Philippe Clement Set To Be Announced As New Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperGers07

translation:

Philippe Clement emphatically in the picture at Glasgow Rangers, no agreement yet​

Philippe Clement (49) is emphatically in the picture to become the new coach of Glasgow Rangers. This week all parties sat around the table to make their vision and conditions known. Clement then got back on the plane, without an agreement for the time being.

The former champion maker of Club Brugge and RC Genk wants to make the right choice after his adventure at AS Monaco. While Glasgow Rangers is a big, sounding name in that regard, the Scottish league is not highly regarded. It's the same song every year: either Celtic or Rangers taking the national title. Frank Lampard (ex-Chelsea) and Pascal Janssen (AZ) are also on the shortlist of the club where Dessers (ex-Genk) and Raskin (ex-Standard) are now working.

Clement, in turn, enjoys interest in addition to the far-reaching interest of Glasgow Rangers. For example, his name is still on the wish list of Al-Shabab (Saudi Arabia), among others, but Clement already indicated a few months ago that the sporting and the family prevail for him. He then ignored offers from the desert. Likewise, after a year and a half, Clement announced Monaco that he did not want to return to the Belgian competition. Some clubs from the Jupiler Pro League still In vain. Curious which club will soon be able to convince him, because in the Middle- East they dare to be quite persistent.

translation:

Philippe Clement emphatically in the picture at Glasgow Rangers, no agreement yet​

Philippe Clement (49) is emphatically in the picture to become the new coach of Glasgow Rangers. This week all parties sat around the table to make their vision and conditions known. Clement then got back on the plane, without an agreement for the time being.

The former champion maker of Club Brugge and RC Genk wants to make the right choice after his adventure at AS Monaco. While Glasgow Rangers is a big, sounding name in that regard, the Scottish league is not highly regarded. It's the same song every year: either Celtic or Rangers taking the national title. Frank Lampard (ex-Chelsea) and Pascal Janssen (AZ) are also on the shortlist of the club where Dessers (ex-Genk) and Raskin (ex-Standard) are now working.

Clement, in turn, enjoys interest in addition to the far-reaching interest of Glasgow Rangers. For example, his name is still on the wish list of Al-Shabab (Saudi Arabia), among others, but Clement already indicated a few months ago that the sporting and the family prevail for him. He then ignored offers from the desert. Likewise, after a year and a half, Clement announced Monaco that he did not want to return to the Belgian competition. Some clubs from the Jupiler Pro League still In vain. Curious which club will soon be able to convince him, because in the Middle- East they dare to be quite persistent.
It's the same song every year it says about the Scottish League either Rangers or Septic
Just the same as just about every other league in Europe then

Looks like the strongest of all the candidates linked with us. Obviously a lot of moving parts if we want him, such as budgets, wages, state of the squad, footballing set up

A definite yes from

Bisgrove: So we'd love to appoint you but you must have Tavernier as captain.

Phillippe: i have my own ideas who should be captain
Bisgrove: Ermmm ok. *oh is that the time*

I say that in jest :)) Out of everybody now looking at his record i'd prefer it was him. Hopefully the big bucks in Saudi Arabia dont stop it.

While this is a positive direction , I will wait until he has signed and is here and has played at least 10 games until I make a judgement on him.

Too many times we make snap judgements on players, managers without even knowing who they were on seeing them play or manage .

This summer was a prime example of this. Only positive for me is at least it looks like he is interested and the board are looking at this level of candidate.

Should be between him, Jansen and Glasner IMO. No doubt we end up with Martindale
I'm expecting we will soon be interviewing Steve Agnew who is 'experienced and doing a fine job as assistant to Barry Robson at Aberdeen '. It's so cyriel depressing that I will believe anything disastrous is possible.

Clement or Glasner are the two outstanding candidates for me from the names I’ve heard. I’d be delighted with either. Won’t be gutted if it’s Muscat but I’d prefer one of the other two.

Sometimes I think people just say on here someone is brilliant without much knowledge about the person they are speaking about.

Can someone who does actually know a bit about him explain why he is the best candidate or if he is? I’m sure there’s some who actually do know but unlike others, I’m not going to pretend I know the guy is decent cause I don’t.

Detailed too if possible.

Formation
Style
Players he’s made better
How is character is
Can he work well with a tight budget
Does he cope with pressure

Thanks

Please be true. If we look at names like this and ultimately appoint someone with that sort of track record then the board can really give us something to be positive about and go some way to cleaning up the mess created by Ross Wilson and Michael Beale. He wouldn’t have been my first choice but I’d take Clement over Lampard or McInnes any day.

Sometimes I think people just say on here someone is brilliant without much knowledge about the person they are speaking about.

Can someone who does actually know a bit about him explain why he is the best candidate or if he is?

Detailed too if possible.

Formation
Style
Players he’s made better
How is character is etc.

Thanks
@venturablue

It's the same song every year it says about the Scottish League either Rangers or Septic
Just the same as just about every other league in Europe then

I've never understood why this is always brought up. Out-with Italy mostly every other league in Europe has only really a maximum of 2 (1 in Germany) teams that can realistically win their league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back