Paddy McNair

I think he's a very good player and still has a lot of growth in him. 25. Hard as nails, can go box to box, can play in defence, good passing, good striker of the ball and a big bluenose. Would be a great signing and would walk to Ibrox to sign.

Jack can't go a full season with our intense schedule. Davis and Arfield can't either. He would be a good addition to the team and would give us energy and dig and drive in midfield.

A much better footballer than Lewis Ferguson.

He isn't a better option than the three mentioned

If he wasn’t Northern Irish, the interest would halve.

I think we need goals and drive from midfield.

He’s like a better version of McCrorie.

Yeah prob, so what ? is being quite popular cos hes a Rangers fan a bad thing. I would have thought it was obvious last season we need more fight and energy in these crazy gang type fixtures at hearts are hibs where they kick everything that moves and ref ignores it.

Not saying you are one of them but the anger which is directed at that wee guy Shankland for supporting Rangers and being linked with the club is just weird. Maybe too much money now right enough but we should have picked up for next to nothing

I know DA done it but it was a long time ago 11 classy (mostly foreigners) aint winning this league, ifs hes staying for another 2 years, hopefully more, Gerrard needs players that are going to fight for him in every game.

Think he would be great but perhaps not creative enough for us at the minute. I think his teammate Britt Assombalonga would be a great signing

Don't mind the player and obviously of good stock and the type of player we need... but signing British players from Championship clubs isnt great business sense - always massively over priced and on over flated wages. Could probably get an equivalent player for much cheaper around europe...

If Hagi was British and coming from a big English club, imagine how much he would cost and the wages he'd command - would be astronomical for a player of his ability.

Yeah prob, so what ? is being quite popular cos hes a Rangers fan a bad thing. I would have thought it was obvious last season we need more fight and energy in these crazy gang type fixtures at hearts are hibs where they kick everything that moves and ref ignores it.

Not saying you are one of them but the anger which is directed at that wee guy Shankland for supporting Rangers and being linked with the club is just weird. Maybe too much money now right enough but we should have picked up for next to nothing

I know DA done it but it was a long time ago 11 classy (mostly foreigners) aint winning this league, ifs hes staying for another 2 years, hopefully more, Gerrard needs players that are going to fight for him in every game.
Being a Rangers supporter shouldn’t be discouraged provided there is a level of ability.
Give me two players of equal ability but one a Rangers fan , it’s a no brainier.
we need more fight and passion in the team as you have alluded to.

I'd sign him in a heartbeat
28432617_1434316770030572_1038580464345939968_n.jpg

There is no way we are paying the required fee for a Utility man like McNair.

He is a real Rangers man. But he doesn't make it into our strongest 11. At a low fee, he would be a great squad player but you are taking £4m -£5m. That type of fee has to go straight into our 11. McNair would not.

He is a real Rangers man. But he doesn't make it into our strongest 11. At a low fee, he would be a great squad player but you are taking £4m -£5m. That type of fee has to go straight into our 11. McNair would not.
Contract up in 2024 and been frustrated at his lack of game time at Boro. Strangers things have happened, I’d welcome him but agree if it was anything like the figures you’ve referenced then there might be better value out there.

could he play at centre half ?
I would definitely be interested if we could get him for a low fee always rated him

Why I wonder if it might be a loan rather than a fee. If he's not getting game time atm. Only problem with that is boro prob need the sale next summer unless he signs a 1 year extension unless of course they arnt bothered about him leaving for nothing and just want him of their wage bill

Why I wonder if it might be a loan rather than a fee. If he's not getting game time atm. Only problem with that is boro prob need the sale next summer unless he signs a 1 year extension
I could see him refuse any move to get to us. He is Rangers daft, of that there is no doubt.

Are Boro going to send him on loan and then lose him for free? They will be insisting on a Transfer

We won't be paying the kind of ££ that Middlesbrough would be looking for on another midfielder imo, another forward (hopefully Danilo) and a centre half will be where the money will go.

We won't be paying the kind of ££ that Middlesbrough would be looking for on another midfielder imo, another forward (hopefully Danilo) and a centre half will be where the money will go.
He does play as a CB more for Northern Ireland.

Can play at RB or CB in a back 4 and RCB in a back 3

Certainly wouldn’t be splashing out a hefty fee on him. If it’s even true.

Doubt Boro would be too hard to deal with if it’s a club outwith the championship anyway.

Contract up in 2024 and been frustrated at his lack of game time at Boro. Strangers things have happened, I’d welcome him but agree if it was anything like the figures you’ve referenced then there might be better value out there.

He started most games from the turn of the year during a very successful period for the club so game time has not been an issue.

He does play as a CB more for Northern Ireland.

Can play at RB or CB in a back 4 and RCB in a back 3
Sounds like he could cover a number of positions without nailing down a starter in any of them so I could see why he might be of interest to Beale.

Saw some negative comments about his injuries - we’ve potentially got Souttar, Roofe & Jack ready to break down at any minute & that’s plenty.

It was reported that clubs in the Championship are interested in Kamara. Maybe Middlesbrough have offered a swap?

Just a guess. Not ITK.

It was reported that clubs in the Championship are interested in Kamara. Maybe Middlesbrough have offered a swap?

Just a guess. Not ITK.
Yeah, that's not happening.

Kamara may have been a bit shit for us recently but he ain't rocking up at fukin Middlesbrough.

Reactions: VGM
He played 32 games for Boro in the league last season and was an ever present in the team when Carrick came in.

Played 42 league games the season before that, 46 before that and 41 before that - not sure where the 'he's always injured' chat has come from.

He does play right centre back for Boro mind which isn't a position we need filled. He's obviously versatile though. I'd definitely take him but not for 4-5m. If we could get him for half of that or on a pre-contract in January that would be better.

Have to say, I was surprised to see that he was only 28. Feels like he's been around forever.

I get the idea about conserving out budget for the areas that need filled (e.g. CB) but:

Is it possible that THIS is the first team centreback to compete with Goldson and Soutter? With King/Mayo/Panzo(?) As back-up?

6"2, and whilst he has the ability to play defensive midfield or right back, I've always thought of him as a centreback in my head.

Not seen him play much over the years, but happy to trust Beale on this one.

I'm sure there's a guy on here who's a Boro fan and is intk with there business who could probably tell us if it's shite or not

5/6 year ago maybe, now, there are better options.

Did he not play CB under Carrick last season - Tom Smith played RB?

Don't really see him as a regular in the Rangers team at CB or in midfield tbh.

Back