Our levels when Tillman went off

Thought he was poor tonight, tremendous player though we can see that. Just an off night, bet he makes up for it next week!

Last edited:
Before he came off he was (knackered?) walking rather than running and not looking to be available.
Boys got the potential to be a great player but not his finest performance tonight and a logical sub!
But a knackered walking Tillman vs a fit and rested Scott Wright, you decide!

I thought he picked up a knock in the first half. Bringing Wright on for him was the wrong replacement imo.

He always seems to play well in the first half then doesn't get involved in game as much.
Could be he isn't fully fit..

Big fan of him so far but his decision making at times is awful . He has all the attributes to be a top player but wasn’t his best game tonight

I’d have had him off earlier. He was toiling and we had lost the midfield. I’d have had Jack and Matondo on for Tillman and Davis.

Tillman looks a great prospect though. Another Aribo if you like but, like Joe, he will amaze us at times and frustrate at others. I’d like to see more from him when off the ball, in terms of marking his man when defending and finding space for himself when we attack. No question he’s great with the ball at his feet.
Totally agree with first paragraph.

Class player with huge potential. His link up play is tremendous. Once he went off our attacking threat lowered considerably. Thought it strange he came off and although he was tiring, he wasn't the only one.
Poor tonight.
Then you remember he's a boy learning to play a man's game. A real talent who'll deliver, big time, for us.

Class player with huge potential. His link up play is tremendous. Once he went off our attacking threat lowered considerably. Thought it strange he came off and although he was tiring, he wasn't the only one.
He needs to get fit enough to do it for 90 minutes and needs to improve his decision making. That apart he was very good

I thought he was poor tonight,a major frustration,he seemed to take an extra touch or two and was constantly slipping,thought he had a major chance first half to square the ball for a tap in or take a shot himself but decided to take those extra touches and ran it out for a bye kick. :mad:

Wasn't his best game for us, but he tried.
Possibly that one touch too many at times, and seemed to get frustrated at being marked out it too.

He's a kid learning the game, relatively unexperienced in fairness and we will have to allow these type of performances if we want to play him weekly.

He's also extremely wasteful at times. He needs to work on his ball retention as he undoubtedly has amazing talent.
This 100% ….. can tell the boy is a talent but he gave away the ball so often tonight he looked off the pace first half. Don’t know if that’s just my take on it as a few of my mates said he was class tonight :confused:

Too slow, dwells on ball far too long.
Has to learn to release the ball when being overcrowded.
Decent touch now and then.
Like the minority here, don't think he merits the hype.
I wanted him off at half time.
I think Lowry is a far more accomplished player.

Bags of ability, but needs to improve his fitness, Im sure I seen him gesturing to the bench about 55m that he wanted to come off.

Class player but tonight was his worst performance too slow lost the ball his passing was off but it’s still early and it was top opposition tonight

He is an excellent player on the ball. My gripe with him is that he seems to lack awareness of opposition players near him. Needs to be switched on the whole game.

Tnght I thought he looked off the pace and physically not up to it, there were flashes of brilliance but overall thought it wasn’t one of his better games

Thought he was poor all night but still would rather have kept him on than seen Scott Wright come on.

I think most can agree he shows his class in spells. Still getting up to speed but has been thrown in at the deep end. Will only get better

I can just tell he’s gonna be one of them players that frustrates the life out of me. No doubt he has so much potential.

However he seems to make the hard things look so easy and the easy things look impossible

He’s undoubtedly a talented lad but he’s a lot to learn to become a star in the level we require.

A bit too flashy and weak at times, hopefully he learns how to rise above the silly mistakes / mistimed showboating as I think he’ll be a star of the future.

I thought he was poor tonight although still had moments were he looked like he could hurt them. Play broke down a lot because of him taking too many touches or making the wrong decision.

He’s going to get better with game time.

He was bullied off the ball for at least the first 70 against USG, but him scoring the winner, and an over exuberant fan on here who looked as though he’d his glowing post finished before the game was over, had the FF sheep duly falling in line with one adjectival orgasm after another. The Scottish press, slated on here for lifting most of their columns straight from FF, then did just that, hailing the lad as the second coming of Ronaldinho.
The lad is most certainly a player, but young Lowry has a more mature football brain at the moment, knowing when to release the ball, when to take on a man, and when to pass. Sakala and Wright get trashed on here for “too many touches” whereas this lad gets off with it. I’m sure Geo will coach his “greed” out of him, but he’s too easily pushed off the ball at the moment for my liking.

I got back into the pub tonight to see BT highlight some of Tillman’s play.

IMO it was a flattering portrayal of his performance. He had a poor game and for most of the second half him and Davis were always chasing the game and that let PDV dominate.

But, he’s young, was playing against quality opposition and he’s still settling into a new team.

Thought he had a poor game tonight compared with Saturdays game. He’s young still bit to go going to be good player for us.

he has played less than 20 professional games in his career.

Looks like hes knackered after 60 mins he will get better and physically stronger as season goes on.

I thought he was very poor last night- far too casual. Will come with experience but I don't think next week is the game for him.

You should maybe watch the Livi, USG 2nd leg and St Johnstone games back on replay then.

If you can’t see this boy is a player then I don’t know what to say.
It'll be a going against the grain post.

Not even an explanation of why he doesn't see what everyone else see's.

His touch and turn and movement are utterly incredible. His decision making needs serious work. He will get better and better as we power through the season. Great chance tonight to shoot in the first half and then play kent in in the second and failed to do the right thing both times. Big fan - he will become top tier.

He didn't that play well tonight but he's a very promising young player so that will happen. He was subbed as he was knackered.

I thought Davis going off was the reason for the slight drop.

Davis was out best player IMO and maybe Lundstram.

I think Tillman has some wonderful touches and movement and can be a real threat when he wants to be. There is potentially a really talented player in there. The issue for me is that I’m not sure he wants it often enough, he seems to me to be a little lethargic at times, slow to react and tires early on in a game. I think with more time training with the squad and a little more fitness added, he will be a fantastic player. Sometimes though, his body language suggests to me that he isn’t really up for it. Could just be his style of course. If he consistently contributes assists and goals from that position then he’ll be a real asset. I think he could be but he needs to want it.

I thought Davis going off was the reason for the slight drop.

Davis was out best player IMO and maybe Lundstram.

Davis was knackered, you could see that around 55 minutes.

Tillman is 20 years old with limited appearances. Ball retention has to be better but that will come. He looked tired too as the 2nd half progressed.

A lot of our players looked tired on a heavy pitch when theirs didn’t .
Does this need addressed along with our shocking injury record?

He’s going to be a top class player if we develop him correctly.
I think he’ll be excellent in games in Scotland against a packed defence but very much like Aribo had to he will need to work on the defensive side of his game.

This is something which I haven't seen for many a season......the team tiring at the end of a game. Recently, our fitness has been second to none.

His touch and turn and movement are utterly incredible. His decision making needs serious work. He will get better and better as we power through the season. Great chance tonight to shoot in the first half and then play kent in in the second and failed to do the right thing both times. Big fan - he will become top tier.
Agree with all of this. He was frustrating tonight, needed to get rid of the ball quicker & decision making was lacking.

However, it's there for all to see we have a fantastic young talent on our hands.

He was spent though imo we needed subs in midfield who can chase at speed and be effective as they were coming into it! We need to be prepared to leave the pitch emptied to win! Colak is the example if all our players were to have his fitness levels we would be great pressing!

Tillman is first and foremost a good player but also a good athlete, however, that’s when compared to SPFL jobbers and USG, Sangare showed he’s still a few levels below the monster athletes in the UCL. Still, with time, he can get there

Back