Pathetic Quality From Castore

had 8 or 9 items from Castore and have no issues .........
Same here. Always going to be 2/3/4000 issues when your punting 500,000 units of stock.

Found no issues with my items and it’s probably one of the easiest websites to order from, delivery absolutely no problems at all either.

I’m not their biggest fan but I’ll go on the products I’ve got to hand.

away top, still in good nick. Inner badges at the neck starting to fade/go, Energy check logo starting to feel a bit pinched and reckon that could go bang at any minute

orange training shirt, great nick on outside, inner badges at the neck fading

retro top. No issues, wore it once then never again (bad luck)

black and gold training top, no issues. Badge being embroidered in a clearly better way than most of their gear.
black and gold joggers - burst stitching at the calf after 5 or 6 wears. I’m not a fat lady's front bottom and have chicken legs at the best of times so rules that out.

Mixed bag

had 8 or 9 items from Castore and have no issues .........

nah scrap that i received an email 5 minutes ago , i had ordered the blue polo shirt from the " summer training range " and they sent an email saying its over-subscribed and have refunded the money so nope they are f**king hopeless

Slightly OT(not clothing related), has anyone received their "official party pack" yet? £25.

I pre-ordered mine end of March but not heard a peep since. Had a confirmation email on day I bought it and that's it.
Nah nothing yet. Said it would be out for trophy day on the 15th, so not panicking...

Nah nothing yet. Said it would be out for trophy day on the 15th, so not panicking...

mine was dispatched yesterday . Had to get a tracking number for it since I’m living outside the UK

Can only presume UK deliveries will be dispatched early next week given it will take an extra few days for customs to process mine.

mine was dispatched yesterday . Had to get a tracking number for it since I’m living outside the UK

Can only presume UK deliveries will be dispatched early next week given it will take an extra few days for customs to process mine.
That's good to know, cheers.

Obviously someone on the admin is pro Castore as my post about frustrations of getting kits for my children's birthdays has been chopped. I live in London, I want my children to support Rangers. Not being able to buy their size since November is a huge disappointment. Amateur. They are 4-6, even Leyton Orient have kits I could buy at that age if I wanted to.

If it helps, I can pop over to the store or the one in the city centre today or on Saturday and check for a kit in his size. (can’t do tomorrow sorry)

Can post it next day delivery if they have it?

Let me know mate.

If it helps, I can pop over to the store or the one in the city centre today or on Saturday and check for a kit in his size. (can’t do tomorrow sorry)

Let me know mate.
Top gesture.
While you're there fancy raiding the vaults for an unblemished champions top in large? :D

Rangers due diligence on this has to be questioned.

Castore talk a good game. But, we took a year 3 start up, with low volume, niche sales and tasked them with supplying one of the largest teams in the UK.

Some basic checks and balances would have had alarm bells ringing.

Just not of the size and scale we need to produce the volumes required, or to the standard expected.

Bisgrove has this one to answer, imo.

Rangers due diligence on this has to be questioned.

Castore talk a good game. But, we took a year 3 start up, with low volume, niche sales and tasked them with supplying one of the largest teams in the UK.

Some basic checks and balances would have had alarm bells ringing.

Just not of the size and scale we need to produce the volumes required, or to the standard expected.

Bisgrove has this one to answer, imo.

You are missing the fairly large elephant in the room, that being that the larger brands are unwilling to work with us due to the spectre of SD.

Im sure if Nike or Adidas offered remotely close to what Castore did they would've got the gig.

I'm letting this season go. They can't state it was teething issues when the champions tops are being butchered instead of embroidered.

But as of next season I really hope the club are on the ball with dealing with Castore and the issues that arise (if any)

There surely has to be conditions in the deal about the quality assurance etc.

I’ve had the black top for 3 months and the logos and sponsors are gone. Thankfully the rangers badge is embroidered on it. Hopefully next season tops are a better quality.

I’ve had the black top for 3 months and the logos and sponsors are gone. Thankfully the rangers badge is embroidered on it. Hopefully next season tops are a better quality.
Thats what I've experienced as well, in general it looks 4 years old as well now, the material hasn't held up well at all. Such a shame as it is actually one of my favourite Rangers shirts in a long long time

You are missing the fairly large elephant in the room, that being that the larger brands are unwilling to work with us due to the spectre of SD.

Im sure if Nike or Adidas offered remotely close to what Castore did they would've got the gig.

So, not willing or didn’t pay the fee Castore did?

So, not willing or didn’t pay the fee Castore did?
I think that the way the Castore deal was structured was done to rule SD out of matching it. I have no issues over being with Castore over one of the big brands, if the quality comes up to what we would expect then I'm more than happy with them as our partner.

It got us away from SD which in the long term is all that matters

Castore are the Caixinha of kit manufacturers.

Talk a good game.
For me the worst part is, if they hadn't screwed up on quality time and again creating a large amount of apathy from our fan base this could have been an absolutely brilliant deal for both parties. We are buying in huge numbers, but this will 100% have been curtailed by the turkey/china issue, then the various quality issues as well as general availability issues as well. Can you imagine what we would've spent without these issues?

I think that the way the Castore deal was structured was done to rule SD out of matching it. I have no issues over being with Castore over one of the big brands, if the quality comes up to what we would expect then I'm more than happy with them as our partner.

It got us away from SD which in the long term is all that matters

How long you giving them to improve?

The price Castore paid cannot be the only factor. Rangers are acting on behalf of the club, including the supporters when they enter that negotiation.

It is fairly unique.

I understand the SD position. It is great we have rid ourselves (partially) of that.

But, when does that pivot to actually producing a product of quality? At present, they are openly ripping the (unt out of the sales, for something that’s crap.

Will people be ok in year 3, if it’s still amateur hour on the premise that they helped rid us of Ashley?

Who else bid? Who was second? What was the variance between the bids? Cost wasn’t the only determining factor.

(p.s. I have bought a lot of their stuff. Some good, some bad).

Let me know mate.
Superb mate, another poster doing same for me next week as due to arthritis i can't get to the shop.

Rangers family shows it class once more.

For me the worst part is, if they hadn't screwed up on quality time and again creating a large amount of apathy from our fan base this could have been an absolutely brilliant deal for both parties. We are buying in huge numbers, but this will 100% have been curtailed by the turkey/china issue, then the various quality issues as well as general availability issues as well. Can you imagine what we would've spent without these issues?
I hoovered up the Hummell gear. Trackies, training gear, home top. Stuff for the kids. You can tell just buy holding the two tops together that the Hummell gear is superior quality.

On a side note I bought a plain black Castore trackie and paid a premium amount. Again, the quality is questionable.

Again, I'll ask, what has the SLO said/done on behalf of disgruntled fans?
What has any fan group said/done?
What have the Rangers marketing people said/done?
What have Castore themselves said/done?

This is embarrassing.

Let me know mate.
That's amazing mate, thank you so much.

The only item I have left with no issue is my home top, the rest are wrecked - including my Garcia jumper.

Teething problems and quality issues due to demand this season I will definitely accept.

Hooefully they up the quality next season.

What’s the “key influencers” or fans media take on this?

They are close to the club and undoubtedly have greater access to people/info and had interviews with the club and Castore previously.

Would be interesting to hear them comment on Castores season 1 performance. Although I appreciate that they might not want shoot themselves in the foot with any negative press coverage of the club and/or club partner.

I bought one of fakes to compare when we were with Hummell. Worn it loads for 5s and general knocking about the house.

Whilst not being as good as the real things the sponsors have held up better than the Castore kits. Ridiculous that a £15 fake is better quality than the kits Castore are charging £60 for

Bought three tops this year and all are looking ropey now. Bought in the first batch of home tops and two of the training tops.
I'll hold off buying next year until others have reviewed the quality...

Question - has anyone had bad experiences with non Rangers Castore gear ?
What’s the “key influencers” or fans media take on this?

They are close to the club and undoubtedly have greater access to people/info and had interviews with the club and Castore previously.

Would be interesting to hear them comment on Castores season 1 performance. Although I appreciate that they might not want shoot themselves in the foot with any negative press coverage of the club and/or club partner.
H&H have mentioned on a number of occasions that the issues have, for the most part, been unacceptable to be fair to them.

4 lads was very vocal too.

The embroidery problem in the kits are because the material shouldn't really be embroidered. People think embroidery got ditched for transfers because of chaffing but a big part was shirts getting thinner and not able to take the embroidery.

When they are put through the machines there's a hoop that goes over the area to embroider which pulls the shirt tight. With a thin material if you don't get it spot on then it's going to get distorted because it moves slightly with the needle pressure. That's done by hand and when it's a factory in Turkey or China they are just doing it once. I used to do it and sometimes it would take a few tries before getting it right, over/under-stretch just one part of the circle and it will bend the writing. There's no way they are doing it more than once, even the player kits embroidery is shoddy.

The bunching up and missing parts are because the thread got jammed, which will happen a lot with thin material, the embroiderer knows about that because they have to unjam it. Then they should take all of them out and take 5-10 mins per shirt to unpick the thread then reset it perfectly, or bin it if its as bad as some of these. It's probably a 15 minute stop for one shirt but its likely to be a few, so they aren't doing it and just reseting the machine to restart then mixing in the shit batch at the bottom of good batches to avoid quality control. I just got the boss moaning if I had a pile of ruined stock, these workers probably get it docked from their pay along with missing quotas trying to fix it so the incentive is to just hide it.

I said it earlier in the thread if someone had asked for embroidery on those shirts then they would be advised to use a transfer. Castore probably wanted a transfer but the support wanted embroidery. The problem is made worse by our badge, the club crest type are ok because it's a solid circle but our badge, Castore's, and the small writing are nightmares to embroider on thin material because of the detail and close gaps.

Theres also a common problem in their embroidery where they use too much thread, they do it in the interior stitching too and it makes the shoulder stitching ridiculously thick. I think they get charged on thread count and some factory is taking them for a ride along with viewing them as a lesser brand not worth spending too much time on quality control.

Everything I have bought from Castore has been perfect and still is.

Should I stop buying their stuff as well then?
Have you checked the embroidery to the level of our expert on here or are you not troubled by such things?

Wait until you've actually worn them!
lol, i bought castore gear just to see the sizing before shirt launch , so after 2 castore items and 6/7 gers related stuff over the last 10/11 months i'm fine ........

ps , could be my wife puts all my football stuff in at once worn or on their own inside out etc

As I posted earlier, Auchenhowie will have thousands of bits of kit/clothing coming through. The notion that feedback isn't being supplied is beyond credulity. I've no doubt at all that it will be.
You’re probably correct, but it’s much more fun for some to consider the club a shambles and Castore as robbing conmen.

Home top - just poor quality in general (a fraction of the quality of the 2nd/3rd tops)

2nd / 3rd tops - quality decent enough although writing on inside pealed off soon after purchase. Not ideal but not a show stopper imo

retro kit - fantastic

orange training tshirt - as per 2nd / 3rd tops

Navy tracksuit - looks good in photos but certainly not built to last. Dire effort as a sports tracksuit.

All in all I’ve had a mixed bag of quality from Castore.

I’ve recently bought the EOS training range - again looks amazing in photos. Fingers crossed it meets my expectations when it arrives. A few poor reports in the last few pages of this thread though.

How is it not true? Fans are paying top dollar for inferior products. If that isn't the very definition of being ripped off, then what is Batman?

If you don't like hearing it or reading it, block me! Simples

They're not being ripped off. If you're not happy you can return for a full refund.

You’re probably correct, but it’s much more fun for some to consider the club a shambles and Castore as robbing conmen.
I spoke with someone from the club/first team who said the Castore gear is a shambles and the amount of items the players are getting replaced is crazy. Items only lasting a few games etc.

That’s all I’m really saying on that for obvious reasons but let’s not have a narrative that everything is fine and the playing staff gear is perfect. You only need to look at some of the training videos also to see the state of the training gear.

Home top - just poor quality in general (a fraction of the quality of the 2nd/3rd tops)

2nd / 3rd tops - quality decent enough although writing on inside pealed off soon after purchase. Not ideal but not a show stopper imo

retro kit - fantastic

orange training tshirt - as per 2nd / 3rd tops

Navy tracksuit - looks good in photos but certainly not built to last. Dire effort as a sports tracksuit.

All in all I’ve had a mixed bag of quality from Castore.

I’ve recently bought the EOS training range - again looks amazing in photos. Fingers crossed it meets my expectations when it arrives. A few poor reports in the last few pages of this thread though.

with all due respect mate you call that a mixed bag

a realist calls that what it is, and that’s substandard. NOTHING should be peeling off soon after purchase, inside or out

Back