Physical Striker

Is Louis Moult getting a look in at Preston, he could do as another striker option?

I think he would be a good signing, as he knows the Scottish game, and likes to put himself about a bit.
And most importantly, he can score goals.
I think if we got him at the right price, he would be worth taking a chance with.omo.

When Defoe led the line to finish the season last year. We played a more narrow system with Arfield playing just behind him. I've no idea why we arent adapting that system when Defoe has to play.

Who is going to come to us when they know they'll only play when Morelos is unavailable and Defoe is injured or being subbed off in a game?
This is what people can’t seem to grasp. It’s very difficult trying to sign a striker of a good enough level knowing he will be 3rd choice and will get hardly any game time

I also don’t think our formation was the problem today, we created quite a few chances, Defoe is normally lethal in the types of positions he found himself in today, he just had a stinker, along with most of the team.

This is what people can’t seem to grasp. It’s very difficult trying to sign a striker of a good enough level knowing he will be 3rd choice and will get hardly any game time

Lyle Taylor.

Play him out right when Alfie is fit.

Play him up top in a 4-4-2 with Defoe.

Play him in Alfies 1 up top if we dont want to lose a midfielder.

Totally appreciate this, however, injuries suspensions currently mean we struggle with little in the way of options. J D has another season and Alfie maybe off in the summer so anyone coming in should be looking to stake a claim for the not too distant future. We need a physical option/target man as it could possibly have made a difference yesterday. I don't know who it could be though.

Anthony modeste on loan from koln who doesn't really feature for them much or Rudy guestede on loan from Middlesbrough he also doesn't feature much

Modeste would tick a lot of boxes I haven't seen him of late but he is a fairly robust physical mobile striker and is a decent player with a fairly good goalscoring record.

In future if we're playing Defoe we should get Arfield playing just off him. It worked so well towards the end of last season and got the best out of both players.

We need a big lump like Ikpeazui. Six foot three, 24-years-old, strong, mobile, drags defenders out of position and can hold up the ball. He has the foundations to be a decent striker, and what he doesn't have, can be coached by a good manager.

6sv2Wc.gif

Some say when you’ve got a physical striker , one that can win in the air and battle in the box etc then it allows you to play two strikers. One that’s like this and one that’s more of a straight forward finisher and plays off the more physical player. So you could argue that we should have persevered with playing Morelos and Defoe together more.

We need a big lump like Ikpeazui. Six foot three, 24-years-old, strong, mobile, drags defenders out of position and can hold up the ball. He has the foundations to be a decent striker, and what he doesn't have, can be coached by a good manager.

He is an extremely limited footballer who struggles to get a game for Hearts. A lot of his appearances have been as a wide player and not as the central striker. He has a horrendous goalscoring record -- 3 league goals last season and 2 league goals this season. He has decent pace and power and is difficult to stop in full flow but his final product is often poor and he has poor technique when striking the ball. I don't think he's anywhere near the required standard to play for Rangers.

Back