Poor Show Today, However

E10H

We are 3 points from 2nd place.

We have the 2nd best goal difference.

We are 2 points behind cellic after a narrow defeat there.

4 games from now will see us has having played all teams in the League.

We will be further up the table by that point, 2nd I reckon, always optimistic for us. :cool:

Criticism is duly deserved from today but lets not go overboard regarding the bigger picture.

Staying positive, No Surrender.

(loads of negativity in other threads, keep it there thanks)

Our players need to understand when we go away from home we are in for a serious scrap. Easter road and tyncecastle will be extremely tough. We need to up our game

Exactly. There was always going to be a blip but I’ll admit it did hurt as we could have gone second. But never ever boo the players as that’s the reason we are there, to support them.

Let’s %^*& hearts at Ibrox next week and see where we go from there.

Love the optimism OP. Genuinely do. I wish we had more of it on here.

Just think if we had taken 3 points today where we would be and that's what's sticking in my throat.

Onwards we go to Thursday and I'm sure after that performance, we will be more than up for it to make amends.

It was shambolic today, no matter how it’s dressed up

Today hasn't been dressed up, criticism of today is in the OP.

The League table isn't lying and won't be 4 games from now, a better time to judge us.

We are not the bad lot made throughout other threads.

We have been away to 3 teams above us at the moment.

They will be at Ibrox in the next round of 11 games.

But, all the players are sh*te and Gerrard doesn't know what he's doing...

The only folk saying that are fannies who are too staunch to listen to any criticism so they try to argue points that aren't even being made.

The tactics of the mentally limited.

OT - I think you are more or less correct but you and others need to stop pretending finishing above Celtic is all that matters , you can't just be like oh we're 2 off Celtic when we're 8 off Hearts

We will be further up the table by that point, 2nd I reckon, always optimistic for us. :cool:

Criticism is duly deserved from today but lets not go overboard regarding the bigger picture.

Well said that man!

I also wonder if we might see a bit of money being spent in January if we need a player?

It's not a great time to buy I know, and SG won't want to rush into anything, in the grand scheme of building a squad.

However ... if we've got the sort of scouting outfit now that we all wanted in our recent past, then they'll already be earmarking possible replacements / reinforcements that we might well need after a few months of unpunished hacking and "it'll all level out" refereeing.

We should have the money available -- if we're still there or thereabouts, would (indeed, should?) SG & MA bring more first team players in ?

I also wonder if we might see a bit of money being spent in January if we need a player?

It's not a great time to buy I know, and SG won't want to rush into anything, in the grand scheme of building a squad.

However ... if we've got the sort of scouting outfit now that we all wanted in our recent past, then they'll already be earmarking possible replacements / reinforcements that we might well need after a few months of unpunished hacking and "it'll all level out" refereeing.

We should have the money available -- if we're still there or thereabouts, would (indeed, should?) SG & MA bring more first team players in ?

We have to spend money in January, especially if we still happen to be in Europe.

Agree with the OP though, there's no point in being overly concerned with the league position atm. The league isn't decided in September. We've been awful today and poor vs Motherwell, but against Aberdeen we should've had all 3 points.

Still a learning curve for Gerrard and he will get it right. Thought the team selection today was a little bit arrogant and he underestimated Livingston. We're not good enough yet to rest our best players.

Good man!!!

Bottle of red opened!!

It’s ok being positive but Need to look at the form against the better sides and away form taking that into account going on that we could be well out of the picture for the league in the next match never mind next four matches.

We need to win against Hearts. A draw would be poor a lose however and we will be 11 behind.
Never mind the title we would have difficulty catching Hearts.

Take away the however OP... no sugar coating the horrendous away results. 6th in the league in October and if we dont win next Sunday then this is a crisis.

Singing about going to Baku will not change that!!!!

Exactly. There was always going to be a blip but I’ll admit it did hurt as we could have gone second. But never ever boo the players as that’s the reason we are there, to support them.

Let’s %^*& hearts at Ibrox next week and see where we go from there.

I would suggest 2 points fro 12 away from home is more than a "blip". Very worrying to say the least.

We have to spend money in January, especially if we still happen to be in Europe.

Agree with the OP though, there's no point in being overly concerned with the league position atm. The league isn't decided in September. We've been awful today and poor vs Motherwell, but against Aberdeen we should've had all 3 points.

Agreed you can't win the league in September, but you can lose it.

The progress we have made since last season has been astronomical, however that must be tempered by the things that are still to be fixed. Right now that's our away form and although our next away game isn't until 21st October it now has so much pressure to deliver a win to get that monkey off our backs and to show further sustained improvement.

for if we continue to throw away stupid points it is going to cost us dearly at the end of the season

if i had a wee hands clapping gif id use it mate..agree 100%..but got told im a dick for this kind of non knee jerk reaction :D

There is honestly no point in trying to be positive with the doom merchants on this board. We’re all pissed off and gutted with the result today and the addition to our away form record - At least some of us can recognise overall improvements within the squad and have some optimism for going forward. To try and pass this view to certain posters just now is a complete waste of time.

There is honestly no point in trying to be positive with the doom merchants on this board. We’re all pissed off and gutted with the result today and the addition to our away form record - At least some of us can recognise overall improvements within the squad and have some optimism for going forward. To try and pass this view to certain posters just now is a complete waste of time.

It's seeming that way, we are still in every competition we entered and competing well over the course so far.

A win against Hearts at home and some of those on the board today won't be seen then. :cool:

Agree op, we are lightyears ahead from 12 months ago, all we need to do is stop stooping to shite opposition.
3 times now we have given the opposition too much respect and thought and it’s fucked how we play.
We shat it against Villarreal but when we actually stood up and played we done them damage.
If we play our way we will be fine, let the hammer throwers be exactly what they are, and let us use our power and pace to break them down using the ball (not our flailing elbows).

Agree op, we are lightyears ahead from 12 months ago, all we need to do is stop stooping to shite opposition.
3 times now we have given the opposition too much respect and thought and it’s fucked how we play.
We shat it against Villarreal but when we actually stood up and played we done them damage.
If we play our way we will be fine, let the hammer throwers be exactly what they are, and let us use our power and pace to break them down using the ball (not our flailing elbows).

Correct.

Let's concentrate on us, it's about what we do.

We must start games more aggressively, on the front foot from the off.

I'm not so sure he knows his best team yet with injury suspensions and the amount of games some of the squad have had the Gaffer has not had a settled team

Angry and frustrated at the performance today.Don’t think Kent should have been benched from the start as he is looking to be our most creative player at the minute.
Good performance on Thursday would set us up fine for Hearts on the Sunday

Agree mate, patience is required after a result like today, gaffer's new to this job and we all know there will be blips every now and then.
As you say criticism of todays display is warranted but let's not lose perspective and go into full meltdown.

I'm not so sure he knows his best team yet with injury suspensions and the amount of games some of the squad have had the Gaffer has not had a settled team

We will be more resolute and free scoring when we settle down and the gaffer has the players available that he wants.

He has rotated the squad as most on here had suggested and when doing so, consistency won't always be there.

He is learning the job and about our players.

He is learning quickly.

Next 2 games will change the outlook of many, 2 wins at Ibrox and we are off and running again.

I'm believing.

Love the optimism OP. Genuinely do. I wish we had more of it on here.

Just think if we had taken 3 points today where we would be and that's what's sticking in my throat.

Onwards we go to Thursday and I'm sure after that performance, we will be more than up for it to make amends.
Ifs and buts
if we had held on at Aberdeen if we had held on at Motherwell if we had beat Livi we would be 7 points better off but we didn't.
We have not got the job done away from home .
it will be no consolation at the end of the season if we nearly win the league and look back at these dropped points.

The manager and players made a baws of it collectively. The league table does not look good at all... but... the same group have given us so much this season in other areas that it makes forgiveness come a lot easier than in previous seasons. Bad day today but we remain on the right track.

Back