One of two things needs to happen now

The way the majority of the players have chucked it makes me physically sick and I'd ship the majority of them out if it was possible.

Number 1 to go Tavernier, i hope that was his last game for us, it would be a fitting end hobbling off the way he did under the most pathetic circumstances

Number 2 Goldson

Sorry to be so brutal but enough is enough

I’d say both need to happen. Gerrard almost definitely does not have what it takes to win a league title and we can’t afford to stick by him in the slim hope that he does.

Last edited:
The problem is, that small selection is within a ridiculously small time window. Not picked from sporadic periods over the course of a season. I just don't think anyone being utterly apoplectic can be criticised in the here and now.

I'm not criticising anyone for their criticism of Gerrard - it's the premature adulation and needless hyperbole which is the problem.

The miracle of our European run is the only reason the gaffer is still here... If we were out of that I reckon he would have walked tomorrow morning.

Regardless of the managerial situation the majority of these players must go in the summer
People talk of how much the board has put in. What use when their appointments pish it down the drain and we continually have to start again? What use uefa money if it’s swallowed up in rebuilds. What use highly rated players that we end up getting peanuts for as we play them into shitty form? Our model is a shambles.

As if things weren’t hard/bad enough, next 4 games are really tough:

Ross County (away)
Leverkusen (home)
Celtic (home)
Leverkusen (away)

Stevie G certainly knows he’s got his work cut out. Hopefully he can survive this and turn things round, honestly don’t know if he can.

There is a serious amount of uncertainty at the club right now. We’ve had the worst 8 years in our history at this famous old club but at this stage right now I feel there are worse times to come.
We have a board that while they saved us from inept ownership and possible ruination, they seem to be quite a soft touch when it comes to the business side of the club. Sure they have invested millions on the field, which obviously hasn’t worked, there are still so many other areas that need updated or improved.
the stadium, other than the main entrance and marble staircase and that general corridor on the first floor and the new players lounge and ground floor of main stand the exceptions, is a complete shit tip which needs major investment to get it back up to the standards we as a club require. It’s old, decrepit and at times farcical to look at from certain aspects.
we have no kit sponsor as far as we are aware from next year because of some robbing scum charlatans who lined their pockets with the blue pound. And financially we are almost at basket case stages.
On the field we have a manager who’s profile fits with the requirements of the club, but who’s results should see him lose his job if not for his reputation. The he players he has bought and inherited are so far off the pace in this league they may as well give the title to the bheasts. They have fell on the sword so meekly, it’s embarrassing.
we as a fan base who have ploughed so many millions of pounds into the club for so long, we deserve to be treated not like a cash cow but as a fanbase who deserves to be watching a winning football team on the park and a competitive team off it. We deserve to be at the top, but we are so far away from that right now that I fear our Glasgow rivals will stretch a title lead so far and extend this title run for years to come unless we get a major major cash injection and investment.
mr king and his board have did us proud, that cant be taken away what they did for the club, but we need more from them and I’m not sure they have the financial muscle to do it. Or whether they have the heart or the hunger to stop this bandwagon that’s going on in the east of this city.
It’s a painful time to be a rangers man right now, we need a winning team to give the fans an escape.

This team is full of cardboard shitebags. No fight, aggression, will to win, passion, determination or leadership. NOTHING !!!
BASTARDS.

Not defending his selection of Tav and Goldson but what is he genuinely supposed to do with the defence?

All our centre half options have mistakes in them and everyone knows Flanagan isn't good enough. Polster injured but has about the same ability levels of Halliday who nobody wants in the team when he plays instead of Borna. That leaves Patterson as the only other option for Tav is it really fair to put so much pressure on a young 18 year old kid finding his way in the game who struggled defensively against Inverness?

I dont know what the solution is but changing manager isn't going to change the options available to them it's the same players available.

This squad of players is either ruthlessly culled come the summer (and I mean torn apart) or the manager goes.

And we all know how it ends when a group of players decide they either can't be arsed playing or they're utterly terrified of playing. I cannot help but feel this ends with a new manager come next season. I cannot believe it's come to this.

And BTW, if Gerrard goes then this group of players better still be on their way out. There is simply no place for that level of shitehousery or shitebaggery at Ibrox.

I'm done with them. Starting with the captain and vice captain.

Hard to disagree much with this. Particularly the last line. Hope they were both embarrassed with themselves afterwards, but they're probably not, which is the problem.

There is a serious amount of uncertainty at the club right now. We’ve had the worst 8 years in our history at this famous old club but at this stage right now I feel there are worse times to come.
We have a board that while they saved us from inept ownership and possible ruination, they seem to be quite a soft touch when it comes to the business side of the club. Sure they have invested millions on the field, which obviously hasn’t worked, there are still so many other areas that need updated or improved.
the stadium, other than the main entrance and marble staircase and that general corridor on the first floor and the new players lounge and ground floor of main stand the exceptions, is a complete shit tip which needs major investment to get it back up to the standards we as a club require. It’s old, decrepit and at times farcical to look at from certain aspects.
we have no kit sponsor as far as we are aware from next year because of some robbing scum charlatans who lined their pockets with the blue pound. And financially we are almost at basket case stages.
On the field we have a manager who’s profile fits with the requirements of the club, but who’s results should see him lose his job if not for his reputation. The he players he has bought and inherited are so far off the pace in this league they may as well give the title to the bheasts. They have fell on the sword so meekly, it’s embarrassing.
we as a fan base who have ploughed so many millions of pounds into the club for so long, we deserve to be treated not like a cash cow but as a fanbase who deserves to be watching a winning football team on the park and a competitive team off it. We deserve to be at the top, but we are so far away from that right now that I fear our Glasgow rivals will stretch a title lead so far and extend this title run for years to come unless we get a major major cash injection and investment.
mr king and his board have did us proud, that cant be taken away what they did for the club, but we need more from them and I’m not sure they have the financial muscle to do it. Or whether they have the heart or the hunger to stop this bandwagon that’s going on in the east of this city.
It’s a painful time to be a rangers man right now, we need a winning team to give the fans an escape.
I agree with every word

No they shouldn’t. With decent additions, And by that I mean, some proper seasoned pros, added to the squad it will pull everything together.

A shite squad and team don’t do this well in europe without having talent.

We just don’t have the players with balls that can get us through the league campaign. I’d argue not one.

More proper and seasoned than McGregor and Davis who have multiple league titles wtih us already? More proper and seasoned than Defoe?

We need better players (and frankly a much better manager). Seasoned or otherwise. Ferguson aside, the team Walter built in 2007, that went on to be very successful, hardly had another trophy winner in it, never mind league winner.

Actually reading that back, it's a proper and seasoned manager we need.

More proper and seasoned than McGregor and Davis who have multiple league titles wtih us already? More proper and seasoned than Defoe?

We need better players (and frankly a much better manager). Seasoned or otherwise. Ferguson aside, the team Walter built in 2007, that went on to be very successful, hardly had another trophy winner in it, never mind league winner.

Actually reading that back, it's a proper and seasoned manager we need.
Quicker, fitter, stronger... Would be a start.
Davis was a good player but it looks like Mother Nature is catching up with him quick.
He's just one example of why it's going backwards.

He goes and a decent experienced manager sees who he wants and gets the rest out , Buys a few real quality players and makes up the squad with the U20s

Hard to argue with any of that, cash in on Morelos and Tav, these clowns have downed tools since December.

Tavernier got an operation due to a health issue, didnt play a game for 6 weeks or something then got rushed back

Hes clearly not fit

But aye hes a clown

This squad of players is either ruthlessly culled come the summer (and I mean torn apart) or the manager goes.

And we all know how it ends when a group of players decide they either can't be arsed playing or they're utterly terrified of playing. I cannot help but feel this ends with a new manager come next season. I cannot believe it's come to this.

And BTW, if Gerrard goes then this group of players better still be on their way out. There is simply no place for that level of shitehousery or shitebaggery at Ibrox.

I'm done with them. Starting with the captain and vice captain.

Tav
Morelos
Goldson

Sold to try and fund a rebuild. We will be lucky to get £25m for the 3 of them.

We really should not have given Defoe and Davis new contracts.

They all need to go.

A new manager and new squad.

Unfortunately we cant afford it
Agreed Gerrard looks and sounds a broken man. He’s facing real failure for only the second time in his career the other being his slip v Chelsea. His time is up. Financially we probably can’t afford to bin him and his coaches.
Everything about the club is wrong from them NEVER sticking up for the fans the shambolic handling of SD and now Hummel and Elite the memorial garden the media specifically bbc and the sun it’s utterly unprofessional and embarrassing time for complete regime change.

As if things weren’t hard/bad enough, next 4 games are really tough:

Ross County (away)
Leverkusen (home)
Celtic (home)
Leverkusen (away)

Stevie G certainly knows he’s got his work cut out. Hopefully he can survive this and turn things round, honestly don’t know if he can.
Its probably gonnae get worse before it gets better. I’m not sure how he can survive either.

A mass clear-out is the last thing we need now.

We just need to supplement the squad with winners of a higher quality than those we have starting right now. This means pushing the boat out for another centre back, full back, centre mid and goalscoring attacker as things stand, and relegating some regular starters to the bench.

If we had quality in depth then we could ride out rough patches like this by rotating those low on confidence. Right now we can't do that.

On their day, we have a squad who have proven multiple times that they can beat anyone in the country. It would be ridiculous to then tear that up.

We need a clear out and a spine developed in the team. Relieve Tav of the captaincy and give it to Jack or Shagger. Someone with a bit of backbone who cares.

Agreed Gerrard looks and sounds a broken man. He’s facing real failure for only the second time in his career the other being his slip v Chelsea. His time is up. Financially we probably can’t afford to bin him and his coaches.
Everything about the club is wrong from them NEVER sticking up for the fans the shambolic handling of SD and now Hummel and Elite the memorial garden the media specifically bbc and the sun it’s utterly unprofessional and embarrassing time for complete regime change.
He played for Liverpool in the 00s. Bar a couple of seasons in Europe every season was a failure.

Back