Patterson, Doig, Turnbull and Ferguson for YPOTY

How can a shit Turnbull from a shit Celtic win it?
I know he will but there are better young success stories out there.
If he wins it it will inflate his ego and assist with promoting their over confidence. Doig should win it. If not him then Ferguson. They are holding a regular first team place and doing really well.

Lewis Ferguson has been pretty pish all year,
Patterson hasn’t played enough,
Turnbull can’t last a full 90 minutes and is generally not very good,
Doig should get it out of those 4.

Last edited:
Doig based upon games played etc. He's going to be a very good player
I wouldn’t mind us having a look at him tbh. If we sell Borna for good money after the Euros, then we could replace for small money with up and coming young Scottish player. Keep Bassey as back up to Doig.

Just out of curiosity = does anyone think Rangers should sign Doig as possible replacement should Borna be sold?
I would like to sign him but think hibs will be wanting 3mil at least, don't know if we would go that far for him as a prospect. I don't think he could immediately replace Borna, so we would probably need to spend on a first choice also.

I would like to sign him but think hibs will be wanting 3mil at least, don't know if we would go that far for him as a prospect. I don't think he could immediately replace Borna, so we would probably need to spend on a first choice also.
Or perhaps Hibs could be offered a lesser transfer fee with some of the prospects from the Rangers youth system thrown in as a makeweight.

Doig is the only one that should get this award. Patterson less than 10 games and this kid wonder for the tims couldn't get in the team till December. Ferguson has done nothing this season for Aberdeen who where worse than normal.

Doig is the only one that should get this award. Patterson less than 10 games and this kid wonder for the tims couldn't get in the team till December. Ferguson has done nothing this season for Aberdeen who where worse than normal.
Patterson is the only one whos performed in big games consistently, in fact I dont think hes had anything less than a good game in all his appearances. Not only playing well but doing it game on game when the pressure is on. Maybe not enough games but thats not his fault after they banned him!

Doig has been impressively consistent, albeit hasnt impacted big games as such.

Ferguson is your token nominee to make up numbers.

Celtic obvs have to be nominated as the Best Team In The Country so heres Turnbull. Totally anonymous in Europe and vs Rangers in every match. What a season hes had!

Doig is the only deserving winner of this award IMO. Patterson would win a “player with the most potential“ award by a mile, or even “best handful of performances by a young player”. But young player of the year implies a season long contribution and Doig has contributed more over the course of the season than the other three.

Doig is the only deserving winner of this award IMO. Patterson would win a “player with the most potential“ award by a mile, or even “best handful of performances by a young player”. But young player of the year implies a season long contribution and Doig has contributed more over the course of the season than the other three.
A sensible post.

I hope Doig will get it and our board short list him for the summer. If Borna leaves I’d love him at Ibrox.

Yeah as previously covered Doig would be a deserved winner for the game time he’s had

what’s more encouraging is how well Nathan Paterson handled him recently with his ability and physically unmatched

Josh Doig has to win it. If we’re not in the market for the left back in the summer, I hope he gets a good move down south.

Josh Doig should be winning that in my opinion. Patterson as excellent as he's been has only played 7/8 league games.

And the other two don't deserve it in my opinion.

Player of the Year nominees should all be Rangers players, hard part is picking 4 as we have a number of contenders.
My thoughts entirely

Back