Ozil

Watched the game today

He hardly touched the ball in the 2nd half

Given his wages he’s not effective enough in big games

In terms of pure talent he's brilliant. Think he's chucked it though since leaving Madrid, one of the best players in the world before Arsenal and now one of the most critiqued in the world (Whether it's fair or not some of the time)

Think he's a brilliant player when it comes to creating chances etc but he doesn't have the engine in him to help win the ball back. His team need to carry him when they don't have the ball.

Really good at being really shite. There is talent, but by f.uck he hides it well.

• I've watched the guy more than most the past couple of years, & I'll be honest, I think the game has passed him by now. The most successful teams are all about pace & pressing now and that's just not his game. Look at the pressing the likes of Man City & Liverpool do. I don't think those teams would entertain him.

He’s always going to be creative in most games. Problem is he’s got no fight or hunger and won’t push himself when the chips are down.

His style of play looks very lethargic too which doesn’t help fan perception of him.

Ozils job isn’t to track back or defend. It’s to create chances and goals - which he does.

Not Shite.

Not shite , a very talented player , but only when he decides to play . So not a team player and in that sense he is shite . So ? :confused:

£350,000 a week he gets, just mental. I wonder if he ever feels ashamed at night after he’s floated around the pitch half arsed not contributing a thing yet again

He sums up the Arsenal of recent years. Talented, great in patches, but too inconsistent and lightweight, especially in big games.

I think he suffers from having similar mould players around him. He’d look better if Arsenal had a proper enforcer in midfield - a Viera type.

He needs played in the right system with the right type of players around him.

He is not worth playing if you expect him to press and snap into tackles. It is not his game and erodes his ability to find space and create.

If used properly and supported by a high energy and physical team, he is a great luxury player to have.

Ozil has went downhill and he's never been the same player he was at Real Madrid. The Premiership doesn't suit him and he's practically downed tools a while ago. It's a certainty he will move on and get a massive deal elsewhere.

Back