Patterson lad, you are forgiven

The lack of punishment from the club suggests it was those 5 meeting up and they thought it was ok.

Realistically it should be as they're part of the same bubbles.

Happy for Patterson and Zungu getting back on the pitch

I would say the lack of punishment from the club is because the last time they came down hard on players the SFA, or whoever, then decided to hand out 7 game bans.
I think the club said feck it this time as no one else was getting punished for it
I also think the inaction from the league on it is because they'd have to do something to celtuc, and that's a no no.

Forgiven but not forgotten. If he knuckles down and focuses on his game then he could be a Rangers great. One more slip up and he'll have a reputation that will be hard to come back from.

I was delighted for him when he got his goal, right enough. Could see he bleeds blue.

Couldn’t write it. Get the feeling the only way to get forgiveness was to get the head down and put in the performances.

Delighted for him.

Even beyond the tidy finish, he looked comfortable throughout the half.

On one hand it’s a great goal and performance

on the other he was a complete idiot and risked the season again

im torn
Torn about what? Whether you're going to forgive him :D

Have to say he was great tonight and I'm happy to say so as I wanted his head on a platter. Hopefully he will learn from his stupidity because if he remains professional off the pitch we have a player on our hands.
Sometimes humble pie tastes good.:)

Very fortunate to play but we all make mistakes and it's how you respond to them and put things right that shows your character.

He's a lucky lad but that's the way to win us back he'll still get a domestic ban no doubt

Was off the couch same reaction as when Roofe scored from the halfway line.

Readily admit I wanted them all transfer listed. But the apology and sense of understanding of the mistake he made shone through.

Really hope the club fight any sanctions from the SPL.

We need to start backing our team no matter what. Enough negativity from those against us.

Hope he realises he is a very lucky boy to be given a second chance and grabs it tightly and becomes a great Rangers player

The lack of punishment from the club suggests it was those 5 meeting up and they thought it was ok.

Realistically it should be as they're part of the same bubbles.

Happy for Patterson and Zungu getting back on the pitch
Think that's what people may not understand or without knowing the full story will misunderstand it, JJ and GE were going to a flat party outwith our sports bubble. While they still broke the rules and should have known better, there is a difference in severity and stupidity if you ask me

You have to love the lad's level of shithousery there. Comes on whilst, no doubt, thousands of Tims across the country are bemoaning the fact he had a Covid breach, and slots that one in!

The boy's been daft. I trust Steven to take him aside tonight after the game and gently remind him what's at stake personally if he screws up again.

Loved the lad's reaction and the commentary on BT - commentator seemed genuinely thrilled by the goal.

Thinking that myself mate. Maybe an honest misunderstanding.
exactly this plus Zungu coming on. obviously all of them as thick as each other that night, but.. Clearly that's what it was..

Could end up being a good lesson for Patterson.. and hope it is!

Zungu scone I mentioned him.. not sure I've seen enough to not fancy a punt on someone else.. but in SG I trust.

I’ll sum up how good he was tonight.

At HT, folk in the match thread wanted to sign Lukaku. I’ll guarantee you not many want to sign him now. Patterson absolutely outplayed him until he got subbed.

Said on here a few times , the first time i saw him playing was for Scotland under 19s alongside Jamie Hamilton , he stuck out, infact they both stuck out in that game , if the lad keeps his nose clean from now on he will have a great career at Ibrox . Tonight we had to put faith in the managers judgment to put him on the bench then bring him on when he did and he started to repay the management and us as supporters with his performance , well done Nathan

I honestly thought he’d kicked his last ball in a Rangers shirt, and Bassey and Zungu. I don’t think any of us know the full circumstance of the breach. That’s the problem fans have with no choice but to look in from the outside.

Ability wise Patterson was outstanding in that 2nd half. He’s proved he can cut it. And how else do you make it up to supporters?! 16 seconds to redeem himself!! :))

In Stevie G, and this team we trust.

giphy.gif

Within the hour
This will be very interesting. For me you cannot be punished twice. Police have dealt with it. They have served isolation. I have a feeling that as it was individuals we can argue club should not be punished. Let’s be honest. They have left themselves open in terms of Dubaigate and Linesmangate!

Back