Players to never (or hardly ever) score for us

Arthur Numan? I can only think of him scoring 3 goals, one against them at Ibrox, Aberdeen at Ibrox and one away to St Johnstone.

Actually interesting how many of these players who scored only a few goals for us did manage to net against Celtic. Spackman, Kuznetsov, Thomson, Ugo, even Davis if you look at his total goals compared to the ones against them.
It is an interesting fact that adding the likes of Cleland, Hemdani and Wilkins as other posters have mentioned.

Bob Malcolm. According to Wikipedia 88 appearances for us and 3 goals. He scored another 3 for Motherwell. The only goals he scored.

Glen Kamara. Guy has a lot of class- should be scoring way more goal than he does.

Just looked it up- only 4 goals in his entire career!

Mathieson 174 2 goals
Shearer over 200 appearances and 2 goals
Whilst looking up these I found Max Murray 100 games 80 goals wow
And Andy Penman 100 games 38 goals

Franny Jeffers

0 in 14.
VQILm6Y.jpg

Vignal and Wilkins both scored one of their few goals against them
Vignal got a sensational double against Motherwell and I'm sure scored the winning penalty vs Maritimo too.

I loved him at Ibrox. It stemmed from him turning up on the right wing which I'm sure was just to go into a fifty fifty with a brick shit house Hibs had at left back. A lunatic who could play a bit.

Scored 20 goals in 265 appearances, not too bad for a player who was basically a defensive midfielder
I never googled it mate , just tried to think back.
It is 25 years ago plus now.
That averages 3 goals a season , not great either.
A lot moan Jack doesnt shot enough or get goals, very similar.

Think Sebo scored an equaliser away to Hibs as well in a 2-1 defeat.

Glad I started this thread. Amazed by how many of our low scorers have one against celtic.

If I can be arsed on Monday I might try and dig through this thread and make a list - Players to score against celtic despite having fewer than 10 goals for us

Dorin Goian never scored for us and was a near ever present for a full season
Scored in a a league cup defeat away to Falkirk. Recall him equalizing really late on and Falkirk going up the park for a winner. An early taste of the banter years to come!

Kyle Bartley got 1 goal all be it in two short loan spells with us. A header against St. Mirren if I remember.

Scored v Hearts at Ibrox and at Pittodrie too I think.

Just checked..

6 goals - tims,St Johnstone,Hearts,sheep home and away,Airdrie.
Cheers mate. That’s not that bad for a full back really as my first post I could only remember the 3.

Paul Rideout. He was brought in as a striker to cover injuries, I don’t know the stats but it felt like he was never going to score for us. He did get one, but that was after a 10 game run of blanks. He did try, but just didn’t happen for him.
He ended up at centre half where he was tidy enough.

Hemdani, 2 last minute equalisers against Osasuna and the filth, both quite similar goals.

Nerlinger is another, can only remember 1 goal from him against Stuttgart.

Hemdani, 2 last minute equalisers against Osasuna and the filth, both quite similar goals.

Nerlinger is another, can only remember 1 goal from him against Stuttgart.
Think he ended up scoring 7/8 in something like 40 games, pretty good record :))

Including a hat Rick IIRC.

Terry Hurlock only scored 2 I think.
Although one of them was against the scum. ⚪

Back