Player of the year so far for you

Super Jack. Not only for his saves but because of the influence he has on the whole team. He is the type of keeper that gives confidence to those in front of him and that allows them to play better.

Lundstram for me. I'm discounting the first part of the season because of how bad it was and for me since Clement came in Lundstram has been our main reason for controlling games he has been in large parts excellent. Yes he has dropped off slightly in recent weeks but so has quite a few due to tiredness and for me even when we went behind last Thursday he was constantly trying to get on the ball and was trying to make things happen even if his and a few others legs weren't letting them.

A good rest over the last week and I think he will kick on a being the driving force to us winning a treble.

Although early in the season it could be argued that Butland and Tav are the reasons we were still in with any sort of shout to winning the league at all so can't argue with either of them either but have loved watched Lundstram at his best over the last few months

Got to be between Tav, Butland and Lundstram.

We’re doing well when it’s hard to pick and for the right reasons.

Can really only be between three players - Tavernier, Lundstram and Butland. Tav nicks it for me so far but there is still a lot of matches to be played and big contributions needed.

Sima would be in there if he hadn't got injured.

Lundstrum for me. The international break has come at the right time to give him a rest and back firing for the run in

Tav as usual although Lundstram could be in with a shout as well.

Don't think keepers ever really deserve such awards unless they're incredible in every game and winning points on their own etc.

Obviously Butland has been an incredible signing but we genuinely have some games where he could pull out a deckchair and put his slippers on.

When it's came to big moments, Tav is still our main man.

Tav. Done what a captain is meant to do, and won us the League Cup. He has been solid at the back, and still scores crucial goals. Closely followed by Jack Butland then Lunny.

Butland followed closely by Lundstram. Know I'm going to take a lot of criticism, but although Tavernier still shows up in the big moments with assists and goals some of his passing this season has been really poor. His defending has improved to an extent but he gives the ball away too often sometimes in dangerous areas. Just my opinion.

I’m actually shocked at how little people are saying Butland. Early on he saved us from probably being double figures behind

How do you vote someone as being the player of the year when there are legit some games where he doesn't have a single save to make?

Kinda takes me back to the season we won 55. Everyone goes on about our defensive record and how great McGregor was...but I think McLaughlin had something like 15 clean sheets at the beginning of the season, because our defence gave away very little.

How do you vote someone as being the player of the year when there are legit some games where he doesn't have a single save to make?

Kinda takes me back to the season we won 55. Everyone goes on about our defensive record and how great McGregor was...but I think McLaughlin had something like 15 clean sheets at the beginning of the season, because our defence gave away very little.
Probably because of the games we would’ve lost under Beale, and the saves he’s made when called upon when never but maybe once putting a foot wrong.

Tav
Butland
Lundstram

In that order for me, tav is just tav, he always steps up. If sima stayed fit and kept his form up he most likely would’ve won player of the year imo. Butland has been outstanding, lundstram has carried the midfield at times this season.

I don’t think there’s an award for ‘since Clement came in the door’.

Yeah the big mans been great for a few months but as the award is for POTY it has to be Tav again.
My POTY is tav byt lundstrams form hasn’t only been for few months mate. Clements been here since October.

Tavs goals have got us where we are.
But without Butland keeping us in it the first 1/2 of the season we would’ve been far worse off than we were. So it’s a toss up

Butland.

He's been such a significant upgrade on what we had.

Greegs, with the best will in the world, was done his last 2 seasons and Jack is like having Allan in his prime again.

He's been a real difference maker.

Butland without question.
i-have-so-many-questions-arun-maini.png

Back