Match Thread ** Partick Thistle v Rangers - Betfred Cup QF - BT Sports **

Thought the young lad changed the full mentality of the defence when he came on. Sammon was getting far too much joy in the air and too much space. Lucky if he won 10% of the balls he contested against McCrorie.
The time he dispossessed Sammon leading to the third goal was excellent

Extra time aside which we controlled that was poor, yes some bright monuments, Mccrorie being the highlight for me. Alnwick another.

Alves performance very worrying going into Saturday.

The team is severely lacking something and sadly it'll show on Saturday, I'd be amazed if we take anything but I suppose I can live in hope.

The players are good enough, it's the instructions and style of play the mangers wants to play. Something isn't getting through, something isn't right and the whole team is effected, at times it's like 11 Individual players on the pitch and not a team.

Surely you're not trying to defend Windass? He was completely anonymous in the second half and only got a mention first half because of his horrendous miss
I'm defending no one.
In a perfect world Windass would score 3 to 4 goals a game.

How many players can even get themselves into that position.....to miss

Even the very best miss.

We looked out on our feet for the second game in a row which is a major concern when he have a small squad.

Out on our feet? Did you not notice Dorrans and Tav going box to box in the 120 th minute. We lost a shitty goal because we're not a great team. Likewise we conceded a few chances. These things happen away from home in a cup tie.

Small squad. We discovered tonight we have good back up at keeper, centre back and left back.

Is your glass always so half empty?

I know people usually say this as an exaggeration but I genuinely thought Windass had gone off.

Totally anonymous.

I've been slating Windass all night and I hate myself for picking on any player the way I have with him tonight but, you're right here.
I seriously thought the same.
Almost like Toral in last seasons game with the sheep, if he wasn't so bad he wouldn't have been noticed.

what was the score?
The score wasn't 3-1 when he posted that comment, The goal was coming as Thistle were pressing and we were defending far to deep and i'm pretty sure there was loads of others fearing the worst after they scored, We looked dead on our feet.

Like most games we have seen under Pedro, wee bits and pieces of encouragement to be found, but hidden amongst areas of concern, and frustration at these same concerns repeating themselves game after game.

Spot on but to be fair to the manager, we lack class in the final third which would kill teams off.

We create quite a lot of half chances which a better quality of player would convert.

We require 20 attempts (give or take) to score, Celtic require far fewer.

This is reflected in both club's squad costs and transfer budgets.

2 draws technically in the space of 4 days with thistle. That is concerning no matter how it's dressed up.

If you are competing in a match that has an outright result at the end of it, it is not a technicality it is a win and not a defeat.

You don't through to the next round of a knockout competition with a draw.

True story, I work with Jak Alnwicks cousin. I'm not in the know or anything though, they aren't close.

McCrorie was a highlight but we are still hard to watch.

We won 3-1. You want to call it “technically a draw”

That is concerning no matter how it’s dressed up

Nothing to worry about, in 180 minutes of football we couldnt put a poor thistle side to bed. A team that hasn't won this season, But we done it in 195 mins, everything is cool

Cardosa played better beside mcrorie than Alves is it possibly he is a bit overawed playing with the big man
Or that Alvea isnt the player we really hoped he is.

Reminds me very much of Amouroso and from a defensive point of view that aint always a good thing

We won 3-1. You want to call it “technically a draw”

That is concerning no matter how it’s dressed up

If you are competing in a match that has an outright result at the end of it, it is not a technicality it is a win and not a defeat.

You don't through to the next round of a knockout competition with a draw.

As I said guys, you can spin it anyway you like. But you know & I know that we haven't been able to put thistle to bed over 180minutes of football, which isn't good enough in my opinion. We've done well to get through, eventually but it should never require ET.

Nothing to worry about, in 180 minutes of football we couldnt put a poor thistle side to bed. A team that hasn't won this season, But we done it in 195 mins, everything is cool

It was two games both played away from home against players tackling like mad men. That's a hard enough task for good players never mind what we have at the moment.

I'm taking the positives out of it and it's a wee confidence booster for Saturday.

McCrorie was great Windass will be a passenger on Sat our back four looked better when young Ross came on.

Extra time aside which we controlled that was poor, yes some bright monuments, Mccrorie being the highlight for me. Alnwick another.

Alves performance very worrying going into Saturday.

The team is severely lacking something and sadly it'll show on Saturday, I'd be amazed if we take anything but I suppose I can live in hope.

The players are good enough, it's the instructions and style of play the mangers wants to play. Something isn't getting through, something isn't right and the whole team is effected, at times it's like 11 Individual players on the pitch and not a team.
Pretty much as I saw it. At times a disorganised mess. Individuals and not a team. But we won and I suppose I should be grateful. Though at some point this season it is going to go badly wrong if things don't change.

Just re-read the match thread again.

A microcosm of the Bear Pit in general (except mood-sings are minute by minute on this rather than game-by-game). Entertaining :)

Back