Possibly 8th signing by end of the week

Scarlett

Said it countless times before on here, but we would be far better off pouring our money into first team wages rather than transfer fees. You get a much better hit rate in the transfer market when you prioritise that way.
Yup! Exactly. Folk forget that players need paid, a £5m player needs paid £5m player wages. If we can spend less on transfer fees and use that money to sign top quality free agents or promising young players by offering them a decent package then we should. IMO the Aribo signing is an example of a good bit of business from the club.

Valley Bluenose

One of the main reasons Worrall played so many games is he had a clause in his loan contract stipulating a minimum number of games to be played, or Forest would recall him.

I'd imagine that the clause also contained financial penalties for not playing a set amount of minutes, but we can't be sure on that.
Only that isn’t - quite - correct. The clause stipulated that if he hadn’t played 19 games by the Winter break they COULD, if they chose to, recall him. It’s an entirely different thing. Gerrard played Worrall because he thought, at that stage, he was the better option. It really is that simple despite the love for Katic on here.

bornabluenose

One of the main reasons Worrall played so many games is he had a clause in his loan contract stipulating a minimum number of games to be played, or Forest would recall him.

I'd imagine that the clause also contained financial penalties for not playing a set amount of minutes, but we can't be sure on that.
Seems like we have gone round and round on this argument for months.

Taking aside the stipulated number of games argument, do you really think that clubs are going to be eager to loan players to ANY club that doesn't play them .

Especially when it's a development player.

That goes for any club , not just ours .

There is a certain pressure to play a young loanee and if you want future loan players from the same source you have to be seen to be doing it the right way.

It's logic and common sense .

11huistra11

Mad how people are arguing over just stab in the dark guesses about who the player is :D

Nobody knows and thats the way it should be the ITK’ers will be beelin :cool:

Bothwell Street Bear

Worral wasnt even close to as bad as some people are making out. He was outstanding against celtic at Ibrox in December, outstanding in the big europa league games aswell. One bad mistake against killie and a few loose passes here and there seriously cloud peoples judgement
He really wasn’t that bad. Rangers/FF needs a whipping boy though.

Tagsbear

he be an abortion of a signing.
theres no positive spin on him signing here at all.

financially to his dwindling ability, that wasn't exactly stunning to start with
So I keep hearing, and I have no idea either way, but Fernebace trying to get him to sign a new deal seems strange if he's that bad now.

Bluetothecore

Bollocks mate to most of that.
I take it you never watched him yesterday? Probably had a better game than Tav, defended ok, crossing was good (1 assist) and scored from free kick.
Naw it’s all correct! On his career so far at rangers.
On last night 1 decent ball into the box n a free kick apart from that didn’t see what would make him a main stay in our team.
I go on performances not how much he cost and he’s in the Croatian national team at the moment.

Jaws II

Why was he subbed against the mighty Hamilton then?

He was having a terrible game and was lucky he wasnt taken off at half time.
First game in ages on their shit pitch, yet he didn’t cause any goals. Worrall caused goals as did Goldson when not under pressure due to poor use of the ball and also due to getting in each other’s way.
Both of them had far worse games for Rangers and were never subbed.
It is my only real area of worry with SG is whether he can recognise a good CH, seems to think they all have to play like his ex team mate Jamie Carragher.

Big Buff

Only that isn’t - quite - correct. The clause stipulated that if he hadn’t played 19 games by the Winter break they COULD, if they chose to, recall him. It’s an entirely different thing. Gerrard played Worrall because he thought, at that stage, he was the better option. It really is that simple despite the love for Katic on here.
Sure, but the difference is academic, as Forest did try to recall him even though we had satisfied the conditions of the loan.

Anyway, not much point going over this again.

Le Capitan

Official Ticketer
What I would prefer to see is a defender who can cover both centre back and a full back position in the squad.

I think it would have been far more useful to have someone who could combine those two roles than someone like Matt Polster being in the squad.

ICA_86

The lack of leaks is nice for a change.

Not totally convinced it won’t be Deli but I’m just hoping it’s not someone like an Ashley Williams. Read he’s turned down a big money move abroad to stay domestic.

Knightswoodbear

What I find strange regarding Barisic, is that the main argument most of his supporters have is "He's a regular for Croatia." Even though at best he's been a dissapointment for us so far (last night excepted). I wonder how many of these people would have stuck up for Bruno Alves with the same defence, that he was a regular for Portugal (FWIW I thought that Alves did ok and took a lot of flack for nothing).

Big Buff

Little bit disappointed I won't be able to use the many Deli puns I had lined up.

The fact that it hasn't been leaked anywhere yet is really odd. Makes me wonder if it's another loan signing, as there's less to be gained for either the player or the selling club by leaking the deal if it's a loan.

Starting Anew

This is being quickly forgotten, Katic is still a young man and will be managed properly by the Management team.
There was a story that i’ve heard in a few places that Katic had some personal issues to deal with and that is why he was dropped for so long. I have no idea what they were but the implication was that it was some sort of family tragedy not anything concerning.

Like I say, it’s just hearsay and I have no idea of details but it does make sense to me. He rarely had an actively bad performance to be dropped and never complained about being dropped but seemed to always love the club and put a lot of work in when not playing. Also goes along with the gaffer always seeming to be very protective of young talent.

If we get a player to displace Katic or Goldson then great because they will be a very very good player. But I do think Katic will be immense in his career and is another that we will be privileged to watch playing for us before he one day heads to the big leagues for huge amounts.

Bluetothecore

Hahaha what a fucking red neck.

Straight on to the clueless list.
Lol so he had a great game!
Aw naw last year so many went on the two Osijek games, aw great player had two gd games last year.
Looks like this will be the one he lives of this year.
The boy hasn’t the heart or the fight for rangers simple as that.

LoganBear

Official Ticketer
Little bit disappointed I won't be able to use the many Deli puns I had lined up.

The fact that it hasn't been leaked anywhere yet is really odd. Makes me wonder if it's another loan signing, as there's less to be gained for either the player or the selling club by leaking the deal if it's a loan.
Think stevie G said yesterday it was a permanent signing we were looking at bro.

Bowery Boy

Lol so he had a great game!
Aw naw last year so many went on the two Osijek games, aw great player had two gd games last year.
Looks like this will be the one he lives of this year.
The boy hasn’t the heart or the fight for rangers simple as that.
Simple indeed.

Union Jack 1872

There was a story that i’ve heard in a few places that Katic had some personal issues to deal with and that is why he was dropped for so long. I have no idea what they were but the implication was that it was some sort of family tragedy not anything concerning.

Like I say, it’s just hearsay and I have no idea of details but it does make sense to me. He rarely had an actively bad performance to be dropped and never complained about being dropped but seemed to always love the club and put a lot of work in when not playing. Also goes along with the gaffer always seeming to be very protective of young talent.

If we get a player to displace Katic or Goldson then great because they will be a very very good player. But I do think Katic will be immense in his career and is another that we will be privileged to watch playing for us before he one day heads to the big leagues for huge amounts.
I’ve heard the same but as you say it was only hearsay and I have no decent source on it so didn’t want to speculate.

Katic will go for big money or be with us for a long time if his development continues the way it’s going.

I also have 100% faith in the management team so if they think we need a first pick CB and Katic doesn’t play as much then so be it,

Think they planned a lot more rotation last Season but McAuley never worked out how they planned.