Porto interested in Morelos

Wouldn't quite say 'much more inconsistent', he had a rough patch after the Lille bid but prior to Christmas he was still playing well, just not top level, second half of the season he was brilliant. He showed a completely different side to his game and how adaptable he is, that is a highly sought after attribute. While you say he didn't tear up the Europa like before, he finished top of the assist charts this year. Might not have scored as many this year, but he assisted a barrel load and his all round play went up a notch.
Sorry, we're just here to cherry pick the negative data because we all prefer Penoard who is worth 20 mil plus for a year despite never doing it in Europe

That would see us looking to sell, or extend, the following this transfer window:

McGregor, McLaughlin, Firth, Goldson, Helander, Katic, Balogun, Edmundson, Kamara, Aribo, Jack, Arfield, Davis, Kent, Jones, Barker, Hastie, Middleton, Morelos and Defoe.

Busy times for Ross Wilson.;)

Well yeah, they’ll need new deals and particularly the higher value players.

We don't know any agreements made between the club and Alfie. To say we won't sell for 12m is not taking into account the discussions from last Summer, the buying club and Alfie's intentions.

I wouldn't be surprised if we accept that from someone like Porto with a sell-on clause.

No way should we sell Alfredo for less than 20million
Especially if we can win league next season with his goal s straight into champions league
12 million ur having a laugh
i also believe a English club with pay what the board want if they do sell him
Alfredo here for 56

Too many not listening DG. We did knock back a better bid last year but that was because we expected more bidders.
The fact is that there are not a lot of bidders and none from the EPL
I truly hope Alfie goes for over £20m but I think it’ll be less than £15m
Not listening to what?
Another poster’s opinion?
Do you have a knowledge that we/I don’t.

Times have changed, 18m last year isn't going to be replicated this window. 12m is low but if we need an injection of cash we might need to take it with a sell on clause.
We run the risk of a player downing tools if they don't get their preferred move.

Seems like a lot of posters on here are wishing Alfie away? Strange.
It’s very strange isn’t it ? A columbian international aged 24 amongst the goals two years running in the Europa league and now a league champion , a fantastic link player fulcrum up front and people are willing to accept £12 mill because of Covid . Miles out . The minimum we will accept is £18 the board proved this last season .

Wouldn't quite say 'much more inconsistent', he had a rough patch after the Lille bid but prior to Christmas he was still playing well, just not top level, second half of the season he was brilliant. He showed a completely different side to his game and how adaptable he is, that is a highly sought after attribute. While you say he didn't tear up the Europa like before, he finished top of the assist charts this year. Might not have scored as many this year, but he assisted a barrel load and his all round play went up a notch.
I did mention the Antwerp destruction, I think that was 80% of his total assists in the Europa across just those two games.
I think he did amend his game to suit the team more, dropping deep and leaving space in behind which definitely helped us break down the Uber-defensive teams we played against, but I am not sure that helps us sale value as much as it actually helps us in our performances.

I did mention the Antwerp destruction, I think that was 80% of his total assists in the Europa across just those two games.
I think he did amend his game to suit the team more, dropping deep and leaving space in behind which definitely helped us break down the Uber-defensive teams we played against, but I am not sure that helps us sale value as much as it actually helps us in our performances.

You just sitting wae a wee notebook finding ways of downplaying his stats? Thank %^*& your no in charge

Thats exactly why we never sold. Not sure why people think we would sell for less than that now. Its bizarre logic actually, considering this year, hes now got a league winners medal and become a more complete player.

Because the player might be keen to leave this time and we may have an agreement with him given he’s remained longer than anticipated.

The market will decide his value. Not us, unfortunately.

Not listening to what?
Another poster’s opinion?
Do you have a knowledge that we/I don’t.
Not listening to facts.
1. We knocked back one bid because we expected more bids, none came.

2. No offers yet from the big spending leagues, England, Germany, Spain or Italy

I don’t want to sell Alfie but that doesn’t mean I think we will get over £20m if we do. I trust the Board to make the right call.

Morelos needs to move on sooner than later!
We can't be going on with is he leaving or staying?
The manager needs to plan his guaranteed first eleven for next year?

So, Thanks for the memories mate but nobodies bigger than our club club,
It won't be long till he is wishing he was back at Ibrox singing sweet Caroline?

Just like many that have left our great club for pastures new?

Seems like a lot of posters on here are wishing Alfie away? Strange.

My view has changed. Im now of the opinion we should sell. I appreciate his game has changed but Im not convinced its for the better. Id take 15 million.

Morelos needs to move on sooner than later!
We can't be going on with is he leaving or staying?
The manager needs to plan his guaranteed first eleven for next year?

So, Thanks for the memories mate but nobodies bigger than our club club,
It won't be long till he is wishing he was back at Ibrox singing sweet Caroline?

Just like many that have left our great club for pastures new?
Seems oddly negative towards Morelos. That's the sort of attitude we had towards Windass when he left, not the guy who fought his way to 55 and is going to make us a fortune

When you factor in sell on clauses being a % of profit, if we sold him for £12m to Porto and had a 20% (which is pretty high) we'd need Porto to sell him for £42m just to make that extra £6m up.

At 12 million surley it must be higher than that. 40 or nothing. Porto are still getting a bargain at 12 million. I think he's capable of performing there and if he does 42 million isn't far fetched what epl clubs would pay for a Porto player performing well.

Because the player might be keen to leave this time and we may have an agreement with him given he’s remained longer than anticipated.

The market will decide his value. Not us, unfortunately.

So we paid 6m essentially to keep Morelos for a year, that seems like a sensible business decision and not something based in reality.

There will be serious questions over the board imo if they were to accept 12m after turning down the offer last year, covid or not, i would rather keep him for another year if thats the case and let the market get back to a more nomal state.

Not listening to facts.
1. We knocked back one bid because we expected more bids, none came.

2. No offers yet from the big spending leagues, England, Germany, Spain or Italy

I don’t want to sell Alfie but that doesn’t mean I think we will get over £20m if we do. I trust the Board to make the right call.
Are these actually facts though?
Is it opinions or is there proof to be read somewhere?
I note you don't mention France.

For what it's worth our board wanted the same as what the other mob got from Dembele which was £18m due to the pandemic we may shift the goalposts to something like £16m or so but nothing silly and with a good sell on clause obviously

Back