Pop up and forum jumping

BF4_Loyal

Don’t know if this is the right place to post this and if not admin can remove.

But does anyone else have problems with pop ups and the forum “jumping” when trying to read or reply to threads? It’s near impossible at times to post because of this? Is there any way to stop it?

But does anyone else have problems with pop ups and the forum “jumping” when trying to read or reply to threads? It’s near impossible at times to post because of this? Is there any way to stop it?
I used to switch off Java you find it in settings go to safari and switch it off.

Depends on device but get an adblocker. If on a mobile device get AdBlock Plus. If on a laptop/desktop get uBlock Origin (the Origin part is important, there are others with a similar name). Both available from your App Store.

Both free. Both do an excellent job. Easy.

Got that adblocker there mate and installed. Thank you. Working a lot better now

I used to use Firefox with an adblocker but it started to be unusable so now I use Samsung browser (on a Sony phone!) and adblock plus and it's perfect now.

Had an adblocker called Adblock already installed but it didn't work. tried Adblock plus and it also didn't work. IPad and Safari.

Have now switched to the Brave browser and all is well again.

Last edited:

Always happened to me (Samsung galaxy) I just put an ad blocker on and it solved it.
(Adblock fast)

Ads are not a problem for me but the site jumps all over the place on my iPad Air 2. Really frustrating trying to read a thread and it throws you several posts back up the page. Fine on my iPhone however.

Happens everytime it loads for me - also cany get rid of the follow follow would like to send you notifications bar:mad:

As the OP says this happens to me as well. I have to turn my iPad off for a couple of minutes then back on to reset it.

Happens everytime it loads for me - also cany get rid of the follow follow would like to send you notifications bar:mad:

I just click on the X to shut that down and it takes me to another screen asking a further question (maybe how often I want to be reminded about it?) where I click on 'never' and that's it - job done. Comes back after I delete cookies/clear cache, as you would expect, but its a simple process. You haven't got your device set to delete cookies every time you close the browser have you?

Anyone trying to run FF on a mobile device without either an adblocker or a 'blocking' browser such as Brave is nuts. Those little forum 'jumps' used to drive me crazy. AdBlock Plus on mobile devices and uBlock Origin on desktop/pc and its perfect now.

regardless of what browser/adblocker combo i use it still does it, im use to it now lol
I've been using Opera browser on my pc for a few months and now use it on my phone. Built in ad blocker and free unlimited VPN, just enable it in settings. No trouble on FF since switching.

I've been using Opera browser on my pc for a few months and now use it on my phone. Built in ad blocker and free unlimited VPN, just enable it in settings. No trouble on FF since switching.
I'm using Opera on my phone as well. No problems browsing FF.

Glad it works for you - but be cautious about the Opera VPN. I've just posted this in the VPN thread:

For those who use the free, built-in VPN on Opera its worth having a read of this review in full, though I've included some extracts below. Particularly if you are having buffering. It is scathing of the reduction in speed as a result of using this VPN.

As an example, based on that review, on a notional 100Mbps connection Opera VPN slowed things down to around 7Mbps. That's just 7% of the notional available speed. :eek: The likes of NordVPN, ExpressVPN and PIA are achieving around the 80Mbps mark, or 80%, on the same system.

In fact, they say its not a true VPN anyway. As they say though, its FREE. The drawbacks are fairly significant on many levels however:

We trade off some internet speed for a secure proxy or VPN connection. That’s just the nature of the beast.

But when huge chunks of performance are siphoned off in the name of anonymity, it becomes a problem.

There are VPNs out there that can still achieve fast speeds while hiding your activity. So you don’t have to settle for slowness.

But Opera VPN slows your system down by quite a bit.

We tested Opera’s European server and another in America, recording the speed levels as we went.

The results were not great.

Our European server test was abysmal, with speeds plummeting down into unacceptable territory.

Opera’s VPN connection was almost the slowest we’ve tested, ranking 74 out of 78.

DO I RECOMMEND OPERA VPN?

Nope.

This is a free VPN and you don’t need to buy it, but it’s STILL not even worth using.

Jurisdiction issues, leaks, no kill switch, no torrenting, and no customer support. This is like my ultimate VPN nightmare.

The only reason you should even consider using this product is if you want to use a VPN to watch Netflix. But even then, you can’t select a country to connect to, so you have no idea which regional content you’ll get.

And to top it all off, it’s not even a VPN.

It’s a proxy misrepresenting itself.

Which means there is no encryption, no tunneling, no protection, and no device support.

There is no silver lining here. There is no “well maybe if you wanna do this, it’s ok.”

This is just a bad VPN option.

Out of the 78 VPNs we’ve reviewed, we rank Opera VPN at number 76.

Last edited:
I just click on the X to shut that down and it takes me to another screen asking a further question (maybe how often I want to be reminded about it?) where I click on 'never' and that's it - job done. Comes back after I delete cookies/clear cache, as you would expect, but its a simple process. You haven't got your device set to delete cookies every time you close the browser have you?

Nah its because of the pop up adverts on the bottom of the screen - i can click no but it opens a second box with a follow up question which is blocked by a pop up

Yip I did notice this n thought it was my phone once it settles down then your post sends easily enough

Glad it works for you - but be cautious about the Opera VPN. I've just posted this in the VPN thread:

For those who use the free, built-in VPN on Opera its worth having a read of this review in full, though I've included some extracts below. Particularly if you are having buffering. It is scathing of the reduction in speed as a result of using this VPN. In fact, they say its not a true VPN anyway. As they say though, its FREE. The drawbacks are fairly significant on many levels however:

We trade off some internet speed for a secure proxy or VPN connection. That’s just the nature of the beast.

But when huge chunks of performance are siphoned off in the name of anonymity, it becomes a problem.

There are VPNs out there that can still achieve fast speeds while hiding your activity. So you don’t have to settle for slowness.

But Opera VPN slows your system down by quite a bit.

We tested Opera’s European server and another in America, recording the speed levels as we went.

The results were not great.

Our European server test was abysmal, with speeds plummeting down into unacceptable territory.

Opera’s VPN connection was almost the slowest we’ve tested, ranking 74 out of 78.

DO I RECOMMEND OPERA VPN?

Nope.

This is a free VPN and you don’t need to buy it, but it’s STILL not even worth using.

Jurisdiction issues, leaks, no kill switch, no torrenting, and no customer support. This is like my ultimate VPN nightmare.

The only reason you should even consider using this product is if you want to use a VPN to watch Netflix. But even then, you can’t select a country to connect to, so you have no idea which regional content you’ll get.

And to top it all off, it’s not even a VPN.

It’s a proxy misrepresenting itself.

Which means there is no encryption, no tunneling, no protection, and no device support.

There is no silver lining here. There is no “well maybe if you wanna do this, it’s ok.”

This is just a bad VPN option.

Out of the 78 VPNs we’ve reviewed, we rank Opera VPN at number 76.
Free VPN's throttle your bandwidth id steer clear

Free VPN's throttle your bandwidth id steer clear

Basically what I'm saying mate. As an example, based on that review, on a notional 100Mbps connection Opera VPN slowed things down to around 7Mbps. That's just 7% of the notional available speed. :eek: The likes of NordVPN, ExpressVPN and PIA are achieving around the 80Mbps, or 80%, on the same system.

Its also not secure (if that matters to you).

Basically what I'm saying mate. As an example, based on that review, on a notional 100Mbps connection Opera VPN slowed things down to around 7Mbps. That's just 7% of the notional available speed. :eek: The likes of NordVPN, ExpressVPN and PIA are achieving around the 80Mbps, or 80%, on the same system.

Its also not secure (if that matters to you).
Yip, they send your connection halfway around the world before it comes back. Sometimes they can be useful if you need a protected network when using a public connection but some of the paid versions go for between £6/£15 a month

Yip, they send your connection halfway around the world before it comes back. Sometimes they can be useful if you need a protected network when using a public connection but some of the paid versions go for between £6/£15 a month

I use Private Internet Access (PIA). Its not ranked highest (its 10th in that list) but it is rated one of the fastest - and is secure if you ignore the whole '5 eyes' thing (which I do). Cost me the equivalent of under £3 a month on a two year subscription paid up front. Huge range of servers across Europe, which is what you want for RangersTV.

Anyway, we digress….

I get it on the mobile version of Chrome, even with ad blocker. The screen jumps up. I have just started using Brave in the last few days as recommended above so will see how that goes.

Back