Our midfield, not strong enough and certainly not creative enough, away from home.

blueismycolour

Official Ticketer
Today again, being another example of us not being able to replicate our home form.

3 points were secured, but let's not get over complacent.

We were left wanting in so many ways and again major concerns where there for all to see.

We need strength indetpth, in there and the creative influences we seems to produce with ease at home. Get that and our away form will most certainly change the out come of this season.......

Last edited:
I agree our midfield could be improved but I think some fans have this idea in their head that we're going to sign this no.10 creative playmaker and all of a sudden we'll start blowing teams away.

It's not really as simple as that, particularly when we have a striker like Morelos who looks to come deep and get the ball into feet more than he does play on the shoulder.

It's a combination of system, personnel and the way teams setup against us.

Today again, being another example of us not being able to replicate our home form.

We were left wanting in so many ways and again major concern where there for all to see.

We need strength indetpth, in there and the creative influences we seems to produce with ease at home. Get that and our away form will most certainly change the out come of this season.......

I actually agree, I'd say we'regood in the wide areas but another attacking mid like Arfield (who we badly missed today btw) would be good. If our wingers aren't firing we struggle to find creativity else where.

We were left wanting in so many ways and again major concern where there for all to see.

A creative midfielder is a must.

We have some decent players but a hardy sort that can play a bit but someone who takes no shit from ugly wee neds like today and that can bully opponents would be useful

Dorrans was supposed to be that man.

At Ibrox we are destroying sides down the wings. When we need Guile away from home it's just not there.

Trouble is quality creative midfielders cost £££££. If Davis is even a remote possibility then Gerrard needs to make it happen.

I agree our midfield could be improved but I think some fans have this idea in their head that we're going to sign this no.10 creative playmaker and all of a sudden we'll start blowing teams away.

It's not really as simple as that, particularly when we have a striker like Morelos who looks to come deep and get the ball into feet more than he does play on the shoulder.

Cracking post

The midfield doesn't get close enough to Morelos.

Kent has started getting closer & coming in more centrally at times which helps. However we do lack a no.10 who operates a little bit further forward & runs in and around Morelos.

Outwith today, we still lack a real quality defensive/central midfielder who can dominate possession & influence the pace/tempo of the game.

I think some fans still think it’s 2010 and everything was just a bad dream!

I don’t agree with the not physical or strong enough I feel we’re ok with that but 100% agree the no.10 has got to be our priority signing in January whether it’s Davis or not I don’t know but we must bring in a quality creative midfielder for exactly these types of games where our wide players are marked out the game

I think we need to take into consideration how unfortunate we've been with injuries.

Coulibaly got hacked down just as we were starting to 'click', Arfield has been in and out with injuries and he's supposed to be our #1 in the mid, Jack can't put a run of games together, Dorrans has barely kicked a ball. On top of that, you've got Rossiter and even Murphy who's played in the middle once or twice at the start of the season.

What we need is Jack being fit and played consistently and the same for Arfield, I think you'll see a huge step up then.

Someone willing to have a regular dig at goal from outside the box would be good.

Considering the gaffer would shoot from anywhere within 35 yards of the goals, I'm surprised we don't do this more often.

In saying that, I know not many players have the quality that Stevie G did!

The midfield doesn't get close enough to Morelos.

Kent has started getting closer & coming in more centrally at times which helps. However we do lack a no.10 who operates a little bit further forward & runs in and around Morelos.

Outwith today, we still lack a real quality defensive/central midfielder who can dominate possession & influence the pace/tempo of the game.

Agree on both FS.

Davis is that player we are badly missing. Ejaria is a great player when he wants to be but not a title winning midfielder. For me the Old firm match will be a blur to the kid again in December.

More the later, the creativity was horrendous today. I dont think playing Rossiter & Coulibaly will ever work because the way they both play. Rossiter done ok but McCrorie should have started for me. We clearly missed Arfield and its a shame Dorrans seems as though he will spend more time on the treatment table than the football park.

Refs are not helping as our team are booted all over the shop regularly like today and Dallas took to booking more of our guys.

Obviously not the only reason.

Aberdeen we played great, ref fucked us over.

Motherwell first half was decent.

Livvy and paedo park were pish but zluvvy the park was shite and they were physical as were Motherwell and we need to get used to that and stand up to it and find solutions.

A hardy bastard may help but a really creative sort might too.

Arfield’s injured.

Jack’s still out.

Dorrans is injured.

Dig and creativity (in bucketloads) missing from those three alone.

We’ve not had a fully fit compliment in midfield for about three years, it’s mind blowing.

Agree. But I’m not sure I’d go for him. I’d want to know if he has the legs still too.
I’d prefer Ivanusec at Zagreb. Probably cost us below 2m.
Can shoot can run and can play nice little 1-2s with the striker. 19yo and has already played for Croatia & scored.
If the money's there(and it should be with increased revenue in merchandise and Europe even before a share issue)then I'd love to see that type of player in January.
If not Davis on a six month loan deal would make perfect sense,especially when you consider Murphy and Dorrans seem unlikely to kick a ball again this season as things stand right now.

Also,I fear those two won't be the last of our long-term injury woes this season with a quarter of the teams in the league with horriffic plastic pitches.

It's been clear all season we lack a quality playmaker in midfield.

I'm liking what is being build now, but I really hope we are scouting for this position and pull out the stops in January. Maybe qualifying out our Europa group would make the difference.

Davis is that player we are badly missing. Ejaria is a great player when he wants to be but not a title winning midfielder. For me the Old firm match will be a blur to the kid again in December.
As talented as he is,he's suited to certain games against certain teams-we need better as starters right now in most games to properly challenge imo-no harm to the lad.

Dorrans was supposed to be that man.

At Ibrox we are destroying sides down the wings. When we need Guile away from home it's just not there.

Trouble is quality creative midfielders cost £££££. If Davis is even a remote possibility then Gerrard needs to make it happen.

Dorrans is out for the season apparently. Might be why we are being linked with Davis again.

To be fair though the first 40 mins were dire because they had either 10 or 11 behind the ball and that is hellish to play against.
That’s when u need an Arfield or Jack to try find that pass. Coulibaly for me has lost a bit of form even before the international break. Ejaria couldn’t get the ball out from his feet before he was getting clattered today. Rossiter looked understandably rusty
Having said that we won and scored another 4 goals. We know we can be better. Let’s not look for the negatives

Don't think we've had the chance to see how good our midfield can be yet. At various times we've been without Coullibaly, Jack, Arfield and not forgetting the long term problems with Dorrans and Rossiter. Ejaria is not yet ready to be THE playmaker on a weekly basis but thankfully he's been fit to play almost every week and has been needed given the manager's lack of options at times. I would prefer to see our midfielders get fit and allow Gerrard the luxury of changing the personnel for tactical reasons rather than out of necessity, before we think about signing even more midfielders.

We are lacking a bit in midfield however Gerrard had to change a huge amount of the squad.

Now we have a solid base and squad to build from we can start buying quality rather than quantity be it January or next summer.

Absolutely. And first choicers will drop to squad players & squad players will move on.
That’s what the great Liverpool squad in the 80s did, and we need to do Recoba.

Back