our injured players

Why are you so keen to know, since none of the above, have any chance of being first pick this year?
Ah the good old, you’re not in my first 11, so you might as well not be there.

Rangers tend to play 60-70 matches a season. We need a squad who can all contribute, either as starters, rotation or subs. You’re not telling me that these 3 fit, wouldnt be of significant use to Gio?

Helander and Roofe played key roles in the 55 season and Souttar would be very handy going into the next 2 weeks we it seems we have 1 fit senior Centre Half.

Injury 11

I'm going for a 4-3-3
I need a right back

. Letizi
?????? Kuznetsov. Prodan. Ball

Rossiter. Thern. Nerlinger

Roofe. Negri. Rozental

*not including Durrant or Mols as their injuries

were inflicted on them by bastards (albeit accidentally in Kahn's case.)

Last edited:
Injury 11

I'm going for a 4-3-3
I need a right back and a left mid...

. Letizi

Rossiter. Thern. ??????

Roofe. Negri. Rozental

*not including Durrant or Mols as their injuries were inflicted on them by bastards (albeit accidentally in Kahn's case.)

Nerlinger?

does anyone actually think that their returns will genuinely make a difference in the squad?

Aye maybe Lawrence, decent lad for midfield… can’t see Roofe or Souttar making that much of a difference, Helander is completely gone aint he?

Christ knows why we let Balogun and Katic leave…

does anyone actually think that their returns will genuinely make a difference in the squad?

Aye maybe Lawrence, decent lad for midfield… can’t see Roofe or Souttar making that much of a difference, Helander is completely gone aint he?

I’d be backing a half fit Roofe to nab a few goals over the course of half a season (if we are expecting him fully fit after World Cup).

Lawrence definitely, Roofe maybe 15 minutes at the end of some games to get our GD up, Lowry I think will have a real role to play this season considering our lack of creativity in midfield. Hagi will probably play a part in the 2nd half of the season

I’d be backing a half fit Roofe to nab a few goals over the course of half a season (if we are expecting him fully fit after World Cup).
Sad state of affairs when that’s all we can hope for from a £4m striker. He should be coming back in challenging Colak and Morelos for the top spot, not just being fit enough for 10 min cameo’s here and there.

I can’t wait til we get rid of him, Helander and the rest of the constantly injured lot. It’s not their fault, but this is no way to run a football team by investing 100k’s a week in wages into guys who contribute very little.

Injury 11

I'm going for a 4-3-3
I need a right back

. Letizi

Rossiter. Thern. Nerlinger

Roofe. Negri. Rozental

*not including Durrant or Mols as their injuries

were inflicted on them by bastards (albeit accidentally in Kahn's case.)
I'm sure Andy Webster could play RB if asked nicely.

Helander (if fit) is an immeasurably better central defender than Souttar.

The "if fit" bit, is the issue unfortunately.

I heard from someone inside the club that Helander has "chronic pain in both legs".

I realise that is incredibly vague (and not at all good) but that's what i was told.

None of us have a clue because the updates we get are so vague. Souttar and Helander are out long term but who knows what GVB considers long term.

Anything from a couple of months to a year

When were we told Souttar was out long term?

I heard his brother had died and then that he broke his foot.. But this is probably 2 months ago... how long does a broken foot take to heal?

I heard from someone inside the club that Helander has "chronic pain in both legs".

I realise that is incredibly vague (and not at all good) but that's what i was told.

Don't think that's accurate mate.

It's a singular foot injury, that came about in a freak accident, at the start of pre season.

It's not the same foot as the previous injury.

Why are you so keen to know, since none of the above, have any chance of being first pick this year?

I’ll join the OP in being curious about the exact nature of these injuries and why they are taken so long to sort.

I haven’t read the full thread yet, but hopefully there is an answer to this somewhere on here. Ultimately, it’s all of us paying much of those wages and a little bit of feedback from the club or players about what’s going on doesn’t seem too much to ask, does it?

Last edited:

If Helander is suffering “chronic” pain in both legs, in the strictest medical use of the word “chronic”, then that would suggest that the poor lad would potentially be finished.

What a shame that would be for him. Awful.

Don't think that's accurate mate.

It's a singular foot injury, that came about in a freak accident, at the start of pre season.

It's not the same foot as the previous injury.

And this subsequent post suggests it’s nothing to do with “chronic” pain.

So, I think these two posts on this one thread clearly show why a little more openness and updating from the club would be helpful.

Last edited:
He was really bad when he was playing if we’re honest.

Helander’s the best defender at the club, just a shame he’s made of glass. Most of it is just more great work by Wilson.
Aye I like helander but sadly he's the modern day prodan for us

When were we told Souttar was out long term?

I heard his brother had died and then that he broke his foot.. But this is probably 2 months ago... how long does a broken foot take to heal?
The point so many miss/forget when discussing the likes of Souttar. Or indeed Roofe, Jack etc.

An injury prone player takes longer to recover as the number of injuries and his age increase. Not only that but his max level of fitness deteriorates as he body absorbs the damage and while he may well come back, its unlikely to be a the level of before. Aside from all that, being in a perpetual state of trying to get back to whatever fitness he can muster, the player is hardly is the sort of shape that Rangers need domestically or in Europe.

If he could just get/stay fit. Indeed but the point is he cannot and will not.

It is a long running and utterly infuriating mess of Rangers own making - signing players who are unreliable and ultimately unavailable.

I cannot think of another Club with the record of carelessness around such things and the people brokering the transfers are solely to blame.

Of course they would.

Helander is by an order of magnitude the best CB in the country and Roofe will definitely score goals.

I take your point about Helander though. It really doesn't look good there.

Think the main point is being somewhat lost. For me it’s why are the club not actually telling us what the injuries are and what the expected return timeframe is?

Gio seems content letting the opposition know on eve of games if people are out so why is he not so forthcoming to the fans on the why’s?

Back