Poll : Would You Want McInnes As Manager Of Rangers?

Derek 'Delboy' McInnes As Our Manager?

• Yes

Votes: 171 46.6%
  • No

Votes: 196 53.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I fucking struggle with the "has to be British" thing. Is it cause cunts canny pronounce the names or is it because they think a British manager will put together a less technical and more physical team?

The other thing I don't get is putting candidates down because they aren't a "winner" by track record. Tbh out of all the names we have a person with a record of winning and rebuilding and it's Preud'homme. However the support don't want him for the reason above.

Based on the fact the board appear to want to appease the bring in British element of the support then McInnes is the man. We have to be realistic about our expectations too. It's like in the summer when people were saying we need to buy a proven 25 goal striker. We can't afford that so we had to buy younger. The expectations were and are totally off from the start.

Moyes, McLaren etc are all rubbish. Big Sam is too expensive. McInnes for me.

Can I ask you, where was it said by the board, " The new manager will be British or British is preferred."

The board haven't said anything of note about our new manager that I've read.

For the people who moan about his track record or say 'what's he ever won?' What exactly were you expecting from him? Win the league with Aberdeen against Celtic in a season they never lost a game? Qualify for the Champions League with St. Johnstone?

I truly hope Moyes is not being considered by our club, he is a nice guy but a proven dud as a manager. I want a top of the pile blue chip manager to take us forward and destroy the filth.
Disappointingly, if its a choice between DM and some of the mentioned candidates, then i would choose Derek. Can't vote due to insufficient options.

Voted yes given the paucity of talent amongst the other known candidates.

Obviously ,if there was an unknown more qualified than him then my stance would change but as things stand he is the best on offer.

I am coming around to the idea of McInnes as Manager, and nearly voted yes following the most recent 'Steve McLaren as a strong contender' rumour However, I still voted no, as I think if you analyse the CVs as you would with any applicant for a job, his track record of success doesn't match other candidates.

Then, if you consider the points he gathers from the 'staunchometer', this most probably still makes him a clear favourite. That is not a criticism, but more of a view on the importance of a man who knows Rangers, Scottish Football and handling the Celtc Mhedia.

You
He better be in the running 'cause if the interview process is a kiddy on and we go to the more expensive and less effective McInnes and then not Ten Hag, I will lose all confidence in the board.

Do you answer questions with questions, constantly?
You are free to believe whatever you want. We will see what the coming days will bring.

You've done a bit of amateur research into this guy, convinced yourself he should be the man and are completely ignoring the reality. Losing faith in the board because the guy you looked up on your laptop isn't going to get the job

All a bit petulant.

I know his record in the cups ain't great but he wins football matches. That'll do for me.

If we can start by beating the rest of the teams in the league like he has done consistently over the past 3 years then it's a good starting place.

Not a glowing reference for him.

Does enough to finish best of the rest in the league and well, that's it.

Can I ask you, where was it said by the board, " The new manager will be British or British is preferred."

The board haven't said anything of note about our new manager that I've read.

The only things we hear in the media and on here have been about British managers. That information might turn out to be untrue but no non-British manager is being seen as in the running. Can only go on the rumours til it's out mate.

You
You are free to believe whatever you want. We will see what the coming days will bring.

You've done a bit of amateur research into this guy, convinced yourself he should be the man and are completely ignoring the reality. Losing faith in the board because the guy you looked up on your laptop isn't going to get the job

All a bit petulant.

Still no answer to the questions?

Wait a little longer, for what then?

As I'm no professional, of course it amateurish.

Losing faith in the board if they do what I posted previously and if anyone is coming over as petulant, it sure aint me.

The only things we hear in the media and on here have been about British managers. That information might turn out to be untrue but no non-British manager is being seen as in the running. Can only go on the rumours til it's out mate.

Why would we trust anything those pricks say about our club mate?

I've got 1 for them, I'm ITK, but I'm telling fu(k all. ;)

Yes from me but mainly because the other candidates scare the hell out of me.

Would like to have seen the board push the boat out for someone with proven quality

Was discussing this with someone on here last night through DM's

I don't think McInnes is as cut and dried as we're led to think.

If we're going to down the DoF/Head coach route (and it seems to be Allen's preference given his support for McLaren) then where does McInnes fit in ? Is he happy to simply coach the team, pick the players and the tactics and possibly not have the final say in transfers and departures ?

McLaren for all his faults as a wet blanket of a personality at least has experience of such a set up. McInnes doesn't. What happens if McInnes demands total control and we refused to give him it ?

no from me, would rather spend the money the sheeps want on someone better at the same time not giving them a penny.

Why would we trust anything those pricks say about our club mate?

I've got 1 for them, I'm ITK, but I'm telling fu(k all. ;)
To bring it back to your original question mate - I think McInnes' record is fine and he will do a job for us.

I'd rather have Preud'homme and I gather you think Ten Hag is the man. I have a bad feeling that we won't get our way.

Still think I have a valid point about expectations. Davie Edgar had a point on H&H about the size of our club and our ability to get a statement manager...but whose available and what are they going to cost?

Need to be realistic in expectation and therefore saying McInnes hasn't won enough isn't fair imo.

Given where we are at this time he is absolutely the best candidate for the job.

He's an absolute certainty and Big Louie will be his first signing closely followed by Kenny McLean. Wouldn't be surprised he he goes for Shinnie as well to give us that bit of dig we lack in midfield.

He'll steady the ship and make us hard to beat. With proper financial backing he'll have us challenging Celtic for the title sooner than many think.

Given where we are at this time he is absolutely the best candidate for the job.

He's an absolutely certainty and Big Louie will be his first signing closely followed by Kenny McLean. Wouldn't be surprised he he goes for Shinnie as well to give us that bit of dig we lack in midfield.

He'll steady the ship and make us hard to beat. With proper financial backing he'll have us challenging Celtic for the title sooner than many think.

So if we appoint McInnes and allow him free reign on signing Moult, McLean and Shinnie then what the hell are we paying a wage to Allen for ?

To bring it back to your original question mate - I think McInnes' record is fine and he will do a job for us.

I'd rather have Preud'homme and I gather you think Ten Hag is the man. I have a bad feeling that we won't get our way.

Still think I have a valid point about expectations. Davie Edgar had a point on H&H about the size of our club and our ability to get a statement manager...but whose available and what are they going to cost?

Need to be realistic in expectation and therefore saying McInnes hasn't won enough isn't fair imo.

I will use Ten Hag here again and make not 1 single apology for it mate.

I've proven a better pedigree already.

His wages will be less at Utrecht than McInnes at Aberdeen therefor safe to say his Buy Out will be cheaper, yes?

We don't hand our rival £800,000 to strengthen them in many ways either.

From a financial lay out alone initially, best is definitely cheaper.

Win/Win with Ten Hag in virtually every aspect.

Until somebody gives me better for Our magnificent Club, Deek can do one.

Look at Stuart mccalls managerial cv , it's very similar to DMs . No one on here would want Stuart McCall .

Wanting mcinnes because he seems to be the best of a bad bunch isn't the way to appoint a manager either .

Plus if we dont get mcinnes , we no longer have to see posters with their shit "deeks" patter .
I agree, we don't need to just take him because he's the best option. How do we know he's the best option available, and since when did we just accept what we were being offered?

We have read on here recently that there are 150 applications, so if we dismiss the dross we might have around 15 decent options possibly but in truth we don't know.

I think its time for some new 'Souness' figure to be chosen, the Belgian sounds like he can get results and with the right back up team could bring success here, but I would like to see the DOF prove his worth. The interviews are in London so let the game begin.

He has done very well at the sheep , or as well has he could feasibly do . I thought they would struggle this year after losing a few key players but the ones he has replaced them with are probably better than what he lost I.e, may , Stewart , shinnie etc

They have had the second biggest budget in the league by far for 5 years until last season and have had stability at their club when ourselves, Hearts, Hibs and Dundee Utd have been in turmoil, winning a cup anyone can do as Ross County and St Mirren in recent times have shown.

They have a squad of better than average for Scottish football, but coming from the richest City in the country they can afford to pay the wages to pick up players who aren't good enough down south but better than up here.

When you have a settled squad it is easy replacing like for like or slightly better at little or no cost.

Has McInnes improved Aberdeen on a season by season basis since going there, No he hasn't.

First I am very glad that there is very little coming out of Ibrox let's hope it stays that way until the decision is made,some of the potential managers will make a decision on what funds will be available ,if the best guy in the world want 20 mil then he won't get the job

So if we appoint McInnes and allow him free reign on signing Moult, McLean and Shinnie then what the hell are we paying a wage to Allen for ?

Good question.

If it was up to me I'd be rid of him off the wage bill - he's not needed.

Proper football manager's don't need a Director of football.

Is it just the same old posters wanting Derek McInnes as manager of The World Famous, Glorious Glasgow Rangers or is he actually wanted by the majority on here?

We being dumbed down into accepting him as the best possible candidate for the job?

An absolute resounding no from me.

We deserve better.

*Edit

*Eliminate all supposed candidates linked before saying Yes or No, it's do you want McInnes?*
Good to see our dear old admin team took a balanced, thought out poll and chopped it midweek, yet see no problem in a heavily slanted poll straight after a bad result for the man in question.

Was slightly ignorant towards the appointment of Derek McInnes but over the last week or so my opinion has changed. Discussed and thought about it at length with numerous people on here, at Ibrox and in the pub/outside of social media.

He wouldn’t be my first choice - I probably still don’t know who that would be tbh, but given the realistic options, I would take McInnes over a lot of them. I’ve discussed Erik Ten Hag with the OP, really like the guy but unsure if he’s in the running?

Pardew, Neil, Moyes, McClaren, McCall, Preud’homme et al... McInnes ahead of them all.

You can look at a managers history but ultimately it doesn’t really matter, it’s what the new man does with Rangers. Obviously a big, successful name would be appealing but sadly unrealistic.

A Frank de Boer would appeal to many but not for me. I’ve watched his sides, read up on his managerial ways, philosophy and it’s a no for me - would not be the right fit. He’s got a better CV than McInnes but I think for where we are, McInnes would do a better job at this point in time. The fans wouldn’t buy into FdB philosophy, the patience and time wouldn’t be given. We need to hit the ground running, put wins on the board and on a consistent level.

McInnes wins games in Scotland on a much lower budget.

People used to fall over Jimmy Calderwood for manger - good Rangers man, experienced different countries, decent record with Aberdeen... McInnes record and win % blows Calderwood out the water.

McInnes knows Rangers and Scottish football.

He’s one of us.

Ambitious, hungry, wants to be the best he can.

McInnes commands respect, he’s not a joke figure.

A bit of presence about him.

He can handle the media.

Current, ex players and football men talk highly of him.

Youngsters at Aberdeen have talked about the way he manages his players in a positive way.

He took over an Aberdeen side going nowhere and made them the 2nd best in Scotland.

He’s worked with a shoestring budget, built a team, seen it taken apart, rebuilt and hit the ground running.

He’s made players better.

He’s taken Aberdeen on winning runs, numerous times through out a season.

To do the above, you have to have some managerial qualities, tactically aware...

Derek McInnes wins football matches in Scotland with a team nowhere near the size of Rangers with a much lower budget. You can’t take that away from him.

I’d love to know the attitude of a Juve fan when they appointed Conte. When Barcelona appointed Valverde or Guardiola, Real Madrid with ZZ, Dortmund with Klopp, Parma/Juve with Ancelotti, Manchester United with SAD, Porto with Mourinho... clearly not the most appealing appointment to them, but men who made them successful.

So yeah, I’d be happy with Derek McInnes. What an opportunity he’s got should he be given the job.

Good to see our dear old admin team took a balanced, thought out poll and chopped it midweek, yet see no problem in a heavily slanted poll straight after a bad result for the man in question.

Nothing to do with dolly's result yesterday,

Same posters wanting mcInnes in the OP I said, or is it?

That's the point of the poll.

I was banned again midweek, 17 days in the cooler since the new board or banned for 4 in every 14 days. :D

Nothing to do with dolly's result yesterday,

Same posters wanting mcInnes in the OP I said, or is it?

That's the point of the poll.

I was banned again midweek, 17 days in the cooler since the new board or banned for 4 in every 14 days. :D
So not just me then.

I asked if it would be seen as positive or negative..

Asking if people want him is far more open to interpretation.

What if the poster "wants" Guardiola. But would be happy with Deek.
They vote no above?

P.s, my poll with 250 votes was 60-40 for it...
Just saying like. :D

And by the way, if 45% want McInnes, that's pretty convincing.
Leaves a low average %age for the next 550 top managers. 0.1% each. :D

So not just me then.

I asked if it would be seen as positive or negative..

Asking if people want him is far more open to interpretation.

What if the poster "wants" Guardiola. But would be happy with Deek.
They vote no above?

P.s, my poll with 250 votes was 60-40 for it...
Just saying like. :D

The open to interpretation bit i get mate but if y'all haven't already gathered, i'm a simple guy.

Clear who I would want but it's not about him.

Just a simple, do you want McInnes, yes or no.

Not vindictive in any way, just a gauge of how many here would want him alone.

Is it just the same old posters wanting Derek McInnes as manager of The World Famous, Glorious Glasgow Rangers or is he actually wanted by the majority on here?

We being dumbed down into accepting him as the best possible candidate for the job?

An absolute resounding no from me.

We deserve better.

*Edit

*Eliminate all supposed candidates linked before saying Yes or No, it's do you want McInnes?*

I know I'm becoming somewhat like a broken record. I have nothing at all against Derek McInnes and I acknowledge he has done quite well at the Sheep. I cannot however muster any enthusiasm about him becoming Rangers manager. If he is appointed he'll get my backing, as will anyone taking on the job, but I'm really not sure he's the right guy.
I've said many times that I wasn't sure who we should appoint, but your championing of Erik ten Hag has got me thinking that he'd be the type of manager we should be looking at. We'll find out soon enough, but whoever gets it is unlikely to be everyone's choice.

I voted No.
He gets results against teams with a lower budget....more often than not. But, he is very capable of losing games and dropping points to all the teams around him and below him. So how astute is he really as a manager? Not for me. A choice between him and McClaren? McClaren every time on experience alone. McInnes is NOT some up and coming progressive young manager. For me he's just on a par with the other run of the mill managers that ply their trade in this league. Bang Average will win us hee haw!

Last edited:
A roughly 50/50 split on voting. Not a great start! If he does get the job and his first few results don’t go well then FF is going to be ‘fun’!

Personally I don’t think he is the answer, but I think he will get the nod from the board.

A roughly 50/50 split on voting. Not a great start! If he does get the job and his first few results don’t go well then FF is going to be ‘fun’!

Personally I don’t think he is the answer, but I think he will get the nod from the board.

Like replies in paper articles mate, the yahoos are on it first. :D

Voted no, I don't think he has the correct managerial credentials or top-level pressure situation experience for the most important job at our club.

I also get the feeling that most Celtic fans and a big section of the Scottish media actually want McInnes to get the job, simply because they are almost certain he will fail.

How would you even

My point proven.
50% want this guy in particular. In my view that's a massive vote of confidence considering there are 3 billion of us on earth to share the other 50%.

Or are we only looking at the 5 man shortlist.
So 50% McInnes, 10% average for the others?

Or the 20 names total mentioned on here?

50% want McInnes, an average or 2.5% for the others?
Yet M&S thinks that's anegative for McInnes?

Can't work that one out.

Coming round to it now he just might be the right guy at the right time.

Do not want McClaren or Moyes anywhere near us.

How would you even

My point proven.
50% want this guy in particular. In my view that's a massive vote of confidence considering there are 3 billion of us on earth to share the other 50%.

Or are we only looking at the 5 man shortlist.
So 50% McInnes, 10% average for the others?

Or the 20 names total mentioned on here?

50% want McInnes, an average or 2.5% for the others?
Yet M&S thinks that's anegative for McInnes?

Can't work that one out.

66% want Ten Hag at last look earlier.

Even more resounding.

Yes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back