Our fans

That could have gashed one of our players legs. Could have cost us a Euro semi final shot. Utter moron who did that.

Hopefully that person won’t ever be at Ibrox again.

Watching the game at home with 9 year old daughter, having to explain why %^*& nuggets think its acceptable to launch broken glass onto a football pitch, why people think it is okay to rain coins down on players. Unacceptable behaviour. Absolutely disgraceful.

Why can't people just have a drink and go to a game and behave themselves?? Its really not that difficult.
If we are a bit harder on those that can’t behave then eventually the message will get through. Same with singing.

Life ban from football.

Absolutely disgusting behaviour.
I’d love to see this happen. Hopefully the club try to name and shame. It’s a moronic act and this kind of person should not be allowed in a football ground. It’s putting people at serious risk. Completely out of order.

People don’t care. It’s the ‘I’ll do whatever the fcuk I like’ mentality.

Football supporters can be their own worst enemies at times.
Like the people setting off fireworks. What the phucked do they think their achieving?

You must be blind them pal.. take a walk into the concourse at halftime go to the toilets.. sit in the seats next to away fans
They don't even hide it now..
Sadly true. There is definitely a scum element that have attached itself to the club.

Truly soul destroying thread.

I’m in MF and saw none of this, but these ‘people’ have let Rangers & the Fanbase down big time.

I hope, as a human being, they are jailed & banned from football for life.
It seems that people don’t take the hint Grigo.

The club have singled a few culprits out over the years and yet, here we are with aisles all over the stadium a sea of bottles and neds aged 18-45 behaving like, well, neds throwing them about the place.

As usual, everyone will end up suffering. We’ll all need to leave the house half an hour earlier in readiness for longer queues thanks to these doltish cretins.

Idiots. What part of someone assumes that it's ok to do that. And did they think our players would come to no harm with glass on the park??

We are always so far behind the curve on almost all things like this.

Instead of putting a club official up for an immediate interview on Sky straight after he final whistle, as usual, we do nothing and the papers set the narrative, and we all know what they are.

Nonetheless, we really are at a point now where we need the club to own this issue long term, and drive through a genuine programme of stamping out drunkenness, drug abuse, missile throwing and sectarian singing around our club. Wouldn’t happen overnight, but it has to happen or we will become slowly less and less attractive to the next generations of fans and sponsors.

It seems that people don’t take the hint Grigo.

The club have singled a few culprits out over the years and yet, here we are with aisles all over the stadium a sea of bottles and neds aged 18-45 behaving like, well, neds throwing them about the place.

As usual, everyone will end up suffering. We’ll all need to leave the house half an hour earlier in readiness for longer queues thanks to these doltish cretins.

Extremely sad TC, and when many respectable Rangers fans are starting to question continuing their support of the club too it’s obviously at a critical stage.

Drink is a stain on our society. People just can turn into total fannies, I've been there. How is cannabis illegal but alcohol is not. Most recreational violence is 90% fuelled from alcohol. Sure over 70% of homicides. The perpetrator was drunk.
Should just start prescribing mdma the way the do in some countries, bring some love back.
Is that opposed to professional violence? Got any source for that figure? Just asking as 93.7% of statistics are made up on the spot. Not everyone turns into a bell end with a drink in them. My cousin smoked weed for years and ended up a paranoid mess that was seeing a counsellor btw, just to counter your strange wee tirade. The issue generally lies with the person and how they consume something, not the substance.

These people aren’t fans.

Stupid wee neds who get pished and waste a ticket.

The amount of Balenciaga-clad morons in the subway queue laughing and joking like we had just won the European Cup yesterday was sickening.

It’s an excuse for a day out on the piss. They don’t care the way you and I do.

I'll be very surprised if the culprits manage to get away with this. Too many cameras and fans around them.
If that bottle hadn't made it as far as the pitch it could have shattered in among our fans at the first few rows of the Copland front.
If I witnessed it I wouldn't hesitate in reporting the scumbag that threw it.

To those who threw glass bottles.
Hang your head in shame - you’re a disgrace!
Apart from the obvious danger to life, its allowed the Mhanks to take the moral high ground on crowd behaviour. We can forget the likes of the Ricksen lighter and the Dallas coin. They will milk this for all it is worth. It will run for years.
Our neds need rooting out and others like the demonstrators and the songsters need to take a long hard look at themselves. You can't continue to interrupt games or embarrass the club through socially unacceptable sectarian bollox. Wake up FFS.

Extremely sad TC, and when many respectable Rangers fans are starting to question continuing their support of the club too it’s obviously at a critical stage.

I’ve had serious concerns since that wee boot was filmed proudly singing her racists song last season. I’m sick of going on holiday, training etc and when I mention my team people ask if I’m a racist/bigot etc. People on here will say it’s only one but it’s often more than one and regardless that is what people in other countries see.

I’ve only kept our season tickets for sentimental reasons. Haven’t been since Christmas as it just makes me miserable and I don’t feel safe coming out night games. I posted before about my dad (80) getting abuse for taking too long on the stairs. Following Rangers isn’t a good experience just now.

Last edited:
Amount of bottles found in the stands after game was a joke , stewards need to do better searching people coming in to stadium , some of our elements in our support are a disgrace

I’m in the main stand front.
Yesterday we had a “visitor” sitting about five along, he was pissed out his box before kick off and apparently had a bottle of vodka with him. He left with ten minutes to go and could hardly walk. He was about 40 years old.

On the way to the game on Beech avenue I watched a young guy drinking mad dog from a bottle, he had two half bottles of buckfast in the back pockets of his denims. He was blootered.
Nothing unusual there, you might think, but this was right in front of two of Scotland’s finest, nothing was said.

See those who say the “don’t be a grass” stuff, it’s complete pish, these idiots that throw bottles are damaging the Club you support, they are putting players, officials and fans in danger, they are forcing parents to stop taking their kids to the game.

The people who threw the bottles should be held accountable, they must be traced and dealt with.

I thought we’d left this nonsense in the 1970s.

The person or persons who done this will hopefully be easy to find with the amount of cameras in use and be banned not just from Ibrox but every football ground in the country. It’s the very least the moron/s deserve wether it was alcohol or drug fuelled it was nothing short of idiotic behaviour. What galls me more is that people around where the bottle was thrown from just sat there and let it happen. Back in the days of the terraces the crowd around him/her would have opened up and a chant would be taken up showing everyone who had done it. But in this day and age of mobile technology no one seems to know where the bottle came from? Baffling :(

Atmosphere was rotten tbh.

I couldn’t believe how poor it was, at the scum hut it was volatile.

Yesterday was passive, didn’t have any bearing on the match. The scum didn’t even notice they were at their bitter rivals.

Maybe the club should close the stand for a match so people get fucked off and out the idiots.
Drastic measures for drastic behaviour.

Agreed, mate.

If normal people are questioning the hassle of attending regardless of the fare on the pitch, then it’s a bad day.

No one realistically wants the onerous burden of self-policing although reluctantly they will feel compelled to do so out of necessity. The club obviously doesn’t want to unduly draw unnecessary attention to itself either.

There are loads of boys that take a cargo in and can behave and don’t throw missiles. Ordinarily, whilst it isn’t how I’d go about things, is there really much difference between that and getting tanked up on a supporters bus or having a few lunchtime aperitifs before the game other than not taking a container into the ground?

Nah, not really. But it isn’t exactly great behaviour either.

Most of us will have attended weddings whereby someone’s bird or wife will have smuggled a quarter or a half bottle into her purse/handbag to save a few quid on the bar tariff. Most of us look on at that with a chuckle or a sneer. It’s basically the same at the game.

Doesn’t make the act in and of itself right though does it?

Regardless, the louts throwing glass bottles about need to be identified and collared.

People saying this is a society issue - I can’t remember seeing this happen to other UK clubs anytime in my lifetime (I’m 42).

Also others have mentioned seeing glass bottles being flung at their away fans. I cannot stand them lot and what they stand for one bit, but that’s not on.

And lastly the guy saying we shouldn’t be grassing on the guy who threw the bottle??

I absolutely despair sometimes.

Sad day.
It's how neds live their lives.

Most people grow out of that mentality but part of them being neds is they don’t.

Can't remember exactly think it was around 1985-1990 and he basically had every Rangers fan marked as a criminal.
The CCTV inside Ibrox was never turned away from the enclosures and he made it clear we were all on notice.
I never had any run ins with him but a few on our bus did. I thought there would be an old thread on here dedicated to the Hood but perhaps nobody wants to be reminded.

It’s putting me off taking my boy. And as it stands I won’t have my Daughter near any game.

Football fans in Scotland seem to all have become alcoholics and Coke heads under the age of 40
That’s not just at football though, the country as a whole has a serious serious problem with drink and drugs.

Some people care more about themselves having a good time than seeing Rangers. 10 years ago we weren’t sure if we’d have a club to support yet here we are with neds throwing coins and bottles.

Anyone who threw anything can get the %^*& away from my club. Dicks. Lifetime bans hopefully.

I’ll take a pasting for saying it but the whole behaviour of fans is putting me off taking my sons to games.

Like most normal people I want my kids to grow up being decent respectful people. Going to a rangers game is just a embarrassment all the way. Trains to the games filled with folk drinking/ swearing then in to the game where fans are singing songs nothing to do with rangers while other idiots are throwing things on to park.

All around the world is changing but too many fans at rangers are only interested in being stuck in the dark ages. It’s a shame as there are so many brilliant fans but they are being outnumbered now I would suggest

Not having a dig here but why does it matter if it hit the bar and shattered or not.. end of the day it should never have been thrown surely.
Because throwing an unbroken bottle is one thing, but picking up a broken one or smashing it deliberately to throw it is a different level of thuggery altogether.

I’m sure good players will want to come to Rangers knowing this pish goes on, honestly braindead a minority of our support.

I’ve had serious concerns since that wee boot was filmed proudly singing her racists song last season. I’m sick of going on holiday, training etc and when I mention my team people ask if I’m a racist/bigot etc. People on here will say it’s only one but it’s often more than one and regardless that is what people in other countries see.

I’ve only kept our season tickets for sentimental reasons. Haven’t been since Christmas as it just makes me miserable and I don’t feel safe coming out night games. I posted before about my dad (80) getting abuse for taking too long on the stairs. Following Rangers isn’t a good experience just now.
That’s really awful, especially about your Dad. Deeply depressing.

The cherry on top of a truly shite sundae. I doubt we’ll ever rid ourselves of the ned element who continue to shame the overwhelming majority of the support.
Agreed but I’d say it’s a societal issue across the country of which the overwhelming majority support us or that lot.

My neighbour is one of that lot, not a bitter yin, and can’t stand their fan groups as they’re a bunch of wee neds in his view that bring trouble to their door.

I enjoy a good swally in the morning before playing that lot but it doesn’t turn me into a bampot.

Unfortunately many can’t handle the drink/drugs and it turns them from already being a bampot, into a dangerous bampot

I’ll take a pasting for saying it but the whole behaviour of fans is putting me off taking my sons to games.

Like most normal people I want my kids to grow up being decent respectful people. Going to a rangers game is just a embarrassment all the way. Trains to the games filled with folk drinking/ swearing then in to the game where fans are singing songs nothing to do with rangers while other idiots are throwing things on to park.

All around the world is changing but too many fans at rangers are only interested in being stuck in the dark ages. It’s a shame as there are so many brilliant fans but they are being outnumbered now I would suggest
You speak sense mate but more than a few on here will give you pelters.

Buckle up!

Back