Our fans

Some people care more about themselves having a good time than seeing Rangers. 10 years ago we weren’t sure if we’d have a club to support yet here we are with neds throwing coins and bottles.

Anyone who threw anything can get the %^*& away from my club. Dicks. Lifetime bans hopefully.
100% agree.

The Mad Dog/Bucky and coke brigade are spoiling sections of Ibrox. And from friends who support Celtic they feel the same about their support.

Aside from throwing the bottle. If you are taking a glass bottle into the stadium you deserve a ban. If you take in alcohol and coke you deserve a ban. We need rid of these tits, I’ve rarely seen one give any support to or knowledge of what is happening on the pitch.

Sick of these a/holes who come in completely off it, sit and talk utter shite with no idea what is happening on the pitch. Usually late & away early. Also backed by the “they’ve paid their money” crap. Someone else will pay the money that are actual Rangers supporters.

Toilets are an embarrassment at HT or FT. It’s annoying me & right now I would not take any young member of my family to a Rangers game. Which for me & my dad is a sad situation as I’ve gone with him since 1983.

I’m not naive with comments above, it’s Scottish society but it’s magnified inside Ibrox and it’s shameful to witness.

Aberdeen game, some dafty was trying to stand in the area of my seat but was quick enough to f*ck off.

Brondby game had a guy who was pretty well on climbing over seats to get back to his.

other than that not seen much I don't expect to see at games TBH

Surely people close by would have seen the bottle being thrown and they should have reported it.
The c*nt or c*ntess should be charged and get a life ban from attending football and made public who they are..

“Consistently gets the club into bother”….. when was the last time the club got into bother singing tbb domestically??… I’ll wait…….
Not for a while cause it hasn’t been getting sung… hence me raising the issue in the first place. It has been getting sung the last few weeks prior to yesterday in protest of the now infamous friendly in an attempt to get the board/club into bother. You must know this surely?

I get that you’re uber staunch mate, so I cba carrying this on as my last message was meant to hint.

Aberdeen game, some dafty was trying to stand in the area of my seat but was quick enough to f*ck off.

Brondby game had a guy who was pretty well on climbing over seats to get back to his.

other than that not seen much I don't expect to see at games TBH
So someone stood near your seat and you also seen someone climb over seats?

I have never heard or seen anything like this before you should email Rangers and tell them of your terrifying ordeal.

“Consistently gets the club into bother”….. when was the last time the club got into bother singing tbb domestically??… I’ll wait…….

It's hurtling us towards something like Strict Liability that the Scottish Government and also SPFL would love to take him.

And let's not forget the Uefa stand closure. We're skating on very thin ice thinking these songs are acceptable.

There are some a******** who see it as a badge of honour to go to the football and be bigoted, aggressive and anti-social. They’re not going to stop me supporting my team but when the club gets in bother then it really gets my back up.

100% agree.

The Mad Dog/Bucky and coke brigade are spoiling sections of Ibrox. And from friends who support Celtic they feel the same about their support.

Aside from throwing the bottle. If you are taking a glass bottle into the stadium you deserve a ban. If you take in alcohol and coke you deserve a ban. We need rid of these tits, I’ve rarely seen one give any support to or knowledge of what is happening on the pitch.

Sick of these a/holes who come in completely off it, sit and talk utter shite with no idea what is happening on the pitch. Usually late & away early. Also backed by the “they’ve paid their money” crap. Someone else will pay the money that are actual Rangers supporters.

Toilets are an embarrassment at HT or FT. It’s annoying me & right now I would not take any young member of my family to a Rangers game. Which for me & my dad is a sad situation as I’ve gone with him since 1983.

I’m not naive with comments above, it’s Scottish society but it’s magnified inside Ibrox and it’s shameful to witness.

I don't think it's even specific to Scotland mate (but I do agree probably more endemic). When I was up for the Petrofac cup final in 2016, got talking to a group of lads from the midlands in England, who took great delight in telling us they come up every week in a minibus, with a bag of coke and a bucket to piss in. I kid you not those were the exact words.

Not for a while cause it hasn’t been getting sung… hence me raising the issue in the first place. It has been getting sung the last few weeks prior to yesterday in protest of the now infamous friendly in an attempt to get the board/club into bother. You must know this surely?

I get that you’re uber staunch mate, so I cba carrying this on as my last message was meant to hint.
Just as I thought the answer is never.(domestically) of course.

Last edited:
It's hurtling us towards something like Strict Liability that the Scottish Government and also SPFL would love to take him.

And let's not forget the Uefa stand closure. We're skating on very thin ice thinking these songs are acceptable.
If that happens then the likes of Aberdeen and the filth would be hurt badly as well. Look tbb went away for years and still songs from other clubs fans didn’t for example the Ibrox disaster song the sheep sing. Or countless songs sung by the filth. Like I said though domestically nothing will change.

I don't think it's even specific to Scotland mate (but I do agree probably more endemic). When I was up for the Petrofac cup final in 2016, got talking to a group of lads from the midlands in England, who took great delight in telling us they come up every week in a minibus, with a bag of coke and a bucket to piss in. I kid you not those were the exact words.
Yeah I should’ve said British wide. It’s madness. I think at 44 I’m becoming old, but then see idiots older than me doing lines going into Ibrox or inside. I honestly don’t get it.

I stopped singing the Billy Boys at least ten years ago.Yesterday I belted it out with gusto and why? Because I listened to them singing about F, ing King Billy and John Knox and yet not one person will raise an eyebrow,
So I gladly and proudly belted out the old favourite.
Stop it you’ll get called Uber staunch like me mate lol.

Certainly noticed a fair few more than usual who looked like they'd been 'On the Sesh' since friday.

Most people enjoy a beer for the game but the nick of some yday was mental.
This became even more apparent when we realised we weren't getting anything from the game, the behaviour of a few became a bit more mental.

I’ll take a pasting for saying it but the whole behaviour of fans is putting me off taking my sons to games.

Like most normal people I want my kids to grow up being decent respectful people. Going to a rangers game is just a embarrassment all the way. Trains to the games filled with folk drinking/ swearing then in to the game where fans are singing songs nothing to do with rangers while other idiots are throwing things on to park.

All around the world is changing but too many fans at rangers are only interested in being stuck in the dark ages. It’s a shame as there are so many brilliant fans but they are being outnumbered now I would suggest

I think it's reasonable to have an expectation that you can take your kids to the games and it will be safe and somewhat comfortable. Obviously wild celebrations for big goals and a bit of aggression and anger from the stands is to be expected but it should never get to the point of bottles being thrown around.

I think on one hand it's difficult to criticize the support as you can look at the massive following everywhere we go and you can look at how the fans really backed the club from 2012 all the way to last season.

I think there does need to be some kind of soul-searching about the kind of behavior seen and heard around Ibrox on matchdays but not sure who would even lead that or what form it would take. For now it's the mainstream media that set the narrative.

It's inconceivable that those who threw bottles and coins onto the pitch can't be identified, and identified quickly.
It's also inconceivable that there aren't posters on here who either know, or can identify those imbeciles.
So ask yourselves this.
Is it better to remain silent, like some third rate Mafiosa practicing omerta, or is it the correct thing to do to expose those who brought shame, and condemnation on us all?

10 years ago we were on our knees. As a club and a fan base we have come back from the depths, only to be dragged back down by moronic guttersnipes who bring shame on us all.

Get these b*stards identified and punished before the clamour to close our stadium for games begins. And it will, believe me. This has played right into the hands of those who seek to destroy us.
Fellow Bears, do the right thing.

Why are the bams out their tits on cheap drink and coke even getting in the stadium?, why are the police not stopping them, Always a big presence of coppers outside do they just walk about and ignore these fannies?

Obviously so.

The toilets in the stadium are, as stated on this thread, an absolute joke also, smoking, drinking, singing the naughty songs, all going on. At the legends match some utter bams had decided to vandalise the toilets in the CF and taken a door off it's hinges, so much for loving the club and respecting the stadium, they couldn't give a flying %^*& about Rangers, Ibrox, you, me, any other Rangers fan...it's all about them.

Yeah I should’ve said British wide. It’s madness. I think at 44 I’m becoming old, but then see idiots older than me doing lines going into Ibrox or inside. I honestly don’t get it.
C*nts in their 50's and 60's taking it is the absolute fear. I've seen Father&Son and Mother&daughter sharing lines at house parties.

I was a heavy user back in my scandalous days but now I just look at all that with pure embarrassment.

It's been really bad post-covid.
The toilets are a no-go zone for absolute weapons bouncin off the toilets on gear.
Gonna give my ST renewal a real hard think for next year - football aside, the actual match day experience hasnt improved for a long time.
Guy next to me is always back and forth from the toilets taking gear, always steaming and shouting absolute nonsense and falling over everyone, only my 2nd year at this seat having moved from elsewhere but considering moving again because of it, but just your luck if you move and get sat next to another roaster

Old boy and another boy in his 20s were scrapping in the toilets yesterday at half time over who got to take a piss first. Was absolutely embarrassing. Heard "Oot the way ya mongo" and "%^*& off ya lady's front bottom" as they were proper trying to push each other out the way to take a piss instead of waiting about 10 seconds for another space to open up.

Rightly so. Maybe then the club will be forced to take action.
What can the club do?
Can you just imagine the furore on here if they decide to physically search every fan at the turnstyles.
Our club are very proactive in banning fans who step out of line unlike the vermin.

Degenerates.

If you look at old photos of football crowds from 50+ years ago almost everyone looks healthy, normal and well dressed. Not a single person looks like a junkie ned.

You are correct re the well dressed bit BUT as someone who has been attending for over 50 years I can assure you there were plenty neds about 50 years ago. Bottle throwing was a regular occurrence and more often on to our own support. I used to stand in the enclosure with my late father and my brothers and nearly every second punter had a half bottle in his inside pocket. To be fair these weren't the guys that threw the bottles.

What can the club do?
Can you just imagine the furore on here if they decide to physically search every fan at the turnstyles.
Our club are very proactive in banning fans who step out of line unlike the vermin.
Ban the person responsible for life and forward any fine given to them. Done. Don't give a shit if it ruins their life for the foreseeable future, maybe others will think twice.

I was on the subway and there were a group of guys in their late twenties (about 6 of them) and every one of them was taking swigs from half bottles of Buckfast in their inside pockets.

There would have been less keys cut in Timpsons yesterday than there was at half time in the BR toilets.

The bams we have in the support is wild.
So the queue for the one actual toilet in the toilets isn’t for folk needing a shit? :D

Granted that’s not on but I don’t see any particularly unruly behaviour in the concourse or stand

The idiots that threw the bottles no doubt think they're staunch as f*** and bigger Rangers fans than most.

How's that going to work for them when they get identified (and they will) and officially told by the club that they supposedly love so much, in no uncertain terms- 'You are an embarrassment to the name of our club, f*** off and never set foot inside Ibrox again. You are not wanted here'.

Imagine being officially told by the club that you're not wanted and banned from entering our beautiful stadium ever again!
Goodbye and good riddance, you f****** bampots :D

The idiots that threw the bottles no doubt think they're staunch as f*** and bigger Rangers fans than most.

How's that going to work for them when they get identified (and they will) and officially told by the club that they supposedly love so much, in no uncertain terms- 'You are an embarrassment to the name of our club, f*** off and never set foot inside Ibrox again. You are not wanted here'.

Imagine being officially told by the club that you're not wanted and banned from entering our beautiful stadium ever again!
Goodbye and good riddance, you f****** bampots :D
It won’t keep them out. How hard is it to set up a new profile? It’s not like they ask for ID

So the queue for the one actual toilet in the toilets isn’t for folk needing a shit? :D

Granted that’s not on but I don’t see any particularly unruly behaviour in the concourse or stand

The bottles lined up on the bbc article probably account for about 5% of the actual consumption.

I don’t really care for neds. Usually little malnourished nuisances more than anything. But certainly a rise in general bam pots.

I'm of the age pre all seaters when bottle/can throwing was common place amongst your own.I thought those days were over.Poor show throwing anything.
Need to look out the old hard hat mate and get it painted up. ;)
Whit next pishing into beer cans?

It won’t keep them out. How hard is it to set up a new profile? It’s not like they ask for ID
They might still sneak in, but once you've been officially told by the club that you are an absolute embarrassment and not wanted, you're only really pretending to be a Rangers fan after that.

Also, I'm pretty sure once you're banned, especially for throwing glass bottles on the pitch or at opposition players/staff, you have to sign into a police station during matches.

It gets more difficult every passing week to defend our fans

The billy boys was only being sung as a protest to Australian friendly was the defence last few weeks

The throwing of bottles, physio needing stitches is beyond the pale to be honest

Disgusting behaviour doing our club no favours but some now see themselves being more important than the image of our club

Arseholes
Did anyone really think they wouldn't keep that going?

Why are the bams out their tits on cheap drink and coke even getting in the stadium?, why are the police not stopping them, Always a big presence of coppers outside do they just walk about and ignore these fannies?

Obviously so.

The toilets in the stadium are, as stated on this thread, an absolute joke also, smoking, drinking, singing the naughty songs, all going on. At the legends match some utter bams had decided to vandalise the toilets in the CF and taken a door off it's hinges, so much for loving the club and respecting the stadium, they couldn't give a flying %^*& about Rangers, Ibrox, you, me, any other Rangers fan...it's all about them.
Pubs and clubs basically need bouncers to deal with them.

Treating going to the football like a pub or club night is just alien to me.

They might still sneak in, but once you've been officially told by the club that you are an absolute embarrassment and not wanted, you're only really pretending to be a Rangers fan after that.

Also, I'm pretty sure once you're banned, especially for throwing glass bottles on the pitch or at opposition players/staff, you have to sign into a police station during matches.
You’d like to think so.

Imagine waking up in the morning knowing what you’ve done.

I guess someone who has that in their make up, probably won’t give a shit

Pubs and clubs basically need bouncers to deal with them.

Treating going to the football like a pub or club night is just alien to me.
by all means have a drink, enjoy yourself, but when it gets to the point you're out your tits, a slabbering mess, can't walk and your judgement is impaired to the point where launching a bottle, or a coin towards a pitch?...

If someone is visibly pished approaching the stadium, or caught with alcohol trying to enter the stadium then they should be refused entry.

I get why the stewards don't want to get involved but the police are getting paid well to do a job and they can't be arsed, as has been widely mentioned, the police and stewards had their attention drawn to the culprit in the CF who threw the bottle.....and chose to do feck all.

Why do you need to drink during a game ?

Can you not last 90 minutes without alcohol?

After watching that game, I can understand why people drink during it. Unfortunately I had to wait till I got home.

I understand what you mean though.

They put you off going to anything Rangers related.

I just stick to home games. Even European home games it is full of arseholes.

I'd like to do a European away game but some of the people that go and the videos you see make you think it's not worth the hassle.

George Square last year could have been a great day but I didn't go because you knew exactly what was going to happen.

You can't have anything good with Rangers without some scumbags coming along to ruin it.

Back