Orange County tweet

Fucking lol. I can see the headlines (on the petty blogs) already).

For what it's worth, such things cost the club very little so any return on investment will be good.

Usually it's just a 'commercial agreement' that the two clubs will have links.

HorribleLoathsomeHare-size_restricted.gif

Never seen this in gif form before, only meme form. Thanks.

I don’t know why we keep trying this . It never works . We’ve seen it all before . Anyone know if one single bit of good has ever come of it ?
Are you trying to tell us you don’t remember all the fruits from the Shenzhen Jianlibao deal away back in the day?

Me either.

Just because it hasn't worked in the past doesn’t mean in won’t in future

The game is exploding over here

My son was playing a tournament in Portland OR and the team he was playing had the Rangers crest on the sleeve of its top. I asked the coach how that happened and he said their club have a relationship with Rangers Soccer School and subscribe to their training methods and coaching style.

I went and sat in with the other parents and told my boy I’m supporting the other team:D

Provincial clubs over here are desperate to have an affiliation with a professional team especially from Europe...... it enhances their ability to attract the best local talent

I don’t see what’s wrong with it as long as we’re not ploughing too many resources into it.....it’s a big market unlike for example Italy or Spain which will likely hold onto their local talent...

I am an American and I second this. I no joke have 4 American friends who watch games with me. People are attracted to the history of the club.

Lol, the tims in my work are going into overdrive with this! Of all the clubs in the whole of the USA we pick the Orange team! :))

They approached us. Let them think that though, %^*& with their obsessed minds.

“After an initial approach from OCSC, my team and I visited Orange County earlier this year and saw the opportunities at first hand that this relationship could create."

Last edited:
Orange County, Im happy with that. if this partnership annoy's any of the lunatic plastics then fabulous.

Not at all .

You just wonder why we keep going into “ partnership “ with clubs in random leagues over the years , and then we hear absolutely Fck all about it ever again and no good ever comes of it .

What is the point ?

Good PR and we may just pick up a gem ?

How did they look chief

This is onn the basis of one game.

The two under 18's were ok, but nothing to suggest they add anything to what is already a very big squad.

The U15 player who played in the U16's game against Sunderland was a giant for his age and did very well. Were he local he would certainly add to the 2005's which are probably the weakest group. One we will no doubt be keeping an eye on.

Unless they have a good youth academy or have owners who want to invest i cant really see the benefit considering they play in the 2nd or 3rd tier of america with no chance of ever getting promotion to mls as that scenario doesn't exist
Could be what we are after. Is the MLS not just for hasbeens ?

So they are in the second tier? Do they have any chance of promotion to the top league?

Edit: just read the yanks have the same ridiculous set up as the aussies where no team can get promoted or relegated from the top league. What a joke.

Shows “to be announced” on my guide but it does show the Orange County game at 6:00pm PT. I’ll keep an eye open for that.

Last edited:
Not at all .

You just wonder why we keep going into “ partnership “ with clubs in random leagues over the years , and then we hear absolutely Fck all about it ever again and no good ever comes of it .

What is the point ?

Maybe it's about growing the Rangers brand in other countries?

He's spot on though, isn't he? We've had this umpteem times, I remember the Australian team, the Indian team - never once has it actually brought any benefit to Rangers, and there's no explanation of what benefit this will bring to Rangers either. (vague "it'll grow our brand" prouncements don't really count as a solid plan)

Back