Pathetic Quality From Castore

I’m still waiting on my champions top but as they are ltd edition I take it any problems and it’s only a return and refund not replace?

As for the rest of the thread I have the away and 3rd kits which are fine but the orange training top has peeled and came away.

I really hope they get their act together for next season.

The only item I have left with no issue is my home top, the rest are wrecked - including my Garcia jumper.

Teething problems and quality issues due to demand this season I will definitely accept.

Hooefully they up the quality next season.
There is literally no excuse for the hoodies.ive already said I've got 2 under armour ones of these, several years old and both are pristine, literally like new. Also half the cost

How long you giving them to improve?

The price Castore paid cannot be the only factor. Rangers are acting on behalf of the club, including the supporters when they enter that negotiation.

It is fairly unique.

I understand the SD position. It is great we have rid ourselves (partially) of that.

But, when does that pivot to actually producing a product of quality? At present, they are openly ripping the (unt out of the sales, for something that’s crap.

Will people be ok in year 3, if it’s still amateur hour on the premise that they helped rid us of Ashley?

Who else bid? Who was second? What was the variance between the bids? Cost wasn’t the only determining factor.

(p.s. I have bought a lot of their stuff. Some good, some bad).
This season coming is their final chance with me. They’ve had the good grace and the excuse of a pandemic and short lead times.

Thats what I've experienced as well, in general it looks 4 years old as well now, the material hasn't held up well at all. Such a shame as it is actually one of my favourite Rangers shirts in a long long time
Same happened to me. The 32 Red is hanging on by a thread, everything else has gone. Gutted as my old man posted it over to Canada for me.
After a bit of back and forth with Castore they agreed on a 30% discount off my next order. Would much rather have received a replacement top but they weren't willing to cover the shipping from Canada, which I guess is understandable considering it was a UK order.
Would be interested to find out if the issues are just with Rangers kit/gear or if this is an issue with the full Castore range.

I think a big part of the problem has been the club shop being closed resulting in online sales only. I personally choose to buy after I've been in store and checked the goods, this also applies to non Rangers stuff. Not being at Ibrox this season has left a lot of us with no choice but to order online without been able to inspect the kit..I appreciate this doesn't resolve the issue of washing and the problems associated with it, but I think a lot of folk wouldn't have bought some of the kit had they had the chance to view it in store.

I spoke with someone from the club/first team who said the Castore gear is a shambles and the amount of items the players are getting replaced is crazy. Items only lasting a few games etc.

That’s all I’m really saying on that for obvious reasons but let’s not have a narrative that everything is fine and the playing staff gear is perfect. You only need to look at some of the training videos also to see the state of the training gear.

I can back @Empire up on this. His info is very good – and doesn't shed Castore in a good light whatsoever.
The quality problem is most definitely not unique to the stuff for fans.

Nothing worse than the "I'm alright Jack" types in life. If you're lucky enough that all your gear is in good nick, then great, but don't undermine the sizeable group of less fortunate ones looking to voice their concern, and maybe help improve things.
Simmer down. People are being asked what their experience of Castore quality is. If it's good do you want them to lie just because other people have had a different experience?

I have no doubt lot of people have bought really shoddy kit, it's quite obvious reading the comments but I've bought the retro top, a cap and the Garcia hood and they have all been and still are excellent and in perfect nick.

Voice your concerns but don't expect people to lie if they haven't had the same experience

Simmer down. People are being asked what their experience of Castore quality is. If it's good do you want them to lie just because other people have had a different experience?

I have no doubt lot of people have bought really shoddy kit, it's quite obvious reading the comments but I've bought the retro top, a cap and the Garcia hood and they have all been and still are excellent and in perfect nick.

Voice your concerns but don't expect people to lie if they haven't had the same experience
I'm perfectly calm thanks.

I'm not referring to those who've commented simply that they haven't had any issues. Maybe I should have clarified that in my post. I'm clearly not expecting people to lie about their experience. I said myself earlier in the thread that my original home shirt was ok.

I'm talking about a couple on this thread who've repeatedly taken umbrage with those who are upset and angry with the the sub standard items they've spent their money on. Their attitude seems to be that because all their stuff is good, that we're all talking sh**e and exaggerating.

They'd defend Castore despite the overwhelming evidence that there are serious issues with quality. What does that achieve ?

Would be interested to find out if the issues are just with Rangers kit/gear or if this is an issue with the full Castore range.
Havent bought anything non-Rangers, but presume that their own stuff will all be made in Portugal, and will be far smaller batches, so easier to keep quality control tighter.

I won't name him but my young nephew is not too far away from the first team squad..(hopefully)..The general consensus amongst the players is that the Castore gear is horrific.
I can only add my experience and say I would never buy anything of theirs again.
If anyone from the club looks in here please listen to the players and get rid of this mob asap

Anyone else having trouble getting emails to concierge@ castore or rangershop address today? Collar on 55 champs shirt so crooked I wanted to complain.

I won't name him but my young nephew is not too far away from the first team squad..(hopefully)..The general consensus amongst the players is that the Castore gear is horrific.
I can only add my experience and say I would never buy anything of theirs again.
If anyone from the club looks in here please listen to the players and get rid of this mob asap
But some guys on here have been fine with things. So every clowd...

I ordered a boys home strip on 1st April, got this message today, what are they playing at?!

Many thanks for your email.

We are awfully sorry, but we can confirm that your order has been cancelled and refunded due to insufficient stock levels. A system error caused too many orders being accepted.

Your refund will clear back to you within 7 working days.

We cannot apologise enough for the inconvenience caused by this.

Please accept our sincere apologies.
That is an absolute shambles, wtf are this mob playing at? Their stock control seems to be as bad as quality control

I ordered a boys home strip on 1st April, got this message today, what are they playing at?!

We are awfully sorry, but we can confirm that your order has been cancelled and refunded due to insufficient stock levels. A system error caused too many orders being accepted.

What size you looking for? I had a good look in the store today at the kids sizes for someone in this thread. I know what’s there. All reduced to £12.

He should probably tell Ross Wilson then as he was saying the opposite of that in the webinar?

Obviously he wouldn't slate Castore on that platform but he went out his was to say how the staff were impressed by the gear.

Absolute chancers. Sooner we cut ties with them the better

What email address are you sending to? On their order confirmations they have it as concierge@rangerstore.co.uk but it's actually concierge@rangersstore.co.uk

They don't know their own email address (or maybe it's intentional so that you can't email them).
Thanks wrong address I think, hopefully someone reads I let rip!
UPDATE: contacted me and asked for full size pics of shirt front and back and closeup of the collar attached by a blind man apparently :cool:

Last edited:
I've the home and 3rd kit quality's good not great but that's probably the same with all things. The bad news my wife shouted that she owned me a new one as she'd put the 3rd kit in the tumble dryer and between both that was the one I preferred.

Adult home, away and third kits down to £33.75, for anyone interested.

Most sizes available.

Does anyone know if the shops at Ibrox or Buchanan Galleries will exchange a shirt bought online for a bigger size? Bought one for my daughter in her height range going by online size guide but it doesn't fit her.

Get them to Fck

Home top - just poor quality in general (a fraction of the quality of the 2nd/3rd tops)

2nd / 3rd tops - quality decent enough although writing on inside pealed off soon after purchase. Not ideal but not a show stopper imo

retro kit - fantastic

orange training tshirt - as per 2nd / 3rd tops

Navy tracksuit - looks good in photos but certainly not built to last. Dire effort as a sports tracksuit.

All in all I’ve had a mixed bag of quality from Castore.

I’ve recently bought the EOS training range - again looks amazing in photos. Fingers crossed it meets my expectations when it arrives. A few poor reports in the last few pages of this thread though.

Follow-up to my above post.

My EOS top and shorts arrived.

My first impression is it’s fantastic. The embroidery on the crest and castore logo is fantastic. As is the champions text. Really can’t fault these particular items that I’ve received in this regard!

The material is quiet “rough” in comparison to the other kits (the retro kit being my favourite) so it’s not the same lightweight feeling and comfort. Still a very good quality piece kit imo.

The last few pages of this thread alone though proves that there’s significant inconsistencies with Castrore’s quality with the EOS stuff. I guess I just got lucky.

As someone who has been critical in the past, only fair to share a positive Castore experience.

Energy check logo peeling off away strip. Emailed Castore on Saturday with photos of it and original order number. Was sent a link on Tuesday to return via Hermes and to reclaim the cost of returning it. Further email from Castore yesterday to confirm the cost of the strip has been refunded to my card.

It doesn’t make the quality issues any more acceptable, however, at least they have responded in a positive way.

Last edited:
Follow-up to my above post.

My EOS top and shorts arrived.

My first impression is it’s fantastic. The embroidery on the crest and castore logo is fantastic. As is the champions text. Really can’t fault these particular items that I’ve received in this regard!

The material is quiet “rough” in comparison to the other kits (the retro kit being my favourite) so it’s not the same lightweight feeling and comfort. Still a very good quality piece kit imo.

The last few pages of this thread alone though proves that there’s significant inconsistencies with Castrore’s quality with the EOS stuff. I guess I just got lucky.

that might change once you stick it in the washing machine

Is pro the one the team wears?
I was surprised there wasn’t mention of, during the old firm game a Celtic player pulling back, Kent I think, and the top ripped away.
either it was designed that way, or the Celtic player needed his nails cut. :))
I think so mate, I just ordered as soon as I saw the price ha.

Is pro the one the team wears?
I was surprised there wasn’t mention of, during the old firm game a Celtic player pulling back, Kent I think, and the top ripped away.
either it was designed that way, or the Celtic player needed his nails cut. :))
It was incredible the way his shirt ripped...I've never seen a shirt rip like that since someone made Dr David Banner angry , making him turn into The Incredible Hulk.

Slightly off topic but is anyone else still waiting on first batch champions shirts?

I ordered two literally minutes apart when they were announced and got the first one about two weeks ago now. I’ve emailed about the poor quality and been refunded on this one and also asked to cancel the other one but was told it was out for delivery with Royal Mail so would need returned.

That was on the 27th April and still no sign of it.

Slightly off topic but is anyone else still waiting on first batch champions shirts?

I ordered two literally minutes apart when they were announced and got the first one about two weeks ago now. I’ve emailed about the poor quality and been refunded on this one and also asked to cancel the other one but was told it was out for delivery with Royal Mail so would need returned.

That was on the 27th April and still no sign of it.
Same as you I ordered 2 within minutes of them going on pre order...as of today I've received nothing

Gutted today as my champions strips for me and my lad have now been returned to Castore .... even after I paid the 98 Euros taxes and import fees.

Complete mess up by DHL and Castore and now I am 98 Euros out of pocket as I will have to go through a long process with Dutch customs to reclaim my money for a strip I never received.

Castore of course just refunded me for the costs of the strips but not the import and duty fees - despite them confirming in email if I pay them they will refund the money to me as they incorrectly labelled the original shipment.

Betterneverstops??? what a joke... this just adds to my misery when dealing with these bunch of amateurs.

Gutted today as my champions strips for me and my lad have now been returned to Castore .... even after I paid the 98 Euros taxes and import fees.

Complete mess up by DHL and Castore and now I am 98 Euros out of pocket as I will have to go through a long process with Dutch customs to reclaim my money for a strip I never received.

Castore of course just refunded me for the costs of the strips but not the import and duty fees - despite them confirming in email if I pay them they will refund the money to me as they incorrectly labelled the original shipment.

Betterneverstops??? what a joke... this just adds to my misery when dealing with these bunch of amateurs.
In all honesty, you need to make the club aware of this & ask them to take up on your behalf.

In all honesty, you need to make the club aware of this & ask them to take up on your behalf.
Any suggestions on who to contact would be appreciated.

This is 4th time Castore has let me down -and to be honest I’m at point of never spending another penny with them again...... from bad quality to missing items to customs and duties hassles ... it’s not worth and it’s not acceptable.

Any suggestions on who to contact would be appreciated.

This is 4th time Castore has let me down -and to be honest I’m at point of never spending another penny with them again...... from bad quality to missing items to customs and duties hassles ... it’s not worth and it’s not acceptable.
I'd trying contacting the SLO in the first instance.

slo@rangers.co.uk, maybe worth copying in commercial@rangers.co.uk

What a dreadful way to treat a fantastic support who have been through so much.castore are a joke and will be making themselves millionaires on the back of a dreadful product.rangers should boot their baws.

3 tops arrived today.

Away top xl - no problems

Pro home top - stitching at collar is shocking, white stitching on blue at one side. Holes in the collar, actual holes at both ends.

Pro Away top - no problems.

Back