It’s the 5 at the back that scares me.

Leaking chances every game.

Even when teams are down to 10 men.

I’d have Jack in the middle if fit.

McLaughlin
Tav Goldson Davies Yilmaz
Tillman Raskin Cantwell
Lawrence Colak Kent
Think you have the right idea in midfield. Raskin is the 6, Tillman the 8 (MB said he saw him more as an 8 than a 10) and Cantwell the 10. Proper front foot stuff.

This is just player preference, but my pick is:

McGregor
Tillman Raskin Cantwell
Hagi Morelos Kent
GK could go either way tbh, and we need a new one anyway. Priority #1 and invest properly. Could make an argument for Lawrence over Hagi. TL is more dynamic, IH sees things others don’t. See how they go. Can’t argue with Colak’s goals, but think AF suits a system with two inside forwards, which is what it is. Width mainly from full backs.

For the summer, in order of priority:

1. Please God a GK.
2. Tillman.
3. An upgrade at CB.
4. No. 9 or get Morelos 2.0 out of Alfie.
5. RB, the clock’s ticking on Tav.

I’d love to find space for Lowry somewhere, but he’ll have to go some to break into that midfield.

Can wait to see how much we go and strengthen in the summer also if that's the standard Beale is signing.

I think when the squad is fully fit then Lawrence Tillman Cantwell and Kent should all start behind Colak/Morelos against the dross in the league but when against the scum Lundstram/Jack or Kamara needs to come in and play along side Raskin. I also really hop Hagi can give that front 5 a problem with his performances.

Can’t believe anyone is suggesting Lundstram with the season he’s currently having.

McLaughlin
Tav Goldson Davies Barisic (Yilmaz when fit)
Jack Kamara (hopefully Raskin takes over)
Tillman Cantwell Kent
Colak

That would work as long as Tillman and Cantwell chip in with goals. One of our biggest problems is that we don’t have enough players who score consistently. It’s why Sakala makes a difference.
In the 55 season goals came from all over the pitch,we need to get away from relying on certain players weighing in with goals.

Depends on who we're playing and at what venue.

You wouldn't play the same side against Ross County at home as you would at the piggery, for example.

Our formation could be any of... 4-1-4-1, 4-2-3-1, or 4-3-2-1
It will be horses for courses from...

Gk....McGregor McLaughlin (when fit possibly McCrorie)

RB...Tavernier Devine
LB.. Barisic Yilmaz

CD...Goldson Davies Souttar Sands/King

DM/CM... Raskin Jack Lundstram Kamara Lawrence Arfield Sands

AM... Tillman Cantwell Hagi Kent Sakala Lawrence Arfield Wright Matondo

Striker.... Morelos Colak Roofe

When Lawrence, Hagi, Roofe, Souttar and Matondo are all fully fit, it is a very strong squad.

McGregor

Tav
Goldson
Davies
Borna

Raskin
Lawrence
Cantwell

Tillman
Kent
Morelos
I’d swap Tillman for Lawrence in there, but your right as I do remember TL playing as an 8. We know Tillman no good wide right, but as a right inside 10.
Looks good on paper.

I don't want Tillman shunted out on the right, Lawrence would be a better option there and Tillman and Cantwell can fight out that position.

Or go 433 and get them in midfield.

Really?
Short memory, what about the invincible 55 season, surely that was all about our form.
Yes that did come into my mind when I wrote years and I thought someone would pull me up, ok since the 55 season, that was my intended reference. You get my point though? Feels like a long time ago now I’ll tell you that much.

Beale now has some good problems on his hand when it comes to picking a team.

All of a sudden the bench looks a lot stronger too.
This is what makes the difference, imo.

Going from 'hoping' our subs make a difference.
To 'knowing' our subs can make a difference.

Lundstram nowhere near a strongest Rangers 11 for me. His passing is unbelievably slack far too often.

Mclaughlin

Tav Goldson Davies Yillmaz

—————Raskin

Sakala Tillman Cantwell kent

———-Roffe or Colak ———

Alfie’s done for me love the boy but he can’t get fit enough to play professional football anymore

I would hope that with our recent acquisitions then we would no longer have to endure Lundstrum in our midfield.

If everyone is fit and Lundstrum and Arfield are still getting into the first 11 (apart for rotation reasons/cup games) then the apparant summer rebuild is more daunting than first thought.

Team looks much stronger. Only thing for me is the lack of pace in the team, we really need to add some pace and power in the summer.

You can’t help but smile at some of the posts on this thread. Personally I’m going to leave it to Beale and his staff they are being well paid to get it right. I’m sure they will have a look at this thread though before they do anything in the summer!

I'm over the moon with Raskin signing think he's what we have been crying our for and missing from our midfield. Cantwell too, if we can get him to his best, what a talent we have. For me, both once fully fit are starters. So for me, this would be our strongest starting 11 and the one I hope starts the final against the filth.

McGregor

Tav Goldson Davie Barisic

Raskin Lundstram

Tillman Cantwell Kent

Morelos​
Full fit , hellander and Hagi start

Lundstrum has played through injury - had a really good game against that mob at Ibrox and it hurt us when he went off - add to that his form last season I think some of the criticism is way over the top.

Tillman is wasted out right and I’d have Jack before Lundstram.

Sakala has to start for me on the right, he toasted their LB.

Tillman needs to play centrally, waste of his talents putting him out wide.

I would be going....
GK
Raskin
Tillman Cantwell
Sakala Morelos Kent​

Yes that did come into my mind when I wrote years and I thought someone would pull me up, ok since the 55 season, that was my intended reference. You get my point though? Feels like a long time ago now I’ll tell you that much.
its a lifetime away performance wise but only the season before last in reality.

I would have Helander in instead of Davies

I think we all would, if he was fit mate.

Sadly, all the signs are it's a long term injury that will see him struggle to be fit, before his contract expires.

Such a shame too, as he never really had any major injury record, before he signed for us.

Beale now has some good problems on his hand when it comes to picking a team.

All of a sudden the bench looks a lot stronger too.
The bench being stronger is such an underrated consequence of this.

Look back at the last OF. First 11 was good and by far the better team - fell apart as soon as we needed to turn to the bench.

He didn’t he had him as 1 of the 3 fowards who interchange.

Tillman Cantwell Kent

Morelos

Tillman is on the right as per OP’s post, he doesnt mention interchanging forwards.

My point is Tillman shouldnt play right and yes we all know we play two number 10’s or wide forwards :rolleyes:

Depends on who we're playing and at what venue.

You wouldn't play the same side against Ross County at home as you would at the piggery, for example.

Our formation could be any of... 4-1-4-1, 4-2-3-1, or 4-3-2-1
It will be horses for courses from...

Gk....McGregor McLaughlin (when fit possibly McCrorie)

RB...Tavernier Devine
LB.. Barisic Yilmaz

CD...Goldson Davies Souttar Sands/King

DM/CM... Raskin Jack Lundstram Kamara Lawrence Arfield Sands

AM... Tillman Cantwell Hagi Kent Sakala Lawrence Arfield Wright Matondo

Striker.... Morelos Colak Roofe

When Lawrence, Hagi, Roofe, Souttar and Matondo are all fully fit, it is a very strong squad.
What’s Matondo got to do with a strong squad? Not being snidey here but he has shown minimal potential for being an important squad player thus far.

What’s Matondo got to do with a strong squad? Not being snidey here but he has shown minimal potential for being an important squad player thus far.

I'm basing it on him being a full internationalist with a better team than Scotland and the teams that were supposedly trying to sign him when we did mate.
He was pretty highly rated.

We've barely seen him play under Beale and we've seen huge improvement in Jack, Sakala, Kent and Tillman, as examples, since he came in, so why not Matondo too?

He may, or may not make it with us, but at least deserves a fair chance to impress.

Tillman Cantwell Kent

Morelos

Tillman is on the right as per OP’s post, he doesnt mention interchanging forwards.

My point is Tillman shouldnt play right and yes we all know we play two number 10’s or wide forwards :rolleyes:
The op shouldn’t need to mention it it should be obvious to anyone who watches us.

I'm basing it on him being a full internationalist with a better team than Scotland and the teams that were supposedly trying to sign him when we did mate.
He was pretty highly rated.

We've barely seen him play under Beale and we've seen huge improvement in Jack, Sakala, Kent and Tillman, as examples, since he came in, so why not Matondo too?

He may, or may not make it with us, but at least deserves a fair chance to impress.
I just don’t see where he gets in the team right now unless we are playing diddy teams. Too much of a gamble.

I just don’t see where he gets in the team right now unless we are playing diddy teams. Too much of a gamble.

I would agree.

He is currently behind every other one of the forwards playing behind the striker/attacking mids, I named.

He's at the very bottom of the pecking order, but I still think he hasn't had much of a chance to prove himself to Beale.

Back