Ole Gunnar Solskjær

With the resources they’ve burned through under the previous 2 managers to then be starting Brandon Williams at Anfield is shambolic. Ed Woodward for me is the problem, the 90’s method of throw cash at a team and you will get results is slowly being edged out it seems.

I don't really have a favourite English team, but it would appear that Man U are in a bit of a freefall from the heady days of the 90's when they were sweeping all aside to a somewhat mediocre team today.

Closer to the bottom of the EPL than the top. Wasnt that long ago they were the ones to beat.

Im sure if they do replace him eventually then whoever comes in will have a big job to do to get rid of the deadwood and rebuild.

The problem isn't OGS yes he's out of his depth but that Club needs cleaned out and revamped in every area starting with there absent owners who are only interesting in meeting the interest payments on the big debt used to buy the club.
yes, it needs a total revamp, funny to watch though.

Loads of managers out there you just know are on borrowed time. Valverde was one at Barca ( who took way too long to dump him )

Lennon as well !!!

It's mental how unstable both Man U and Arsenal have become since Ferguson retired and Wenger left.
Man U appear to find themselves in a very similar situation to the one they had when Sir Matt Busby retired - a succession of big name and less experienced managers who failed, until a certain Scot arrived. It took him a few years to get to grips with things and was also nearly sacked himself before eventually having the phenomenal success which is now history.

He’s living on his reputation as a player. Man Utd are terrible just now, all over the place. But do still have a handful of very, very good players.

the Pogba situation should have been dealt with before now too.

What i dont get is the fact that they were playing great up until he signed that contract and now it has all gone tits up,terrible appointment

Man Utd's Murty.

By all accounts a nice guy, but completely out his depth.
Man Utd's McCoist, I'd say. Club legend that the supporters are desperate to do well but deep down they all know (and have known for a good while now) that he isn't the right man for it.

It's amazing that he got the job in the first place. No CV to speak of, took Cardiff down from the Prem then back to Molde. I'm loving' their demise.

The main problem is definitely upstairs, but OGS is likewise out of his depth. He’s done nothing in his coaching career to suggest that he’s capable of managing a big club. It was a total punt by Man Utd, based purely on the fact he is an ex-player. Man Utd’s rot will continue for some time I suspect.

Being a fan of Liverpool I am loving their demise.

There is more wrong at that club than Ole, I don't think he was was the right appointment but I think there bigger issues at play. Plus the more managers they keep swapping and letting sign players the more difficult the job becomes for the next manager because he is left with so much deadwood to get rid of because there is no strategy in place about a style of football they want to play. Its a frenetic approach they have for signing players, it doesn't fit with the style I would expect to see from Man U. 3 or 4 managers since have had very different approaches to players and tactics.

They need a DOF, they need to define a strategy of how they want a Man U team to set up and look like. They then need to start their youth teams playing that system and then signing players that match that system. Not lets just sign Harry Maguire because he has been good Leicester. Maguire suited Leicester because they didn't play a high defensive line as he doesn't have the pace and football intelligence to deal with a high line. Man Utd play a high line and he has been caught out so many times.

Man U looked better in the second half yesterday but it wouldn't be hard because they barely touched the ball in the first half. In the second despite looking more threatening, they really only had one good chance and that was missed by Martial.

I think Woodward and Ole need to go, they need a DOF and a manager who can work together and have the same principles of how football should be played. Otherwise, if Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea get their act together then Man U will be finishing mid table from next season onwards.

Man Utd's McCoist, I'd say. Club legend that the supporters are desperate to do well but deep down they all know (and have known for a good while now) that he isn't the right man for it.
A bit like Lampard at Chelsea but he rightly will be given an opportunity in the transfer window to change it..... Ole had had that already

The whole structure at Man Utd is wrong. It needs everyone pulling in the same direction. It's difficult to imagine when they will challenge again.

Being a fan of Liverpool I am loving their demise.

There is more wrong at that club than Ole, I don't think he was was the right appointment but I think there bigger issues at play. Plus the more managers they keep swapping and letting sign players the more difficult the job becomes for the next manager because he is left with so much deadwood to get rid of because there is no strategy in place about a style of football they want to play. Its a frenetic approach they have for signing players, it doesn't fit with the style I would expect to see from Man U. 3 or 4 managers since have had very different approaches to players and tactics.

They need a DOF, they need to define a strategy of how they want a Man U team to set up and look like. They then need to start their youth teams playing that system and then signing players that match that system. Not lets just sign Harry Maguire because he has been good Leicester. Maguire suited Leicester because they didn't play a high defensive line as he doesn't have the pace and football intelligence to deal with a high line. Man Utd play a high line and he has been caught out so many times.

Man U looked better in the second half yesterday but it wouldn't be hard because they barely touched the ball in the first half. In the second despite looking more threatening, they really only had one good chance and that was missed by Martial.

I think Woodward and Ole need to go, they need a DOF and a manager who can work together and have the same principles of how football should be played. Otherwise, if Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea get their act together then Man U will be finishing mid table from next season onwards.
Absolutely agree with this. They need a DOF and a strategy and then appoint a head coach that buys in to that.

It never ceases to amaze me how much kudos Ferguson gets, yes he won loads of trophies, that’s an inescapable fact and probably all Man U fans care about. I get that, but the reality is Man Utd from 1990 were the only gig in town when it came to money, nobody could compete, they should have won all the trophies. However Wilkinson out thought SAF 92 Dalglish did the same in 95 with Jack Walkers money and Wenger did it regularly. SAF also had the machine of the FA behind him, allowing him carte blanch to intimidate referees at will, they were allowed concessions and privilege not afforded to any other club. I hate Man U with a passion, like most on here hate the unwashed from over the city but what I will say is the Premier league is better with a strong Man Utd. Just so long as they never win %^*& all again.

What i dont get is the fact that they were playing great up until he signed that contract and now it has all gone tits up,terrible appointment
I don't remember them playing anyone decent when he was in interim charge, all the wins came against lesser sides. Yes they won away in Paris but PSGs approach to that was ridiculous, far too over confident after the first leg and played like the tie was already over

It never ceases to amaze me how much kudos Ferguson gets, yes he won loads of trophies, that’s an inescapable fact and probably all Man U fans care about. I get that, but the reality is Man Utd from 1990 were the only gig in town when it came to money, nobody could compete, they should have won all the trophies. However Wilkinson out thought SAF 92 Dalglish did the same in 95 with Jack Walkers money and Wenger did it regularly. SAF also had the machine of the FA behind him, allowing him carte blanch to intimidate referees at will, they were allowed concessions and privilege not afforded to any other club. I hate Man U with a passion, like most on here hate the unwashed from over the city but what I will say is the Premier league is better with a strong Man Utd. Just so long as they never win %^*& all again.
They had Leeds 91/92, Blackburn 95, challenge from Newcastle then Arsenal Chelsea and city of course wouldn’t say they should have won every trophy as it’s almost impossible.

Ferguson won everything though at one time or another and seen off every challenge in the long run

Not all his fault. Glazers take out FAR TOO MUCH money for a club with such a large turnover. And his DoF Woodward is fucking terrible.

They have spunked a fortune on bang average players.

However he is not going to turn it round and is out of his depth.

The fact of the matter is that of their current side, bar the goalkeeper who still has question marks against them, not a single outfield player would get in the Liverpool or Man City teams... they are MILES off the pace and I can only see that gap getting wider.

As football fans you never know what goes on day to day, but a good indicator is listening to interviews & press conferences. Every time he speaks I just think 'I don't believe a word you're saying & I don't think you even believe yourself.'

At times in that game they had Liverpool worried. He needs time to weed out the dross, the prima-donnas and the acceptance of losing. He looks to have turned Fred around, for example.

Every team gets a wee bit of the ball v Liverpool. The sheer intensity of their play means they usually have a wee breather midway through the second half.

I struggle to contemplate what Utd have became.

Only knew the SAF era and never imagined them turning into the most ordinary of teams.

They seem to have no signing strategy at all.

Reactions: VGM
See this new update to the Lounge, every thread has like 7+ pages now and it takes an age to read through them :mad::))

He's their McCoist imo.

The fact that every manager since Ferguson has struggled even with the resources at Man U shows that's there's something wrong in the background. Mainly Woodward. The players that they have just aren't good enough either.

Keane has a point, though. Since SAF, every manager they have had has been able to show they are competent, whether at United or not. It's a much bigger problem than the name on the Manager's door and I think everyone knows this now.

As long as the Glazer kids are in charge, I don't foresee them resolving the real issues at the club and I think it's incumbent on the fans to attempt to force change at boardroom level.

David Moyes, Louis van Gaal, José Mourinho and now OGS all failed at Man U - the common denominator isn't the quality of the manager, but those running that club as a cash cow.

Man U appear to find themselves in a very similar situation to the one they had when Sir Matt Busby retired - a succession of big name and less experienced managers who failed, until a certain Scot arrived. It took him a few years to get to grips with things and was also nearly sacked himself before eventually having the phenomenal success which is now history.
In the current climate I doubt we'll see similar again. Very few managers now get the time like Ferguson did. Only potential one I can see it happening to is Lampard at chelsea.

A club that seem to be lacking direction. After so long dominating it seems inconceivable that they could end up like Liverpool and not win a league for a very very long time.

I'm surrounded by Man U fans in work.

They all want to give him time but totally agree he's sacked before the end of the season. Pochettino is the collective choice for replacement.

Personally i think the need a DOF first!

Klopp couldn't get that team playing any better. Horrible players in that team.

OGS isnt great but not the main issue

I'm surrounded by Man U fans in work.

They all want to give him time but totally agree he's sacked before the end of the season. Pochettino is the collective choice for replacement.

Personally i think the need a DOF first!

I have a season ticket holder at my work and he is adamant that they must stick with him, 'cause they wanted to sack Ferguson once and he turned it around', I don't think they have quite moved on yet.

Back