Players forgotten about

GVB2022

Jack Simpson and the right back from Poland bought in the last transfer window… are they still with us??

We could get a decent player in the door if we could somehow free up the wages of Simpson and Ofoborh. They must be on 10k per week between them?

He Didnt play every week there did he?
No he only had (according to Wikipedia) 10 appearances (not necessarily starts) for the grand amount of nought goals scored. Not boding well for the young guy we signed from Honka.

Jake Hastie, Glenn Middleton, Nmandi Ofoborh (who a large majority don’t even know exists), Jack Simpson, Kai Kennedy and Josh McPake. All still contracted to the club.

He Didnt play every week there did he?
He only really got the last 10-20 minutes. Actually seen a few partick games and when he came on he was similar to morelos. Thing is though partick rely on long balls which really doesn’t suit his style of play. From the few games I seen him, he’s also the type who struggles when he has time to think about chances but thats also something we’ve seen with morelos.

Did you not see us against Hearts in the last game of the season? When Simpson came on as a sub?
It feels A fair chunk of people on here haven’t watched a Rangers game in years. Get their views from reading the highlights in the sun from the rubbish they then say here

Yes, Zukowski picked up an injury so was absent for a while. Simpson is contracted until 2025 so unless we can find a club for him we might be stuck with him for a while.
Zukowski looked a good back up option for Tav. Unlucky to get injured. Simpson just didn’t work out but was worth a punt.

If you don’t have a failure rate with speculative signings then you are probably missing a few good ones.

He only really got the last 10-20 minutes. Actually seen a few partick games and when he came on he was similar to morelos. Thing is though partick rely on long balls which really doesn’t suit his style of play. From the few games I seen him, he’s also the type who struggles when he has time to think about chances but thats also something we’ve seen with morelos.
Ian McCall spoke highly of him, also said the pitch and the way they played didn’t help him but he gave 100% every time he played.

Ian McCall spoke highly of him, also said the pitch and the way they played didn’t help him but he gave 100% every time he played.
Thistle actually had some decent players and I think he’d do really well in that team if they tried to play. One of my mates is a thistle fan and I went to a few games last season when there was nothing on. If they had played Alegria alongside Alex Jakubiak they’d have worked well together.

Jake Hastie, Glenn Middleton, Nmandi Ofoborh (who a large majority don’t even know exists), Jack Simpson, Kai Kennedy and Josh McPake. All still contracted to the club.
It’s part of the job and we’ve seen it happen before so I do feel Wilson needs to actively move on the likes of Hastie, Middleton and Simpson this summer.

Juan Alegria, on loan to Partick Thistle. Meant to be the next Morelos. Not sure what’s happening with him
I work with a Thistle fan, genuine lovely guy and knows his football.

Says Lewis Mayo was the best player in the league by a country mile and we're desperate for him to return, and Alegria was an absolute disaster who they couldn't wait to see the back of.

Says Lewis Mayo was the best player in the league by a country mile and we're desperate for him to return, and Alegria was an absolute disaster who they couldn't wait to see the back of.
Would agree with Mayo point.

He was superb last season.

Alegria, when I watched him for thistle his lack of technical ability became more of a problem as he didn’t have a lot of quality around him.

Seemed to miss a good few chances, when I’d say finishing was probably his strong point in the LL, in addition to his physical attributes.

Disappointing spell. Expected him to at least score a couple. Largely found himself on the bench as well.

Sounds promising :rolleyes:

He was superb last season.

Alegria, when I watched him for thistle his lack of technical ability became more of a problem as he didn’t have a lot of quality around him.

Seemed to miss a good few chances, when I’d say finishing was probably his strong point in the LL, in addition to his physical attributes.

Disappointing spell. Expected him to at least score a couple. Largely found himself on the bench as well.
The 2 games I was at he had good chances and made a mess of them. I said above but he’s similar to morelos that way that when he has time to think about it he over thinks it. But their style also did not suit him as well so would like to see another loan elsewhere.

Mayo looked really good and I’m sure was MOTM when I was there playing in midfield. Be interesting to see what happens with him. Maybe not good enough for us but he’ll likely have a good career in Scotland.

The 2 games I was at he had good chances and made a mess of them. I said above but he’s similar to morelos that way that when he has time to think about it he over thinks it. But their style also did not suit him as well so would like to see another loan elsewhere.

Mayo looked really good and I’m sure was MOTM when I was there playing in midfield. Be interesting to see what happens with him. Maybe not good enough for us but he’ll likely have a good career in Scotland.

Mayo playied central defence for Thistle last season and made the Scottish Championship team of the season.

Doubt he'll make it at Rangers (I don't think King will either) , but he will definitely have a good career, as will King.

Mayo playied central defence for Thistle last season and made the Scottish Championship team of the season.

Doubt he'll make it at Rangers (I don't think King will either) , but he will definitely have a good career, as will King.
I actually thought they’d try take Mayo on a permanent since he had such a good spell.

I think King has every chance of making it with us. He’s only just turned 18 and looked good in the games he’s played. He’s also very highly rated and I’m sure there was interest down south before he signed a new contract in January. I think he’ll be an important rotation option next season for us.

I actually thought they’d try take Mayo on a permanent since he had such a good spell.

I think King has every chance of making it with us. He’s only just turned 18 and looked good in the games he’s played. He’s also very highly rated and I’m sure there was interest down south before he signed a new contract in January. I think he’ll be an important rotation option next season for us.

I think Mayo could get a better move than Thistle.

Time is still on King's side, so hopefully there's still plenty of improvement and some height growth in him.

Was he not sent on loan? I thought he would have been a star for us, but doesn’t look like it is working out..

Juan Alegria wasn't signed for the first team last season. He got playing time with the B team and a loan to Thistle. He's had a season to adjust to a new country and play senior football. Not sure why, at 19, that means it's not working out for him.

Was out on loan at Partick, looking at the stats it doesn’t seem to have been a great move but it was a step up from the B team games. Still
only 19.
A Thistle supporting neighbour thinks he’s helluva good.
Has high hopes for him once he settles in.

Does it not make you wonder why we allowed him to go there?
Or maybe that was actually the point?

Alegria was a disaster at Thistle.
Select comments from their fans included 'the worst player I've seen in a Thistle shirt' and 'I'm convinced he's on an Ali Dia style con'.

Juan Alegria wasn't signed for the first team last season. He got playing time with the B team and a loan to Thistle. He's had a season to adjust to a new country and play senior football. Not sure why, at 19, that means it's not working out for him.
Agreed, He's only 19, probably doesn't speak much English and will take time to adapt. We must have signed him for a reason - harsh to write him off after one bad loan spell.

Back