Our striker is reluctant to shoot.

Dessers usually plays as badly as he did today, but sometimes gets a goal and a lot of his mistakes are forgotten about.

Today he didn't get that goal and played really badly. On another day he gets a goal and people start talking about him "having turned a corner" and not getting the praise he deserves.

If we had a more prolific striker, we'd probably be home and hosed in the league by now.

Hopefully the 20 goals he has scored this season and the form Lammers has been in means we can move them on in the summer and get our money back.

Clement was furious with him when he never hit the shot first time when Tav played him in.

Dessers usually plays as badly as he did today, but sometimes gets a goal and a lot of his mistakes are forgotten about.

Today he didn't get that goal and played really badly. On another day he gets a goal and people start talking about him "having turned a corner" and not getting the praise he deserves.

If we had a more prolific striker, we'd probably be home and hosed in the league by now.
It's happened nearly every second or third games this season, has a howler one game after missing multiple sitters but scores in the next game and you have people claiming he isn't that bad.

Yes he has scored 20 goals this season but he's still not good enough to lead the line for us, Simon Murray has nearly scored the same for Ross County yet he'd never ever be considered a signing for us.

He doesn’t have a strikers instinct always wants an extra touch or two before he’s confident of getting a shot on target.

It's happened nearly every second or third games this season, has a howler one game after missing multiple sitters but scores in the next game and you have people claiming he isn't that bad.

Yes he has scored 20 goals this season but he's still not good enough to lead the line for us, Simon Murray has nearly scored the same for Ross County yet he'd never ever be considered a signing for us.

I think people forget that a striker who plays for Rangers is going to get chances, and is ultimately going to take some of them. He has some goals this season but should have a helluva lot more and have contributed more to other goals.

Frustrating isn't the word. I'll be surprised if my telly remains intact if/when he does it next week
lol aye the same which is why I won’t watch it now, we won’t win a league or important games with a striker who wants a week to get a shot away and when he has the week decides to chop back and back and back and chop back and back back and back and back and chop back and back

this wandering offside has to stop as well.

its fucking infuriating

He’s literally a 6 yard box striker. I identified his game early on. The reason he’s wanting all these extra touches is because he’s got no confidence in his shooting ability from further out and wants to use his left foot as well.

Some player’s have the skill to take an extra touch or two and still finish but it’s definitely not working for him and even if his skills were a bit better you only get a moment in a packed box to take your chance and he constantly refuses to learn that lesson!

The manager needs to be firm with him now and get him told in no uncertain terms…when the chance is presented it’s one touch and shoot or pass it or just hit it first time. He’s done it all season and it’s driving the support crazy!

Absolutely bizarre. Has a clear shot at goal, already past the defender and tries to turn inside for some reason. Just take the shot ffs

Absolutely bizarre. Has a clear shot at goal, already past the defender and tries to turn inside for some reason. Just take the shot ffs

Im still not 100% over that time at the crime scene when he was through in the box and rather than shoot he just kept running.

Its like his mind goes blank.

I dont dislike him and he doesnt hid but he is not good enough and hopefully he gets a move in the summer.

It might be harsh but he should have a lot more goals this season. Another who can't be starting games for us next season.

He's someone who's always trying to work his way into a good shooting position rather than hitting it first time. It's clear he feels more comfortable taking a touch (or ten) instead of just taking a chance and hitting it. He's actually got a good shot accuracy percentage but he doesn't get anywhere near enough shots away and that is a failing.

One of the most frustrating players I can recall watching. Never a striker in a million years on the evidence of what I have seen this season. Capable of the odd good finish but he just doesn't have the instincts required of a Rangers no 9. Two excellent opportunities today to put his laces through it and hit it first time. If the keeper saves it then at least he has had a crack at it but he takes for too long and for some completely bizarre reason he tries to cut inside with it.

Nice guy no doubt but if he is our centre next year I will greet.

It might be harsh but he should have a lot more goals this season. Another who can't be starting games for us next season.
The reality is the whole forward line needs completely rebuilt over the summer.

We need wide forwards who can score and strikers who are consistent and clinical infront of goal.

I'm not even sure Danilo is the answer either in all honesty.

An absolute diddy - constantly offside, makes the wrong runs that actually block our players, gives away needless fouls and has zero strikers instinct - missed 3 sitters today
ZERO strikers instincts.
Yet has managed something that no striker since Boyd has

Promised I would stay off his back until the end of the season but my goodness he’s infuriating. Time after time he dwells on the ball when shooting is the easier option.

Todays just another example of why he needs to be sold in the summer to recoop the money we spent on him last summer. His inability in front of goal for a striker is mental.

Hands up those who believe the balls going to hit the back of the net when he's going through one-on-one with the keeper.
Hold up play is non-existent.
Plenty of effort but dearie dear.

There were about four occasions today where it was genuinely baffling that he didn’t get a shot away.
What the hell did Beale or our scouting network see in him ?

Because he doesn't possess one decent attribute for a striker ok he has scored goals this season but he is fucking chronic when the ball is played into him.

There is no good first touch or composure and we ended up paying £4.5 million for a severely limited journeyman striker which is typical us and there's no way we are getting that fee back on him.

What the hell did Beale or our scouting network see in him ?

Because he doesn't possess one decent attribute for a striker ok he has scored goals this season but he is fucking chronic when the ball is played into him.

There is no good first touch or composure and we ended up paying £4.5 million for a severely limited journeyman striker which is typical us and there's no way we are getting that fee back on him.
Looking at his career history should’ve told us everything we needed to know.

My son got a bit of a fright the second time he done it today, I lost my shit in the house. I am so fed up with him and his need to take about 5 or 6 touches before taking a shot or feeling he needs to beat a player by dropping his shoulder before taking a shot.

Take a shot first time. He would be on about 30 plus goals if he did.

I really hope we can move him on in the summer. He seems like a nice guy and he works hard for the team but he just doesn't the have killer instinct we need for a striker or the composure.

Back