Postecoglou really is a wee blouse

Red tops spinning absolute nonsense to the gullible imo. Will we care when they spin it the other way ? No of course not. We will call out as blatant nonsense. More people interested in what that fat mess has to say than our results on the park.

ANGE POSTECOGLOU couldn't resist firing a barb back in David Martindale's direction after the Livi boss said that the Celtic boss had the luxury of a budget '30 to 35 times' the one he has to play with.

Speaking in his own press conference today, Postecoglou couldn't resist firing a little barb back in Martindale's direction.
"I think he tells us that on a weekly basis, doesn't he?
"So there's no secret there.

Chequebook Charlie has everything going for him just now but seems to be very easily riled and lacks self control.
An Alex Ferguson type would rip him to shreds.
Martindale was only stating a fact. Angie, pathetic man that he is, can't handle that fact because he knows his success so far is down to outspending the whole league. Angie also knows his tactics are pathetic and have resulted in embarrassing results in Europe.

We need to put more pressure on him and abomination fc. He will fold. All talk, no backbone.

Red tops spinning absolute nonsense to the gullible imo. Will we care when they spin it the other way ? No of course not. We will call out as blatant nonsense. More people interested in what that fat mess has to say than our results on the park.
It would be blatant nonsense when the red tops spin that we are biggest team in Scotland with biggest fanbase? Please explain.
The fact is Beale made a throw away comment, that wasn't even a dig but a fact, some weeks ago and it still rankles with the fat antipodean wank. He is mentally weak. He hasn't faced anyone willing to not bow down to him and laud him.
Regards our results on the park since Beale came in, what's the issue? People are interested in a 90% win rate. People are interested in getting to a cup final. People are interested in our play, determination and desire improving.

Off the top of my head, do you seriously believe that both the sheep and Dundee United at home regularly bust a gut against Celtc, as they do against us. ?
They don’t it’s clear the effort levels are much higher against us

He’s clearly quite thin skinned, beales comment still lingering in his mind. I have a feeling next season won’t be as confortable for him, Beale here now and I think we’ll look like quite the force next season in the league. Would top it all off if beale went and won the two cups this season, would certainly see the pressure start to build on gravy veins.

If we can win the two cups this season, and create some noise about how Eddie Howe would have had them performing much better in Europe, he’ll start to eat himself alive.

He’s hilariously thin skinned.
Ye Eddie Howe jibe is perfect he would combust like a hotdog

fat boy is a passive-aggressive control freak, he always has to have the last word in any way possible to make it look like he's in control, as seen with the latest pish about being the biggest club

any sort of pressure in the league and his meltdown will be glorious

Guy is a fat mess,

Walking heart attack if you will,once we start putting pressure on him he will fold like a cheap suit

Craig Levein called out his dire European record on Sportsound last night - was nearly lynched by the rest of the panel for his pesky facts..
Just listened to it it's like a celtic podcast the new Japanese guy they just signed will go for big money next year Kyogo will walk into any top 4 team in England. Levein was the only one to point out the same players couldn't do it in Europe

Just listened to it it's like a celtic podcast the new Japanese guy they just signed will go for big money next year Kyogo will walk into any top 4 team in England. Levein was the only one to point out the same players couldn't do it in Europe
Kyogo wouldn't get into the bottom four teams in the Premier League.

They don’t it’s clear the effort levels are much higher against us
It's not just specific clubs, I would suggest that a sizeable number of SPFL players who are fans of theirs double their efforts against us, and drop down a notch in their intensity against them.

Nobody will convince me otherwise.

Biggest fan base lol. Green seats aren't fans Fat Ange. Check out travelling support numbers.

With a reputation as a woman beater back in Australia with his temper he really needs to pipe down a little..
Or compare support numbers when we were in the bottom tier and they were at the top.

What's daft about saying that a manager who has spent £50 million in 18 months is fortunate to have had that amount to spend?

It's an absolute fortune in Scottish football terms.

Because the spending club has generated 90% of the spend from player trading. If people are going to deny that 'cheque-book manager' isnt exclusively aimed at high net-spenders then I give up, because its a lie.

Doesn't it twig with people that Beale and David Martindale are the only ones hitting out with this?

We are making ourselves sound small with this chat, and even smaller with the number of people giving it the "he's been got at with that comment"

Wouldn't have anyone else in charge than Beale, but he/us haven't "got at" anyone yet.

However, I pure love Big Ange so ah dae (apparently)

It would be blatant nonsense when the red tops spin that we are biggest team in Scotland with biggest fanbase? Please explain.
The fact is Beale made a throw away comment, that wasn't even a dig but a fact, some weeks ago and it still rankles with the fat antipodean wank. He is mentally weak. He hasn't faced anyone willing to not bow down to him and laud him.
Regards our results on the park since Beale came in, what's the issue? People are interested in a 90% win rate. People are interested in getting to a cup final. People are interested in our play, determination and desire improving.
We blew our opportunity to get the gap down to 6 points - that was absolutely crucial & would have at least put some pressure on him. Instead, our players didn't deal with the pressure.

Tell you what, the Celtic fans are easy to spot on here. A look at the ones backing the fat gravy drinker, little click on their profile and seeing their post history. Should be easy to have a little cleanup.

There are also people like me who don't like our manager talking like we're minnows.

You'd genuinely think we'd closed the gap to about a point based upon this thread.

I've spoken to multiple folk IRL & twitter who find this chat about their spend pretty pathetic. Not once has anyone disagreed, let alone being accused of being a Tim.

Thats the limit of some folk's ability to converse on here at times though

Biggest fan base lol. Green seats aren't fans Fat Ange. Check out travelling support numbers.

With a reputation as a woman beater back in Australia with his temper he really needs to pipe down a little..
What is this about a wife beater? Just being slanderous, or is there evidence to back this up?

There are also people like me who don't like our manager talking like we're minnows.

You'd genuinely think we'd closed the gap to about a point based upon this thread.

I've spoken to multiple folk IRL & twitter who find this chat about their spend pretty pathetic. Not once has anyone disagreed, let alone being accused of being a Tim.

So our manager is pathetic for pointing out a fact? Ok

Out of interest, money aside for which Celtic have spent significantly more, even net spend.
Since Beale came in how many more points have Celtic won than us?

So our manager is pathetic for pointing out a fact? Ok

The claim is pathetic, yes.

Net spend defines a 'chequebook manager', not the gross.

Steven Gerrard had a net spend of about £20m at least, he wasn't a chequebook manager either.

They've been fitted hugely from getting good fees for their assets, despite their contracts running down.

Some are talking like there has already been a momentum shift.

Like I said, we sound small when we're joining in with the side w/ the lowest budget in the league on this matter.

Just go back to calling me one of them mate, it was slightly more logical than this post.
Even considering net spend, Celtic have spent and have access to significantly more money especially when you consider other expenditure. Beale working with significantly less resource, has amassed the same points as the gravy gurgler over the period.

P.s. nobody called YOU one of them, you weren't quoted or tagged or anything else. It's you came to that conclusion yourself. It is a wonder why you're so defensive.

Last edited:
Even considering net spend, Celtic have spent and have access to significantly more money and more so still when you consider salaries. Beale working with significantly less, has amassed the same points as the gravy gurgler.

P.s. nobody called YOU one of them, you came to that conclusion yourself.

Mate, if Gio hadn't screwed up the league last season & SG got us past Malmo, our net spend would probably be much higher than it has been past couple of years.

I'm a big fan of MB, noone else I'd realistically have as manager, I just find this narrative an unnecessary distraction & a bit petty.

I'm not praising them or their gaffer, either. If we won 3 league titles from next season onwards and made £40m selling the players who were pivotal to it, spending £35m to replace them, we wouldn't judge our own manager the same way.

I think the comments about their spend are more about our own disappointment & frustration.

I've acknowledged multiple times that he's been fortuitous in terms of them cashing in 2 big assets at the right time, but if we did the same & spent most of the money, it wouldn't make our manager a scattercash.

I'd love to see how the far greasy turd handles things if somehow we do begin to close the gap.
100%. I always thought if they begin to drop some points and if the gap gets closed to around 4/5 points with 2 Old Firm games to play, he and their fans will begin to lose it

Don’t think stating a fact is talking like we’re minnows. If this summer we spend 10m and they spend another £25m, then next summer we spend £10m and they spend another £25, it’s not being minnows to say it’s difficult to compete with that.

Hypothetically, if hearts uncovered an absolute gem of a player who they then sold for £50m and that entire £50m was spent on the team for a net spend of 0, and they then went and won the SPFL with their new £50m squad (whilst being pumped in Europe) would we all be sucking off Robbie Neilson for being the bestest manager ever, or would normal folk understand that having that amount of money to spend on this league provides a massive advantage.

At least TLB had a bit of a divided up bringing then played for that mob and NI which sparked a few of his crazy antics, behaviour and general person he is.

The distain I have for the kangaroo kunt is really bad.

I can’t stand listening to him wether it’s on the tele or radio, the sooner we as a club can shut the mouth piece up and send his rotten coupon back to Oz the better.

At least TLB had a bit of a divided up bringing then played for that mob and NI which sparked a few of his crazy antics, behaviour and general person he is.

The distain I have for the kangaroo kunt is really bad.

I can’t stand listening to him wether it’s on the tele or radio, the sooner we as a club can shut the mouth piece up and send his rotten coupon back to Oz the better.
I don't think he'll be there next season.

Did it really take him weeks to come up with that comeback? If he’s this rattled by a meaningless comment in a press conference, let’s see him under some actual pressure.

Looking forward to when he loses it properly like this. He's had it too easy and the below was before the gravy gurgling addition and obesity which can't be helping his blood pressure.

Last edited:
Mate, if Gio hadn't screwed up the league last season & SG got us past Malmo, our net spend would probably be much higher than it has been past couple of years.

I'm a big fan of MB, noone else I'd realistically have as manager, I just find this narrative an unnecessary distraction & a bit petty.

I'm not praising them or their gaffer, either. If we won 3 league titles from next season onwards and made £40m selling the players who were pivotal to it, spending £35m to replace them, we wouldn't judge our own manager the same way.

I think the comments about their spend are more about our own disappointment & frustration.

I've acknowledged multiple times that he's been fortuitous in terms of them cashing in 2 big assets at the right time, but if we did the same & spent most of the money, it wouldn't make our manager a scattercash.
'If' doing a lot of heavy lifted throughout this post.
Let's stick to facts. He is lucky, not as in fortuitous, to be in a position to be able to splash the cash. If that's down to their trading model then it points to ours being wrong, however, it doesn't take away from the fact he is in a position to spend more than we can. It isn't pathetic to point that out, it's a fact. We sort out our trading model and we can then be lucky to be able to get splash more cash.

'If' doing a lot of heavy lifted throughout this post.
Let's stick to facts. He is lucky, not as in fortuitous, to be in a position to be able to splash the cash. If that's down to their trading model then it points to ours being wrong, however, it doesn't take away from the fact he is in a position to spend more than we can. It isn't pathetic to point that out, it's a fact. We sort out our trading model and we can then be lucky to be able to get splash more cash.

I'm going to walk back 'pathetic', it's probably too strong for the point I'm trying to make.

Got to admit, it's probably a bit of pride on my part that annoys me about it hearing MB mention it if that makes sense?

Because the spending club has generated 90% of the spend from player trading. If people are going to deny that 'cheque-book manager' isnt exclusively aimed at high net-spenders then I give up, because its a lie.

Doesn't it twig with people that Beale and David Martindale are the only ones hitting out with this?

We are making ourselves sound small with this chat, and even smaller with the number of people giving it the "he's been got at with that comment"

Wouldn't have anyone else in charge than Beale, but he/us haven't "got at" anyone yet.

However, I pure love Big Ange so ah dae (apparently)
Beale hasn't been accused him of being a bad manager or a cheque book manager. Doesn't matter where the money has come from - he's at a bigger advantage than most other managers in scotland. You're allowed to point that out AND also say that you're a good manager with a club that is operationally sound.
just because you have money doesn't mean you can guarantee success. But if you're a decent manager and have a eye for a player then, added to the fact that you have far more transfer fees than the rest, then you do have an advantage that will no doubt play out.

During the Souness years that's all you heard. and i would say the same thing. we were lucky we had the funds and the vision to target the players we did (particulary in the mid 80s) - but we also had a very good manager and we bought incredibly well.

I'm sure Walter Smith (who also showed how to do it with no spending during three transfer windows) wouldn't have been going on about it if tommy burns called him 'lucky' in one interview.

Beale has also, on quite a few occasions, spoke about how he is lucky to be able to bring in players others in Scotland can't.

He gets more 'haves than have nots' he has said repeatedly, then goes on to praise the coaches in Scotland for getting the best out of their teams.

He accepts he is in a more privileged position.

For the big Fraggle eater to be still rabbling on about it, and even worse some of our fans to be backing the gigantic fucker is just weird.

Back