Our levels when Tillman went off

Regarding his fitness it’s quite common for young players to play full pelt for 60 mins and then tire. Some need to remember I don’t think he’s played more than 10 professional games at the top level, getting used to that will take time.

Thought he played quite selfishly last night ha d the chance to slip in Kent 2nd half but duffed his shot. Had other moments when passing would have been better than trying to beat opponents. But he is young in first team game terms it will come hopefully.

I thought he was poor last night. Seemed to struggle with the pace and was too slow on the ball, leading to him giving it away constantly. He also seemed to lack awareness of what opposition was around him.

I know people will say he did some good things in attack but his wastefulness on the ball was killing us at times.

Hopefully that's a good learning for him as he's clearly a talented player.

He is wowing me and frustrating me equally in games. He needs to work on his retention, he looks lazy at times, needs work at tracking back a bit harder. He needs to be a bit stronger on the ball as well, seemed to get easily knocked off the ball last night. His decision making needs a bit of work too. We had two possibly three good opportunities with him on the break and he didn't pick the right pass that couldve gotten us a better shot at goal.

He has however unbelievable potential. He has the potential to be on 20 assists and 15 goals a season midfielder. He is still raw but the potential is unlimited and undeniable.

Davis was knackered, you could see that around 55 minutes.

Tillman is 20 years old with limited appearances. Ball retention has to be better but that will come. He looked tired too as the 2nd half progressed.

He was tiring but his ball retention and his positional sense was top notch and there was a noticable drop when he went off.

He’s a young player and so will have an off day (all players do) but his talent is there for all to see. Hopefully he gets the winner next week.

Back