Open Goal

Because loads of people work from home these days and have about 40 hours a week worth of content to fill, before even considering time spent at the gym, walking etc. They aren’t limited to 2 hours of content per week.

I’d also always listen to more than just Rangers fan media personally as I’d start to find it boring, repetitive and create a form of tunnel vision. I enjoy H and H but I don’t see myself as hostage to fan media channels just because it’s Rangers content I still enjoy content I enjoy and expand that beyond just listening to other Rangers fans.

Given the absolute wealth of podcasts available, that's still really a hard sell as a valid reason.

I’m not selling it to anyone. If I stick a podcast on for an hour some random day during the week you will be OK

I absolutely will.

Like many others, we'd question why that's the option rather than a million an one other more coherent listens though.

Do what you like though, no one is stopping you either even if all the negative comments about it are very relevant to the discussion on this thread.

I absolutely will.

Like many others, we'd question why that's the option rather than a million an one other more coherent listens though.

Do what you like though, no one is stopping you either even if all the negative comments about it are very relevant to the discussion on this thread.

cheryl-cole-right.gif

Watched the episode and Halliday fights our corner the whole time Kyle's analysis is horrific he ends it by saying he wants rid of VAR and go back to human error cause he can't be bothered with the debates of VAR every week. Ferry does say he understands the rule of why the penalty was given and Slaney said it's a penalty with the rule as well.

Quite like the show.
Kyle did retract a bit under rational comments from the others.
Their discussion of the match was fair.

Watched the episode and Halliday fights our corner the whole time Kyle's analysis is horrific he ends it by saying he wants rid of VAR and go back to human error cause he can't be bothered with the debates of VAR every week. Ferry does say he understands the rule of why the penalty was given and Slaney said it's a penalty with the rule as well.
They’ve done a good job of getting everyone talking about their show by clipping the controversial part, ie Kevin Kyle talking out his arse while the rest of it is relatively balanced.
Roger Hannah made a point on SSB the other day about the likes of Michael Stewart and Chris Sutton ‘doing their job’ for their employers by drumming up controversy and gaining attention for their channels. Same with the likes of TalkSport and Open Goal, it’ll be encouraged.

That cannae be right, he's became one of them or some shite.

I think its noticeable that Halliday is still playing, its a lot of ex players saying its not a foul, maybe not in their day, but it is now.

As or that debate comment, he just wants a different debate, though I think he realised he had fucked it when Ferry said without VAR they dont get the penalty and Dessers goal stands.

Because loads of people work from home these days and have about 40 hours a week worth of content to fill, before even considering time spent at the gym, walking etc. They aren’t limited to 2 hours of content per week.
I'd still rather gouge my own eyes out and piss into my skull than listen to those reprobates talking shite no matter how much downtime I have.

I thought the most interesting part of the show was Halliday saying that Tav is one of the most one footed professional footballers he has known and he thinks even Tav would agree with this.

The pass back to the keeper would have been on Tav’s left foot. He obviously still should have cleared it.

I’d also always listen to more than just Rangers fan media personally as I’d start to find it boring, repetitive and create a form of tunnel vision. I enjoy H and H but I don’t see myself as hostage to fan media channels just because it’s Rangers content I still enjoy content I enjoy and expand that beyond just listening to other Rangers fans.
I listen to The Terrace podcast it’s a great way to hear about Scottish football outside the “bubble” with people not afraid to say who they actually support rather than picking the diddy team nonsense you get on some platforms.

I enjoy open goal, it’s a good laugh not to be taken too seriously.

But anyone who doesn’t admit it’s heavily slanted towards Celtic analysis wise (despite Halliday) is kidding themselves on. That clip of Kyle shows his brains but the whole analysis of the game from the weekend is slanted towards them as it always is because of those involved - 3 out of 4 of them Celtic fans.
Absolutely spot on! I don’t even mind ferry and slaney. Ferry is good host and everyone knows slaney is a mentally challenged. Kyles mask proper slipped today as he tries to be “neutral” normally! However he’s a genuine mongo and it hurts my brain to listen to him. He needs replaced!

Absolutely spot on! I don’t even mind ferry and slaney. Ferry is good host and everyone knows slaney is a mentally challenged. Kyles mask proper slipped today as he tries to be “neutral” normally! However he’s a genuine mongo and it hurts my brain to listen to him. He needs replaced!
I think he will be eventually completely replaced by McFadden and Dalziel.

A bunch of grown-up neds that got lucky.
Who in their right mind would actually pay to go and see them at the Hydro.

Reactions: VGM
McCoist, Durrant, Numan and McLeish have all been interviewed for it, and an additional raft of other ex-Rangers players.

The mentally challenged IRA loving pricks that they apparently are.
Well I cant say these types of shows are my bag never watch them never see them unless its a quote on here.
I have no idea what you mean by your last sentence as its the only reason I am replying to you.

I only watch it for Halliday really, his contributions are always good.

Or if they've got a Rangers minded guest on, recent interviews with Greg Stewart and Derek McInnes were very good.

For the last month he’s been calling Paul Slane a Celtic cheerleader and that he plays up to their fans all the time.

Surprised all the people in this thread telling us how he’s not fighting our corner who I presume watch it most weeks are not talking about this.
He also called out McFadden for the penalty we got against Hibs.

I had a laugh at the start of the show when Ferry said things had got heated in their pre show chat on the game and Halliday turned and said to Slaney ‘let’s see if you stick to what you said now we are on air’ and credit to the ‘cheerleader’ he did and agreed it was a penalty and even read out Maddens take on it

Kevin Kyle gets a hard time of it on here but he's been nothing but thankful and complimentary towards Rangers when speaking about his time with us.

People take the show too seriously, yes they do have some mental opinions but the show is a good laugh. If you don't like it then don't watch it.

Kevin Kyle gets a hard time of it on here but he's been nothing but thankful and complimentary towards Rangers when speaking about his time with us.

People take the show too seriously, yes they do have some mental opinions but the show is a good laugh. If you don't like it then don't watch it.

But then how will people know how staunch I am?

Was Kevin Kyle dropped on his head at birth? A complete and utter moron

And this guy coaches kids. No wonder Scottish football is going down the pan.

After his rant he ends up agreeing with Halliday (who explained it perfectly to them, and wee spotty even accepted it) that maybe it was a penalty..

Si Ferry on the touch of the ball it's not a foul is also comical. Halliday showing them up for what they are.

Last edited:
If you use Uber you might get Kyle as your driver. Can only imagine the sh1te he’ll come out with when you are trapped.
Do you need to get an Uber with him as the driver to do a review? He's always going on about his great reviews.. if it's like TripAdvisor I'm sure we could get him down to a 1 star :rolleyes:

I think he will be eventually completely replaced by McFadden and Dalziel.
the best thing they have done is drop McAvennie. He was embarrassing.

I don’t think the show would miss Kyle but at the same time he does give you an insight to how easily a fortune can be made and lost and is a lesson to all young players. I like the fact he can now openly discuss it. Also openly talks about the outrageous money Rangers wasted through ‘The banter years’

Any bear giving time to this Rangers hating mob need to have a word with themselves if it wasn’t for Halliday it literally would be a mentally challenged podcast.
If it wasn't for Halliday, Ferguson and more recently Dalziel I doubt any Rangers fan would watch it

For the last month he’s been calling Paul Slane a Celtic cheerleader and that he plays up to their fans all the time.

Surprised all the people in this thread telling us how he’s not fighting our corner who I presume watch it most weeks are not talking about this.
It is funny mate... The same guys that are slating Halliday for turning his coat, hanging out with them, sucking up the Tim's whatever else but never watch the show because they give money to the IRA o_O.. Halliday backs Rangers to the hilt on that show.

Ferry is generally balanced enough when speaking about us I always find, it’s never just the apparent hate filled nonsense some are making out.

It probably has an occasional Celtic edge but he supports them.

It’s alright to actually speak to people who support or listen to people who support Celtic by the way, the apparent standards some hold themselves to on here is just strange to read.

The show with a poster from this forum in the last week or so was pretty decent.
Ferry is a bitter wee bead rattling creep. He's that balanced with his views on us that he says he's no clue on Phil's style of play even though he's only watched us about 3 times... I still watch the show as long as there is a Rangers man there to back is up.

Ferry is a bitter wee bead rattling creep. He's that balanced with his views on us that he says he's no clue on Phil's style of play even though he's only watched us about 3 times... I still watch the show as long as there is a Rangers man there to back is up.
See tbf I understand Ferry’s point, we don’t really play out from the back very often and more often than not are quite direct. He said he only seen us in the bigger games like the European games and the game at the weekend.

I haven't listened to this weeks yet, waiting for this thread approval.

In general though, I personally find him reasonable enough when speaking about Rangers, it is totally fine if you don't

I think its noticeable that Halliday is still playing, its a lot of ex players saying its not a foul, maybe not in their day, but it is now.

As or that debate comment, he just wants a different debate, though I think he realised he had fucked it when Ferry said without VAR they dont get the penalty and Dessers goal stands.

Yeah when he said about not having VAR Ferry was quick to point out that tims wouldn't have got their penalty without it and Kyle went pretty silent then realised oh aye. Towards the end of the debate he tends to agree with what Halliday said cause Slaney read out Madden's Instagram post about why the penalty was given.

It's kind of good evidence as well if you needed anymore that ex-pros shouldn't be involved in the VAR process.

Always amazes me how grown men can get so upset about a bunch of lads talking about football, supporting their team and not taking themselves seriously whatsoever.

It’s a YouTube show, relax FFS.

Kev goes on about “he’s falling this way, what’s he meant to do ?” How about pulling your leg away from silva.

Completely agree.

Let's be honest, some of the opinions are nowhere near as mental as some of the shite you read on here.

Nope, but if you can't look at something and be honest about it because it involves one of your current team mates, say nothing.
He is playing for that team, looking at things through tinted glasses. An incident happens in a match players of both teams have completely contrasting views on the incident. Is one set of players not telling the truth or do they just see it differently?
We do exactly the same as football fans, never a penalty/100 % penalty. We aren't correct in our assessment each and every time but we all think we are correct (nothing to do with the game in question btw).

Always amazes me how grown men can get so upset about a bunch of lads talking about football, supporting their team and not taking themselves seriously whatsoever.

It’s a YouTube show, relax FFS.

While posting on, a football forum.

While posting on, a football forum.
"a bunch of lads talking about football, supporting their team and not taking themselves seriously whatsoever"

He's just described this place as well. Fancy that. If pulling your puddin to Ferry and Slaney is what floats your boat, crack on.

Back