Possibility of Scum in last 16

I don't think the city of Glasgow and Strathclyde police could handle 3 old firm fixtures in one month. If it was to happen they would come to Ibrox on the 15th in the league then the first leg of the europa last 16 would be on the 19th.

Rather we had Copenhagen
ENcdvIJ.gif

Is it possible we could get them in the final?

Not that it's ever going to happen but can you imagine? I think both clubs would probably end up getting banned from European football for a long time.

Gdansk wouldn't be able to cope.
Outwith Glasgow, nowhere would be able to cope. Us and them converging on any city would be disastrous.

Big name wise I want Man United or Arsenal. Easier tie on paper I'd want Alkmar or Basel. As for the scum I'd rather avoid them as it's a fixture that all eyes will be on like a previous poster said FARE and UEFA will be all over it

The hype would be unprecedented, the clubs could and probably would charge what they wanted, 110,000 tickets, cheapest brief at 60 quid, there would be really good money to be made.

It would be utter bedlam, can you imagine the scenes if/when we knocked them out.
Europa league has a price cap of 41 pounds on tickets

For us to be drawn together, scud them both times and their season to implode as we secure 55. I think I could die a happy man after said events.

If we were to get them in last 16 then there would be extra carnage as we would be playing them in the league between the Euro games.

Thu - 1st Leg
Sun - League at Ibrox
Thu - 2nd Leg

A week of carnage. If we were to put them out of Europe and win the league game it would end them.
Ooft. That would be unbelievable. Don’t know if my heart could take it.

I can just imagine the SFA getting straight on the phone to UEFA is this happened.

“Eh guys since it’s an all Scottish tie it really makes sense to just use Scottish officials, Kevin Clancy is available and would be our best recommendation! It just doesn’t make sense to appoint foreign officials with an all Scottish tie, honestly guys it’s pointless, please don’t appoint foreign officials! Or if you must have a foreign a referee Kevin would be happy to settle for taking control of VAR”

Imagine the buildup to the draw if we both qualify, let alone the game if it happened.

Not that it's ever going to happen but can you imagine? I think both clubs would probably end up getting banned from European football for a long time.

I'd rather they get knocked out in this round tbh

If both clubs qualified for last 16 then the chance would be approx 7% initially. However after 1st tie drawn the possibility increases to 8%. After that 9%. In other words a 1 in 4 chance when only 12 teams left to be drawn,
A proper mathematician could properly calculate the odds

Yes of course it’s possible if we both keep winning and avoid each other in the draws, highly unlikely but what a night that would be.

Correct .

We are all buzzing from that comeback last night and rightly so , but without alfie in Braga against that level of opposition we probably have no more than a 10% chance of going through . Braga could win the tournament IMO
I’d definitely say more than 10% chance considering we have a 3-2 lead. More than capable of getting a draw or better.

If it ended up us v them in the final they would have to play it at Hampden.

No way could they risk it being in Poland, it would ne chaos across Europe with both sets of fans travelling on the same planes and trains.

Correct .

We are all buzzing from that comeback last night and rightly so , but without alfie in Braga against that level of opposition we probably have no more than a 10% chance of going through . Braga could win the tournament IMO
I was going to say' don't talk Shite ' but that's all you ever do;)
I think we will win the away leg

Correct .

Agree about Alfie,but we didnt show up for 45mins,2nd half they shit the bed through some amazing individual skill,which went through the team.braga are a top side,so are we when we decide to show up.we show up next week we go through.

As both clubs are in with a shout of qualifying for the last 16 it got me wondering; have we ever been close to drawing the scum in Europe before?
I remember my Old man mentioning it before...not sure if he was right or not.
2 penalties to us through VAR and a red for Brown.
And that just in the first leg.
4-0 going to the piggery.
It would be carnage!

I know it’s only tongue in cheek stuff people saying we go to Braga and win , but just to keep it real -

How many away wins have we had in Europe under Gerrard ? 3 out of 14 games , all in qualifiers - Mitjalland, St Joseph’s, Osijek .

How good are Braga in comparison to any team we have played in the past two years ? Certainly on par with Porto .

How much will we miss Alfie leading the line on Wednesday and giving their whole defence something to worry about ?

The last 25 mins aside , how bad is our form currently ?

As delighted as we are with our comeback and the grit shown by our players , even on top form with Alfie on fire we do not win many away in Europe - it’s a tad silly and irresponsible to suggest we will stroll into Braga and win the match .

If we play to our best and Braga have an off night we could get the draw that sees us through . That’s reality .

Last edited:
Copenhagen to go through with a last minute penalty just minutes after the Tim’s have had a goal chocked off through VAR as Forrests neck was marginally offside

My dream is Man Utd - imagine Gerrard striding into Old Trafford - the whole world would be watching that one, plus we’d have a great chance.
I was just thinking the same when I watched their first leg highlights.
Times really have changed and we could knock them about a bit, especially with an inform Aribo and Hagi

If we were to get them in last 16 then there would be extra carnage as we would be playing them in the league between the Euro games.

Thu - 1st Leg
Sun - League at Ibrox
Thu - 2nd Leg

A week of carnage. If we were to put them out of Europe and win the league game it would end them.

And I’d miss them all as I’m travelling for work :mad: I’m already pissed at missing the league game on 15th, this would be a nightmare. Although beating them three times in a week would be delightful :))

Correct .

I put our chances a lot higher than that. They seem to be a team set up to counter attack and looking at their home record there’s a lot of single goal victories against weak league opposition but some whopping away wins including a 1-7 in the league. Their defence looked very shaky when we turned it up a notch.

With Ryan Jack back and a much more confident and composed performance I reckon we can sneak a draw or a single goal victory.

%^*& it, 5-0 Rangers

Hypothetically obviously as the thread is bit would one match be an early kick off?

Back