Our board and the war we face

We need to stop singing the songs BUT BUT BUT

There is not buts, we need to stop singing those songs and every other group or organisation are irrelevant.

This is on us as a support.

Let's be honest mate,while fans have to now face the reality of the situation and possible worse sanctions ahead, groups like FARE will never stop targeting us for anything and everything. If we all sang wheels on the bus they'd still find an offensive angle. I'm I paranoid about this? Possibly, can't imagine why.

Let's get the usual clarifications out of the way...

Folk should be aware that the likes of FARE operate in a manner to harm Rangers.
Fans well and truly know what word isn't allowed to be sung and that singing Super Rangers or TBB is moronic.
There's no defending the actions of fans who continue to ignore this however "put upon" we might be on the matter.

That being said. Our fucking board really need to wake up and declare outright war on these fucking cunts. From FARE to the likes of the BBC, anyone like Spiers and the other selectarian crusaders who darken the Scottish press with their pish or cunts like the convicted drunk driving Killie board member happy to slander our fans after they've been crushed at their midden.

Trying to fix problems with the BBC isn't working. Appeasing FARE with nice campaigns on the screens at Ibrox isn't working. Pandering to people who hate us isn't working either.

Start by employing a PR firm that actually fucking know what they're doing in terms of presenting the business.

We're in a war and being attacked on a daily basis and while our board did a lot to help us in ridding the Spivs, they've been congratulated on that enough too. Start defending us in the manner we need given the current political situation in Scotland.

This 100% , I’m sick of the club trying to appease. These bas.tards across the road defend everything their smelly tramps do

"Stop singing sectarian songs".

Even when we do FARE will find something else to attack us with.
Their chief is married to a tim, of every club that a member of FARE could be connected to, they are tims.
Their chief is abusing their power to single us out and attack us.

Do secterian songs have a place at Ibrox?
No they do not but that is not the issue here, the issue is that we are being singled out whilst others are allowed to do whatever they want.

If we stopped sectarian singing it will be the use of "Dublin" in Follow Follow or someone flying a red hand.
Genuinely that's the depth these pathetic low lifes c*nts will go to with us to punish us and if you don't see that then you are missing the big picture here.

We've had 2 sanctions in a year for singing and we've got a section closed.
Our neighbours have had 11 sanctions, sing terrorist songs, chant about dead soldiers, palestine displays, throw missiles at players, etc etc etc, and what do they get? Poxy fines.

The songs have no place in Ibrox - fact - but we need to grow a set a balls and demand equality because it's so fu*king obvious how 1 sided it is and sitting on FF typing "stoap at singing" isn't going to help us, if anything it will only make things worse because they know we aren't willing to fight back.

Don't know why the OP is getting such a hard time here. He clearly states the songs must stop. People on here only seem to see one of two viewpoints - our support is entirely to blame - or everyone is out to get us. Both are true. The punishment seems excessive when you see what others get away with. And I'm not just talking about Celtic. Are we to believe that ultras in places like Serbia, Italy, Russia and Poland don't sing racist songs? First and foremost we must get our own house in order. But we can't afford to ignore the double standards that are so blindingly obvious.

YOU don't get it.

Stop singing the songs, yes.

The board don't deal with everything in balance at all. They're meek as %^*& when it comes to dealing with our detractors BBC / Stewart / Spiers / Radio Clyde / anyone who make a a living from spending their life attacking us.

That then leads to us being an easy target for anything as the cruch at Killie proves when Rangers fans got the blame for a possibly near fatal incident and no adequate response came from our board on the matter.

They need to wake up and deal with these issues and then the wider support might also be able to back them more often and call out people who sing songs they shouldn't .

I'll say it again if it makes you happy. The songs should be stopped.

The rest of the issues are entirely something the board is failing us on on a daily basis.

The wider support DOES back them...... you are living in a bubble on here where you spend your day reading things and think them to be true.... you have lost perception of reality.

The vast majority of our fans just want to support a football team and don't care much for half of this pish you are spraffing on about.

Aye FARE target us

Whats your point caller?

If the cops stick a video camera in your face and you do something you have been told not to do........it's not the cop's fault. Stand up in court "aye well he wasn't videoing anyone else, just me", you still done it

Stop singing the songs, they hurt the club

And what if the guy sitting next to you is behaving in the exact same manner? Would you think it was ok if his behaviour was simply ignored/

The wider support DOES back them...... you are living in a bubble on here where you spend your day reading things and think them to be true.... you have lost perception of reality.

The vast majority of our fans just want to support a football team and don't care much for half of this pish you are spraffing on about.

Nope, the wider support absolutely do care that we're denegrated in the papers on a daily basis or blamed for issues in which our support are endangered.

The wider support does not really back the board on this issue at all as you'll see from the continued questioning of them on the matter at supporters rallys and the AGM.

You seem to have your panties in a twist about one specific point regarding songs here and aren't realising the other issues which feed in to the entire way Rangers are treated.

I get that TBB is punishable by UEFA and we now have a stand closure

However, it’s our first offence in years and we’re hit with a severe sanction

The bheasts have had 10+ charges and only get hit with small fines. Fans in Eastern European countries make monkey noises and are hit with petty fines

So why are we targeted for harsh punishment?

Did FARE recommend this punishment? If so, the club need to call them out on it whilst accepting our fans done wrong, call them out for their biased punishment.

As a fan base we need to box clever for European games I guess. TBB has been heard by a small minority at some European games so god knows if further punishment will come.

But for a level playing field, we’re going to need to start reporting other clubs to FARE, UEFA and IMO the club should also be officially reporting songs being sung which target our fan base .

Nope, the wider support absolutely do care that we're denegrated in the papers on a daily basis or blamed for issues in which our support are endangered.

The wider support does not really back the board on this issue at all as you'll see from the continued questioning of them on the matter at supporters rallys and the AGM.

You seem to have your panties in a twist about one specific point regarding songs here and aren't realising the other issues which feed in to the entire way Rangers are treated.

They just support a football team.... that's all it is to most folks - the whole "treated" thing -it's pish - no one really gives a %^*& if Rangers win games of football, sign players etc - most folks aren't spending their day thinking "%^*& i wonder what Spiers wrote about Rangers today" - they care about how fit our players are, who we are going to sign etc ' football things.

Take a few weeks off from this, come back and you might realize that, you are caught in the bubble of this place.

There is no pants twisting, its just mad seeing folks go moon howling with this shite like your original point

Don't know why the OP is getting such a hard time here. He clearly states the songs must stop. People on here only seem to see one of two viewpoints - our support is entirely to blame - or everyone is out to get us. Both are true. The punishment seems excessive when you see what others get away with. And I'm not just talking about Celtic. Are we to believe that ultras in places like Serbia, Italy, Russia and Poland don't sing racist songs? First and foremost we must get our own house in order. But we can't afford to ignore the double standards that are so blindingly obvious.

Thanks. I wondered if the point I made in the OP wasn't clear but you've got it bang on.

Looks like certain posters only want to focus on one point and use it to bang on about their own agenda rather than take the point as a whole.

They just support a football team.... that's all it is to most folks - the whole "treated" thing -it's pish - n - most folks aren't spending their day thinking "%^*& i wonder what Spiers wrote about Rangers today" - they care about how fit our players are, who we are going to sign etc ' football things.

Take a few weeks off from this, come back and you might realize that, you are caught in the bubble of this place.

There is no pants twisting, its just mad seeing folks go moon howling with this shite like your original point

Nah, that's not true.

"No one really gives a %^*& if Rangers win games of football, sign players etc"

You're blissfully unaware of how Rangers are portrayed and treated if that's what you think.

People fucking HATE to levels going way beyond "just supporting a football team" and we're attacked on a daily basis for it.

Let's be honest mate,while fans have to now face the reality of the situation and possible worse sanctions ahead, groups like FARE will never stop targeting us for anything and everything. If we all sang wheels on the bus they'd still find an offensive angle. I'm I paranoid about this? Possibly, can't imagine why.
But Eufa wouldnt, the likes of FARE can report what they like, the sanction is from Eufa due to a report from a Eufa delegate at the game

Okay, Rangers grew from Glasgow Green to the world's best supported club side. And they did it through this:

"They just support a football team.... that's all it is to most folks - the whole "treated" thing -it's pish - n - most folks aren't spending their day thinking "%^*& i wonder what Spiers wrote about Rangers today" - they care about how fit our players are, who we are going to sign etc ' football things."

Yes, we got to where we are by being an SFL / SPL team....wow that was a real draw wasn't it?

Nah, that's not true.

"No one really gives a %^*& if Rangers win games of football, sign players etc"

You're blissfully unaware of how Rangers are portrayed and treated if that's what you think.

People fucking HATE to levels going way beyond "just supporting a football team" and we're attacked on a daily basis for it.

People the vast majority of Rangers fans don't care about.

"Ow %^*& can I even get on this bus work today because a bhoysevco936363 hates Rangers"

is a thought that doesn't go through most Rangers fans heads

read what you are saying FFS.

Okay, Rangers grew from Glasgow Green to the world's best supported club side. And they did it through this:

"They just support a football team.... that's all it is to most folks - the whole "treated" thing -it's pish - n - most folks aren't spending their day thinking "%^*& i wonder what Spiers wrote about Rangers today" - they care about how fit our players are, who we are going to sign etc ' football things."

Yes, we got to where we are by being an SFL / SPL team....wow that was a real draw wasn't it?

Aye it's impossible to become an established football team without singing "%^*& the pope"......no other team has ever done it

"Just hire a PR company ffs"

You realise that we could have the best PR in the world right now and it would change nothing about today.

Take some responsibility

People the vast majority of Rangers fans don't care about.

"Ow %^*& can I even get on this bus work today because a bhoysevco936363 hates Rangers"

is a thought that doesn't go through most Rangers fans heads

read what you are saying FFS.

Are you having a stroke?

I've no idea what that bit in quotes is meant to convey.

My point has got nothing to do with morons on twitter making comments about Sevco.

You seem way out of touch with how our club is seen and treated by our detractors.

You realise that we could have the best PR in the world right now and it would change nothing about today.

Take some responsibility

And you'll have seen that I've said the songs should stop and that the comments regarding how our board defend our club on other matters are separate?

And you'll have seen that I've said the songs should stop and that the comments regarding how our board defend our club on other matters are separate?
How are they separate, what do you want the club to do in response to the upcoming media storm on this for example?

Are you having a stroke?

I've no idea what that bit in quotes is meant to convey.

My point has got nothing to do with morons on twitter making comments about Sevco.

You seem way out of touch with how our club is seen and treated by our detractors.

Not at all, you seem to think the way Rangers are perceived etc from destractors matters a %^*& to most of our fans, it doesn't

The vast majority of things folks get offended by on here doesn't even reach most fans who just like to go to a game of football on a Saturday.

take a clipboard to a game and ask fans how they feel about Spiers I would assume 90% will like say "that lady's front bottom", "oh him" or "who" - that's the "damage" he does to us.

How are they separate, what do you want the club to do in response to the upcoming media storm on this for example?

At this point, the horse has bolted for this specific issue because for decades now, the boards of Rangers including this one have let the press do what they want with us.

Sorry to bring Celtic in to it but as an example, take Radio Clyde's Superscoreboard deciding they're only a footballing show and then a football show which will discuss monetary matters too in relation to certain goings on at Celtic historically. You think Clyde will manage to discuss the partial stand closure tonight or will it just be football matters on the field they look at?

If we had been savvy and taken control of things as our rivals had, we could mitigate the storm and how it's spread and used to damage our brand.

Our board, through their inaction and letting broadcasters and the press say what they want without being challenged, cannot control a single thing in terms of any media storm.

There comes a point where they have to take a different tact on it all.

Not at all, you seem to think the way Rangers are perceived etc from destractors matters a %^*& to most of our fans, it doesn't

The vast majority of things folks get offended by on here doesn't even reach most fans who just like to go to a game of football on a Saturday.

take a clipboard to a game and ask fans how they feel about Spiers I would assume 90% will like say "that lady's front bottom", "oh him" or "who" - that's the "damage" he does to us.

Yeah, you've entirely misunderstood my point as I thought.

I didn't say it matters to our fans what Spiers thinks of us. He's like shite on our shoe.

Unfortunately, the shite smells when it follows you about.

It matters to us (Rangers) in terms of the brand and how we can be marketed. That's the bigger picture I'm talking about.

Folk should be aware that the likes of FARE operate in a manner to harm Rangers.
Fans well and truly know what word isn't allowed to be sung and that singing Super Rangers or TBB is moronic.
There's no defending the actions of fans who continue to ignore this however "put upon" we might be on the matter.

That being said. Our fucking board really need to wake up and declare outright war on these fucking cunts. From FARE to the likes of the BBC, anyone like Spiers and the other selectarian crusaders who darken the Scottish press with their pish or cunts like the convicted drunk driving Killie board member happy to slander our fans after they've been crushed at their midden.

Trying to fix problems with the BBC isn't working. Appeasing FARE with nice campaigns on the screens at Ibrox isn't working. Pandering to people who hate us isn't working either.

Start by employing a PR firm that actually fucking know what they're doing in terms of presenting the business.

We're in a war and being attacked on a daily basis and while our board did a lot to help us in ridding the Spivs, they've been congratulated on that enough too. Start defending us in the manner we need given the current political situation in Scotland.

Couldn't agree more mate.

This board don't have a backbone though. They proved that the day they allowed our players to be assaulted on the pitch at Hampden pass with barely a wimper.

Lots of excuses being used here. The word “19th Century Terrorist” needs to be cut out of our European repertoire. UEFA do not mess around; and will continue to punish it club if we sing their songs in their competitions. The Board will give a firm last warning to the UB; and if they don’t listen and use the word “19th Century Terrorist”again in a UEFA completion they will be banned outright. Time to get smart; time to act

Yeah, you've entirely misunderstood my point as I thought.

I didn't say it matters to our fans what Spiers thinks of us. He's like shite on our shoe.

Unfortunately, the shite smells when it follows you about.

It matters to us (Rangers) in terms of the brand and how we can be marketed. That's the bigger picture I'm talking about.

Well aye, because it is the first mention you have made of this "point"

Well aye, because it is the first mention you have made of this "point"

No, it's the first the bigger picture I spoke of in the OP has been addressed since you went off on a tangent about a single issue in a wider topic.

Have a good evening mate...

And what if the guy sitting next to you is behaving in the exact same manner? Would you think it was ok if his behaviour was simply ignored/
struggling to see your point

EDIT: OK can see now, so because someone else commits a crime, it's OK for everyone to? Really? Try that the next time you are caught speeding "aye officer, I was doing 90, but someone overtook me 5 minutes ago, so go get them instead"

Last edited:
No, it's the first the bigger picture I spoke of in the OP has been addressed since you went off on a tangent about a single issue in a wider topic.

Have a good evening mate...

The "brand" is an easy sell and will continue to be....... football teams have fans who are cunts and on occasion act like cunts - it is what it is.

There are things the board can defend (they do) and things they can't (an incident like this)

The board aren't going to come out of this looking smart if they defend the club etc - THAT, that most likely would do damage.

And for all the huffing and pish and shifting of goals since the original point this thread wasn't going to exist if fans hadn't acted like a shower of dicks, and that isn't something the board can defend.

The thing kicking up a smell of shit this time HAS been fans

You do realise that the term no surrender is seen as sectarian by our many haters ? What'll you do when they come after us for that ?

Im with you mate - theyll never be done moaning because they hate us. We have to do our bit but i wont be happy to do it until i see some give from the other side too.

The bigger picture is who decided that racism is secterian chanting. The definition of racism has been broadened only to have us punished. I don't give a flying hoot how or what religion you are. I'm quite sure the vast majority of people are the same. When whoever decided that secterian and racism are one and the same it clearly had our club and its supporters in mind.

Lots of excuses being used here. The word “19th Century Terrorist” needs to be cut out of our European repertoire. UEFA do not mess around; and will continue to punish it club if we sing their songs in their competitions. The Board will give a firm last warning to the UB; and if they don’t listen and use the word “19th Century Terrorist”again in a UEFA completion they will be banned outright. Time to get smart; time to act
Just the European repertoire? My own view is that it should have been got as far to fućk away from the club decades ago.

This thread, with bears arguing against bears and quite a bit of mischief-making, demonstrates what happens when there is no leadership.
Our club needs a CEO.

Aye let's just bend over and receive it as usual. F*CK that. Give us a level playing field and we'll stop. 1 rendition of the Billy boys gets us a stadium closure while weekly uefa fines and "19th Century Terrorist army" banners across at the piggery are sound? %^*& uefa and %^*& fare.

Get your heads out the sand. They came for the BB coz they feared it, they'll just keep coming, next week it'll be something else. They even came for the hokey cokey FFS!! Simply giving up and bending over to poets in high positions has put us in this position.
What does fighting back look like? Just keeping on singing the same songs and watch the club making nothing from European games when it’s what we rely on?

Take some responsibility

Correct, this isn't about PR, this is about lack of leadership at the club and the damage inflicted on us because of that.

I agree the singing of these songs has to stop but the Club need realise that we are not being dealt with equally, we are being victimised, anything we sing, anything we do they will come after us. This is just another chapter in their pursuit of us as a Club and its support on every level, they are relentless and dirty in their dogged war. The Club and support need to wisen up mobilize and be prepared to fight on the same terms or this is going to lead to points deduction, stadium closure and bans from European competition.

I can see it from both sides.

We HAVE to stop singing certain songs and immediately. It is as equally important though to go after those trying to tarnish our name.

If we are in the wrong we shouldn't get away with it but what i detest is how selective these sort of organisations are.

Wake up for fux sake.

Until we stop providing the fuel for the haters to throw bombs at us then the board are powerless.

Yes, it if acts as a Trojan Horse to attack the traditional supporters.

I dont even know where to start with this. It's a trojan horse to make our club more inclusive and open to all and they even what us to stop singing discriminatory songs?

Is this you?
how-very-dare-you.gif

struggling to see your point

EDIT: OK can see now, so because someone else commits a crime, it's OK for everyone to? Really? Try that the next time you are caught speeding "aye officer, I was doing 90, but someone overtook me 5 minutes ago, so go get them instead"

Ok mate. we won't agree and I am not going to argue with a Rangers supporter. We just have differing opinions. It happens.

There has to be a two-pronged response to this and all related issues.

The club has to get the support onside and that means talking to people directly. this would entail a carrot-and-stick approach.

Yet it also has to challenge the forces lined against it.

So far, it has achieved nothing.

Surely there should have been more direct warnings about the responsibility of supporters at European games. Leaving this to the SLO is not good enough.

The 'Everyone, Anyone' initiative is absolutely useless given the situation the club faces.

Despite those saying we don't need proper PR, of course we do. We simply cannot accept accusations of 'racism' being made without challenge.

As for the support, the rights and wrongs and double standards don't matter any more. Our enemies just love hearing 'The Billy Boys'.

As long as people are singing about the pope and being up o their knees in 19th Century Terrorist blood we do not have a leg to stand on. There will be further bans for larger areas of the stadium if it continues. Times have changed and the fans need to change with them. Thems the facts.
I agree we should stop, but the question is - what do they come for next?

We completely stopped TBB etc and they started coming for the bouncy & WATP etc.

When you bend over and take it as much as our club do, these folk will relentlessly pummel you.

Back