Olimpiu Morutan

LenzieLoyal

Official Ticketer
Olimpiu Morutan in Rangers transfer link as Gio van Bronckhorst 'eyes' Ianis Hagi alternative.

Rangers have been linked with a move for Romanian playmaker Olimpiu Morutan in a deal that closely resembles Ianis Hagi 's move to Ibrox.

Gio van Bronckhorst is planning for the January window as he looks to get the Premiership title over the line amid a challenge from Celtic.

So far his focus has been less on incomings though and more on his current Rangers squad.

However while Connor Goldson and Joe Aribo's contract situations are high on the list of priorities, it's likely he will look to freshen things up with one or two new faces.

And reports in Turkey say that Olimpiu Morutan, who has struggled for game-time at Galatasaray in recent weeks, is in their cross hairs.

fa1wt477h4y71.jpg

A three-time Romania cap, Morutan knows current Ibrox playmaker Hagi from the international scene.

And it's claimed the Premiership champions want Morutan on an initial six-month loan with an option to buy in the summer - a near-exact replica of the deal that took Hagi to Ibrox.

It's claimed that Morutan is being eyed as Rangers expect "serious" offers for Hagi and could be lined up as a replacement.

Do we need to replace Hagi if he leaves? He himself is having to play out of position, much rather a right winger.
Yeah we do. We already have inadequate depth in the wing and attacking mid positions. If Aribo is out Bacuna or Hagi are really the only ones who can play in the number 10 rule in the middle. So if Hagi leaves we need to replace him AND bring in at least one more natural winger.

Looks good in the YT video. Has played 589 minutes in 12 appearances (4 as sub) for Galatasaray this season and has 3 goals and 0 assists.

Also featured in all their EL games 3 starts and 3 sub appearances and 0 goals and 0 assists in 313 mins.

I know Galatasaray are a bit of a basket case club just now though so perhaps not settling under their manager. Hopefully we can pick up a bargain.

From The Hootsman

Galatasaray are reluctant to let Morutan leave permanently given they spent £4million for his permanent transfer six months ago, but would be open to a loan move to continue his development.

Such a scenario, however, appears to hinge on concrete interest in Hagi, who has admirers across Europe.

I'd bite their hand off for a straight swap.

From The Hootsman

Galatasaray are reluctant to let Morutan leave permanently given they spent £4million for his permanent transfer six months ago, but would be open to a loan move to continue his development.

Such a scenario, however, appears to hinge on concrete interest in Hagi, who has admirers across Europe.

Based on that YouTube clip you'd swap one of our most creative players for a player you know little about?

From The Hootsman

Surely you’re not being serious ffs

Hagi is a superb prospect

He does lack pace but he is a great player with a superb work ethic

I think Hagi is worth £10m so your straight swap view is way off the mark

Surely you’re not being serious ffs

Hagi is a superb prospect

He does lack pace but he is a great player with a superb work ethic

I think Hagi is worth £10m so your straight swap view is way off the mark
Yes, I'd swap him for Morutan.

I don't see anyone getting killed in the rush to sign Hagi for £10M.

£10 million + for Hagi hopefully, replace with Morutan + Skov Olsen (loan to buy deals if possible)
Then sort out the Goldson situation at Centre Half and see if we can offload the non contributors and we'll be good to go.

Looks good in the YT video. Has played 589 minutes in 12 appearances (4 as sub) for Galatasaray this season and has 3 goals and 0 assists.

Also featured in all their EL games 3 starts and 3 sub appearances and 0 goals and 0 assists in 313 mins.

I know Galatasaray are a bit of a basket case club just now though so perhaps not settling under their manager. Hopefully we can pick up a bargain.
Did he play against St Johnstone
Watched both games and can’t remember any Galatasary player catching the eye..

Yes, I'd swap him for Morutan.

I don't see anyone getting killed in the rush to sign Hagi for £10M.
Tempted to ask what your job / profession in football is mate but best just take it a step at a time and ask if you ever starred for the BB lol . Actually all I’m really thinking is our players deserve respect but clearly that isn’t a view we can agree upon .

Did he play against St Johnstone
Watched both games and can’t remember any Galatasary player catching the eye..
By the look of this mate the answer is No maybe he joined after that Tie ?

YouTube clip looks impressive. I think it is more likely Aribo will leave this window than Hagi, we are at the stage now that teams in the EPL will bid at levels we will struggle to turn down.

Based on that YouTube clip you'd swap one of our most creative players for a player you know little about?
Hagi seems to be the current whipping boy, maybe now that Morelos has hit a bit of form.
Vastly under-rated and almost always because he doesn’t have Sakala’s pace.

£10 million + for Hagi hopefully, replace with Morutan + Skov Olsen (loan to buy deals if possible)
Then sort out the Goldson situation at Centre Half and see if we can offload the non contributors and we'll be good to go.
Why would two clubs loan us players for the same position? And why would we buy two loan players for the same position?

Perhaps as a backup? But doesn't appear to be better than any of our regular starters. Trust the process though.

YouTube clip looks impressive. I think it is more likely Aribo will leave this window than Hagi, we are at the stage now that teams in the EPL will bid at levels we will struggle to turn down.
I’m with you mate. I have this horrible feeling Joe will leave us in January. I really hope we’re wrong though.

Joe Aribo spends most of his time off in London.
He shoots out to the airport after every home game.
He is a London lad and will eventually end up playing for a big club in the capital
I think it’s inevitable Joe will go down south and he will deserve any big move he gets. But I really hope he puts it off until the summer.

Our business plan is based on selling players for profit and repeat.

Then when it's spoken about on here folk have as hissy fit when there is speculation about said players being sold....lolz

Our business plan is based on selling players for profit and repeat.

Then when it's spoken about on here folk have as hissy fit when there is speculation about said players being sold....lolz
When are wee actually going to sell a player for this massive profit that I out business model?

Out finances are literally crying out for one haha

Back