Online subscription service DAZN in running for UK Champions League Rights 2021-2024

I pay $150 for it here in Canada. Really good service to be honest.

All EPL games, Champions and Europa League games, Serie A, all NFL games and other stuff like boxing, etc.

Have the app on my TV for it but easily cast on to a TV and I also get it on all my devices (phone, Ipad, laptop, etc).

Picture quality is excellent.

I was very wary of DAZN but have found it to be worth the money for sure.

Forgot to mention. I was in Scotland last month and my DAZN account wouldn’t work. It was blocked.

I’ve mentioned the latency issue.

The old school methods are 40 second delays

Some of the new platforms now have that under 20

Once you have it under 10 you are in same league as Sky and gamblers / folk texting family at game are happier

DAZN may be the ones to reach it

I would think it is probably well less than 20 seconds already. Do you mean the delay in the cameras picking it up and picking what to broadcast, or latency once it is broadcast? Don't know how much you know about gaming, but I stopped using PS4 a couple months ago and now use Shadow tech, essentially streaming a gaming/windows PC system. The server for this is in France and my delay is 18 milliseconds, for HD (4K from February) video at 120+ frames per second, twice the average FPS that a football game is shot in. I'm able to do this flawlessly on 18mbps internet speed, streaming all content is the future of home entertainment.

We're going down a route where we'll have service providers and content providers. Your set top box will essentially be a web enabled media box and PVR. You'll subscribe to each content provider directly and access them via your set top box.

The likes of Sky and BT won't bid for content rights themselves.
I'm not sure Sky and BT offer enough outwith sports to remain attractive and I don't see the value for either party in using their boxes as a portal, particularly in the era of smart TVs and fire sticks etc. Sports are crucial to their business.

I have it here in Canada. $12.50 a month if you sign up for the year. They have all the Canadian rights to the EPL/Champs league and Europa plus the Serie A and English Championship.
Pretty crappy that I pay for a regular cable tv package and now also this!

The Canadian/German packages look good value

however they’ll need to come in with more than just the champions league to be able to charge us £10 a month in the UK

maybe if they hoover up Serie A and La Liga which are really still looking for a home it may become a viable option to many

There sport content is shocking at the moment they've lost so much European Football it's unreal.

Don’t help themselves either when last Tuesday they had 5 League Cup matches to pick from to show live but they took the choice to show none. Before anyone says it I know they had two live on Wednesday.

Live sports streaming 40 seconds behind live is a joke for folk that actually care about the score and have family friends at the match etc
I have to turn off notifications on my phone if I’m watching an internet game. My phone updates me on the action before the TV does.

We're going down a route where we'll have service providers and content providers. Your set top box will essentially be a web enabled media box and PVR. You'll subscribe to each content provider directly and access them via your set top box.

The likes of Sky and BT won't bid for content rights themselves.
This is correct, I work in the industry and it’s all gearing towards this.

No it's not.

Just switch your phone on silent and watch the game ffs.

That is fine and easy enough, but what if you are gambling?

It wouldn't bother me personally, but I'd still like to see them work on the delay to -10 seconds. Do that and get all the sports under one roof and one subscription and I'd pay.

Having to fork out for multiple services is putting so many off.

I'm not sure Sky and BT offer enough outwith sports to remain attractive and I don't see the value for either party in using their boxes as a portal, particularly in the era of smart TVs and fire sticks etc. Sports are crucial to their business.
They will be your service provider along with VM and other 5g enabled operations.

You can’t watch content without a provider.

Don’t help themselves either when last Tuesday they had 5 League Cup matches to pick from to show live but they took the choice to show none. Before anyone says it I know they had two live on Wednesday.

One of those 2 Wednesday fixtures would have been Tuesday if the fixture scheduling allowed it as I stated before to you, their hands were tied that week on that matter

Never going to drop showing either Liverpool v Arsenal or Chelsea v Manchester United

hopefully Sky and ITV get it, although they'll need to get some sort of goals show for it rather than Alan McInally doing that "goal zone" thing he used to do on matchdays for SSN

if you win the bid, do the show properly like BT have

One of those 2 Wednesday fixtures would have been Tuesday if the fixture scheduling allowed it as I stated before to you, their hands were tied that week on that matter

Never going to drop showing either Liverpool v Arsenal or Chelsea v Manchester United

Yes I know this, do you work for Sky or something? Seem very keen to defend them at any given chance. Must have been very hard for you the other week when they were late with the December schedule.

Was absolutely no reason why they could not show 3 league cup matches live that week at all - 1 on Tuesday and 2 on Wednesday.

The Australian Rugby League coverage on Sky was shocking this season as well, Premier did get a good job with that - think they showed every match live and if there was a clash they showed the other on Premier Player. I reckon Sky showed about 20% of matches this season.

In all fairness unless you are a really serious in play trader/gambler it won’t be a problem. Just something else for many to complain about. Complete pain in the arse down the boozer mind as someone is bound to have the latest score and

Yes I know this, do you work for Sky or something? Seem very keen to defend them at any given chance. Must have been very hard for you the other week when they were late with the December schedule.

Was absolutely no reason why they could not show 3 league cup matches live that week at all - 1 on Tuesday and 2 on Wednesday.

No I don't work for Sky or any media for that matter - just take an interest in this sort of thing

They are allowed 2 live game per round under the contract they have

No I don't work for Sky or any media for that matter - just take an interest in this sort of thing

They are allowed 2 live game per round under the contract they have

What’s the love in with Sky then?

That could easily have been sorted out with the strength of the deal Sky has with the Football League. We had a situation there where there were matches from Holland, France, Italy and Germany being shown live or streamed officially to the uk yet none live in the English League Cup. Absolutely pathetic in this day and age yet they still showed every goal as the matches went on on sky sports news and the Oxford Sunderland penalty shoot out live.

hopefully Sky and ITV get it, although they'll need to get some sort of goals show for it rather than Alan McInally doing that "goal zone" thing he used to do on matchdays for SSN

if you win the bid, do the show properly like BT have

Just like when they never chose to show a match live the other Tuesday in the league cup yet had live cameras at every ground for sky sports news, were going to the goals every time one was scored and showed the Oxford v Sunderland penalty shootout out live. Bizarre.

What’s the love in with Sky then?

That could easily have been sorted out with the strength of the deal Sky has with the Football League. We had a situation there where there were matches from Holland, France, Italy and Germany being shown live or streamed officially to the uk yet none live in the English League Cup. Absolutely pathetic in this day and age.

I don't have any love-in with Sky or any media for that matter but I try understand how contracts work and effects is has with other issues

You have 2 clubs playing on the Sunday that didn't want to play Tuesday not mater how many changes would have been made

Different broadcasters showing overseas don't impact on on our domestic games

I don't have any love-in with Sky or any media for that matter but I try understand how contracts work and effects is has with other issues

You have 2 clubs playing on the Sunday that didn't want to play Tuesday not mater how many changes would have been made

Different broadcasters showing overseas don't impact on on our domestic games

Focus on the 5 league cup matches that took place on Tuesday October 29th and forget about the ones that had to take place a day later.

No it's not.

Just switch your phone on silent and watch the game ffs.

I've seen some head scratching stuff on here at times but that's a new one. Within 40 seconds of the goal going in, this guy has friends or family who instead of celebrating immediately start texting him updates. They've got a good enough signal and time to do this in 40 seconds, as well as him immediately reacting to it. And that's why DAZN which is successful pretty much everywhere wouldn't be good here. Aye.

My brother lives in Berlin and has DAZN. It’s miles better than Sky and miles cheaper too.
There is a bizarre obsession from some on here to keep giving those b*stards at Sky/BT our money yet constantly complain about having to listen to the likes of Stewart, Sutton, Walker et al.

Plus the amount of advertising the game is saturated with must surely help bring in plenty of cash for these providers.

Focus on the 5 league cup matches that took place on Tuesday October 29th and forget about the ones that had to take place a day later.

So which of other 2 games selected would you have dropped for focus on the Tuesday?

BTW it happened the SPFL last season

Hearts v Hibs and Dundee v Celtic were shown on the same night by BT Sport for the same reason as what recently happened in the League Cup on the Sunday was the League Semi-final finals up here Heart and Celtic played on that day

So which of other 2 games selected would you have dropped for focus on the Tuesday?

BTW it happened the SPFL last season

Hearts v Hibs and Dundee v Celtic were shown on the same night by BT Sport for the same reason as what recently happened in the League Cup on the Sunday was the League Semi-final finals up here Heart and Celtic played on that day

Please read the full replies I have already given, the answers are already there. In short 2 matches could have been shown on Wednesday and 1 on Tuesday. The bloody penalty shoot out for Oxford v Sunderland was shown live on sky sports news on the Tuesday so it obviously ain’t a law/rule being closely stuck to is it!

Please read the full replies I have already given, the answers are already there. In short 2 matches could have been shown on Wednesday and 1 on Tuesday. The bloody penalty shoot out for Oxford v Sunderland was shown live on sky sports news on the Tuesday so it obviously ain’t a law/rule being closely stuck to is it!

In game clips now part of that contract with the EFL

I think the upcoming midweek EPL will have that on Amazon Prime

Sky can now put on social media 3 minutes of EPL 15 minutes after the game as part of their new deal with EPL

In game clips now part of that contract with the EFL

I think the upcoming midweek EPL will have that on Amazon Prime

Sky can now put on social media 3 minutes of EPL 15 minutes after the game as part of their new deal with EPL

lol.
Also if that League Cup round had have had Man City v Spurs the Tuesday that would have been on live along with the other two on the Wednesday.
Anyone who has been in a pub in Germany on a Saturday afternoon knows how good the Konferenz is, not surprised so many people are impressed by the BT CL Goals Show.

lol.
Also if that League Cup round had have had Man City v Spurs the Tuesday that would have been on live along with the other two on the Wednesday.
Anyone who has been in a pub in Germany on a Saturday afternoon knows how good the Konferenz is, not surprised so many people are impressed by the BT CL Goals Show.

Quite possible and would have meant of one of the other 2 wouldn't have been shown on the Wednesday

I am aware that other broadcaster will do their own thing as well like the goal show on BT which is decent I prefer that at times than full games

No. Contractually they could only show 2 matches live plus in game clips.

The issue is with the UK TV rights, the broadcasters are not permitted to show all games whereas in other countries the contracts allow for all games to be televised. The sooner we ditch the 3pm blackout here the better.

No. Contractually they could only show 2 matches live plus in game clips.

Already answered that, would have soon changed if City v Spurs took place in that round. Would also have changed had Villa v Liverpool been moved from the allocated date, no way would that not have been shown live and quarter finals week been left with only 1 live fixture.

Quite possible and would have meant of one of the other 2 wouldn't have been shown on the Wednesday

I am aware that other broadcaster will do their own thing as well like the goal show on BT which is decent I prefer that at times than full games
You have faith in Sky I don’t, I’m happy with that.

You have faith in Sky I don’t, I’m happy with that.

I understand how the current contract works that is all - 2 live games

They have selected 2 quarter-final regardless of the Liverpool issue which is now sorted

I understand how the current contract works that is all - 2 live games

They have selected 2 quarter-final regardless of the Liverpool which is now sorted

I understand it perfectly fine as well. I also feel a date set for announcing fixtures should be respected and not be a week late - hence why I have no faith in Sky, BT, Premier League and the Football League. Sadly some don’t feel like that and that’s why they get away with it, in fact some feel it’s all good and respect them for it.

I understand it perfectly fine as well. I also feel a date set for announcing fixtures should be respected and not be a week late - hence why I have no faith in Sky, BT, Premier League and the Football League. Sadly some don’t feel like that and that’s why they get away with it, in fact some feel it’s all good and respect them for it.

Total understand that in terms announcing live game as recently the week delay for EPL it shouldn't happen but at times it can happen

As I said i am not defending media broadcaster or any company

Total understand that in terms announcing live game as recently the week delay for EPL it shouldn't happen but at times it can happen

As I said i am not defending media broadcaster or any company
There you have why they get away with it, as some people think it is ok and pass it off in that manner.

The BT CL goals show is good because they have people on it who know about the players and team playing, James Richardson hosts and has James Horncastle etc on it. Sky have Ally Mcinally and Charlie Nic now wonder the coverage used to be rotten

The BT CL goals show is good because they have people on it who know about the players and team playing, James Richardson hosts and has James Horncastle etc on it. Sky have Ally Mcinally and Charlie Nic now wonder the coverage used to be rotten

Champions League programme would just be him screaming "chance!" and then not knowing who it's for because he doesn't know anything out of Celtic and the Premier League bubble that Sky live in

Never heard of them but if it’s an online platform only it will fail.

Only ones that can pull that off would be either Netflix or Amazon.

How do you come to that conclusion then?

Their business model is built for the millennial and digital native generations, it's the future of accessing video and live content IMO. Not to mention just about every new television is a smart television these days.

Netflix or Amazon (or Apple) may even decide to buy them over.

It's definitely good value DAZN but after paying Canelo $365 million after he was caught cheating against Golovkin I'm going to stick to my plan of paying for RTV and finding a stream for everything else I want to watch.

I'm not the most technologically gifted but it's rare I can't find a stream on twitter in less than minute.

Their business model is built for the millennial and digital native generations, it's the future of accessing video and live content IMO. Not to mention just about every new television is a smart television these days.

or partner which is also likely.

A company valued at $5bn is destined to fail. Destined.

Never mind the fact that they've been broadcasting CL, EL and other leagues in Germany, Japan, Spain, etc. for a long time.

Back