Police Scotland ignoring repeated Sectarian chants as players leave; "threaten" the jail but take no action

remembertheepoch

I believe there is footage of this going to be available soon, but how can the police stand and watch idly by as an individual continues to make sectarian comments and then only threaten them with the "jail".

They shouldn't need to threaten, they should be in for a long weekend and a meeting with the sheriff on Tuesday.

What are our club going to do about this?

And how can anyone be expected to stand idle whilst being assaulted. I mean there's turning the other cheek then there's taking the piss.

I believe there is footage of this going to be available soon, but how can the police stand and watch idly by as an individual continues to make sectarian comments and then only threaten them with the "jail".

They shouldn't need to threaten, they should be in for a long weekend and a meeting with the sheriff on Tuesday.

What are our club going to do about this?
footage ?

Is the footage from our own cameras, filmed for the Away Days feature?

I mentioned in another thread that the Club should make this available as there is always abuse when we arrive (and leave).

Footage in this link from 2m 35seconds onward

Yes I know it's Abduls channel but it has the recorded evidence of police inaction of clear sectarian behaviour

This ain't anything new, Infact it's gone on as long as I can remember. The problem is they get emboldened by the lack of action. Badge numbers required with a question if you aren't upholding the law as your job entails, why not? If you've been told not to arrest which would stop it stone dead, who gave that order and who sanctioned them to deliver the order? The match commander? His boss? Their bosses?

The place is a cesspit. Last time I was there was 2008 and the abuse shocked me to be honest, the hatred was unreal. It’s probably worse now.

We keep hearing that they don't make arrests in the stadium for fear of inflaming the situation.

I'd love to hear the excuse if this footage is what the OP says it is.

I'm not trying to downplay this, I genuinely don't know, do the police arrest anyone within the stadium anymore? Besides fans entering the pitch.

Yes I know it's Abduls channel but it has the recorded evidence of police inaction of clear sectarian behaviour

That's pathetic from the cops but not unexpected.
The Tim's have a free reign to do what they like and with the police inaction its getting worse as proven by the bottle throwing inside their midden.

That's probably the least cringey video I've seen him in. By all means it's still very cringey.

I'm not trying to downplay this, I genuinely don't know, do the police arrest anyone within the stadium anymore? Besides fans entering the pitch.
I'm not sure, but not raising tension coupled with ability to view CCTV and deal with it later is perfectly valid in my book.

Outside the stadium is another matter. They don't have a second chance to get the culprits.

And how can anyone be expected to stand idle whilst being assaulted. I mean there's turning the other cheek then there's taking the piss.
Am afraid the woke Snp have turned our police into Keystone cops!

Reactions: DJT
We’ve scored goals at Ibrox in European knockout football when it’s still daylight, about to play a European game in May, currently 90 minutes away from a potential trip to Seville for a final and Joe Hart comes walking out with a beach ball?

The lack of self awareness from they helmets and their fans is hilarious.

See when we go back to being the Rangers that we used to used to, then it'll stop.

Never asked for help before and that was long ibefore we had then and their nationalists running the ship.

Apologise for nothing and give them back the measure and more than the measure. Stop running, apologising and if anybody wants to help put then back to their beloved ireland, I'll meet you at greenock or the nearest port with a one way sailing

See when we go back to being the Rangers that we used to used to, then it'll stop.

Never asked for help before and that was long ibefore we had them and their nationalists running the ship.

Apologise for nothing and give them back the measure and more than the measure. Stop running, apologising and if anybody wants to help put then back to their beloved ireland, I'll meet you at greenock or the nearest port with a one way sailing

Back