Poll : Would You Want McInnes As Manager Of Rangers?

Derek 'Delboy' McInnes As Our Manager?

• Yes

Votes: 171 46.6%
  • No

Votes: 196 53.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in the anti McInnes camp when Pedro went. As time has passed I've read a lot of arguments for and against him on here and have now planted myself in the Derek camp.

Do I think he's the best man for the job? No
Do I think he's the best man available right now? Yes

Rather him over Moyes, Sam, Neil, Wright and all the other pish touted recently.
if hes not the best man then hes not the best man full stop

66% want Ten Hag at last look earlier.

Even more resounding.

Yes?

Where is this?
Is the poll the same question?

I'm interested in the 13% then who want both of them as manager.
Liverpool fans? :D
A game each? 1 for home games, 1 for away? :D
How they working that?

It’s a yes from me we can’t afford another left field gamble.

Define left field gamble.

Someone from a smaller club in Scotland with no track record at a massive club like ours like McInnes ?

Someone with experience of managing big clubs in England like McLaren, Pardew and Moyes ?

Whoever we picked is going to be a gamble. McInnes just because he's did well at Aberdeen isn't a guarantee of sure fire success.

Where is this?
Is the poll the same question?

I'm interested in the 13% then who want both of them as manager.
Liverpool fans? :D
A game each? 1 for home games, 1 for away? :D
How they working that?

On FF.

Yes, same question.

More resounding MB, yes?

The McInnes fans can fair fu(kin deflect and not answer, eh? :D

Mmmm...

Was slightly ignorant towards the appointment of Derek McInnes but over the last week or so my opinion has changed. Discussed and thought about it at length with numerous people on here, at Ibrox and in the pub/outside of social media.

He wouldn’t be my first choice - I probably still don’t know who that would be tbh, but given the realistic options, I would take McInnes over a lot of them. I’ve discussed Erik Ten Hag with the OP, really like the guy but unsure if he’s in the running?

Pardew, Neil, Moyes, McClaren, McCall, Preud’homme et al... McInnes ahead of them all.

You can look at a managers history but ultimately it doesn’t really matter, it’s what the new man does with Rangers. Obviously a big, successful name would be appealing but sadly unrealistic.

A Frank de Boer would appeal to many but not for me. I’ve watched his sides, read up on his managerial ways, philosophy and it’s a no for me - would not be the right fit. He’s got a better CV than McInnes but I think for where we are, McInnes would do a better job at this point in time. The fans wouldn’t buy into FdB philosophy, the patience and time wouldn’t be given. We need to hit the ground running, put wins on the board and on a consistent level.

McInnes wins games in Scotland on a much lower budget.

People used to fall over Jimmy Calderwood for manger - good Rangers man, experienced different countries, decent record with Aberdeen... McInnes record and win % blows Calderwood out the water.

McInnes knows Rangers and Scottish football.

He’s one of us.

Ambitious, hungry, wants to be the best he can.

McInnes commands respect, he’s not a joke figure.

A bit of presence about him.

He can handle the media.

Current, ex players and football men talk highly of him.

Youngsters at Aberdeen have talked about the way he manages his players in a positive way.

He took over an Aberdeen side going nowhere and made them the 2nd best in Scotland.

He’s worked with a shoestring budget, built a team, seen it taken apart, rebuilt and hit the ground running.

He’s made players better.

He’s taken Aberdeen on winning runs, numerous times through out a season.

To do the above, you have to have some managerial qualities, tactically aware...

Derek McInnes wins football matches in Scotland with a team nowhere near the size of Rangers with a much lower budget. You can’t take that away from him.

I’d love to know the attitude of a Juve fan when they appointed Conte. When Barcelona appointed Valverde or Guardiola, Real Madrid with ZZ, Dortmund with Klopp, Parma/Juve with Ancelotti, Manchester United with SAD, Porto with Mourinho... clearly not the most appealing appointment to them, but men who made them successful.

So yeah, I’d be happy with Derek McInnes. What an opportunity he’s got should he be given the job.

Agree with most of this. Mcinnes is the man for me.

You're hardly going to get an accurate response when the question calls him "Delboy" - that heavily implies he is a bounder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back