Pre order strips - when do they drop through the letterbox?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valley Bluenose

It isn’t a big deal for me, I just won’t pre-order anything. I wonder if it is a big deal for Castore to get all that money in a month ago?
Its a different debate I'd say, but I would agree that, for example, money should not be taken from cards until the goods are despatched. I still don't get the upset about stuff potentially arriving Monday instead of today.

Jaws II

Its a different debate I'd say, but I would agree that, for example, money should not be taken from cards until the goods are despatched. I still don't get the upset about stuff potentially arriving Monday instead of today.
If you pay extra money for something to get delivered on a specific date, then it should be delivered on that date, no matter who is sending it.
Being Castore or Rangers isn’t an excuse.

A1bertz

If this was a video game pre ordered and you never got it while your mate could go to Tesco later and pick it up - you'd be pretty annoyed.

Not a big issue for me. The boy doesn't know it's coming. I'll be going to the store from now on anyway.

gennaro

Please find our UK shipping rates below:

Hermes - Standard £4.95
Royal Mail - Tracked Standard£5.50
Hermes - Next Day£6.95
Royal Mail - Tracked Next Day£7.95

To contact us regarding all shipping you can email us at concierge@rangersstore.co.uk

Was there an option to choose a shipping method at time of purchase?

Valley Bluenose

If you pay extra money for something to get delivered on a specific date, then it should be delivered on that date, no matter who is sending it.
Being Castore or Rangers isn’t an excuse.
It says out for delivery today, not delivered today.
Nothing to do with it being Castore or, by default, Rangers mate. The phrase 'due out for delivery on 1 Aug' can be interpreted in two clear ways. As I've said earlier, from the retailers viewpoint as soon as he's handed it over to the courier service it is 'out for delivery' - and has been, hopefully, handed over on or before 1 Aug. However, I accept that you could read the same phrase and interpret it as being delivered on 1 Aug. Its not clear-cut. To me, at least.

I'm, sure Hermes 'regular' delivery cost is close to £5 in any case - and its not guaranteed next day delivery either. Though you'd expect Castore would have a discount on that for being a bulk customer.

legalbeagle

they could have just made it clearer, this is a weirdly unique situation. Many fans love buying the new shirt and haven’t been able to for years, basically the fan base then spend £3m in 24 hours, and it may have been an idea to manage their expectations better.

It will make no great difference to my life but I do feel a bit disappointed (I wouldn’t go any further than that!)

colinl

Its not the point off not turning up today the point is people took out my gers memberships to guarantee a pre order then u find out u can walk into fat mans jumble sale shops on mondsy and get it off the shelf

Jaws II

Nothing to do with it being Castore or, by default, Rangers mate. The phrase 'due out for delivery on 1 Aug' can be interpreted in two clear ways. As I've said earlier, from the retailers viewpoint as soon as he's handed it over to the courier service it is 'out for delivery' - and has been, hopefully, handed over on or before 1 Aug. However, I accept that you could read the same phrase and interpret it as being delivered on 1 Aug. Its not clear-cut. To me, at least.
You are missing the point. Once you pay extra for posting it should be delivered on that day. If not they should pay you back the postage cost.
If this was something I bought online from a shop and I payed postage of £5 (pretty expensive) then I expect it on the date they say i will receive it.
If it doesn’t come then why the %^*& are you paying the extra £5.
It seems you are just making excuses because it is the Rangers jersey.

Valley Bluenose

You are missing the point. Once you pay extra for posting it should be delivered on that day. If not they should pay you back the postage cost.
If this was something I bought online from a shop and I payed postage of £5 (pretty expensive) then I expect it on the date they say i will receive it.
@gennaro has posted the Shipping Costs above. £5 doesn't seem to cover next day delivery. I do though agree £5 is on the expensive side.

erskine bear

You are paying £5 for it to be delivered in general, not to be delivered on day X. IMO £5 is standard for delivery, Amazon et al is usually £7-10 for me. Each to their own i suppose.

Jaws II

You are paying £5 for it to be delivered in general, not to be delivered on day X. IMO £5 is standard for delivery, Amazon et al is usually £7-10 for me. Each to their own i suppose.
I ordered some stuff from Clarins for
My wife to get guaranteed delivery at a certain time on a certain day (paid £7 for it) . Normal delivery was 3.99.
I got it at the time they said.
If you pay the extra and you still haven’t received it that is a poor start especially when you will be able to get it from fat bastards shop.
It is not going to be of vital importance not life or death :))but I don’t like people taking money off me for %^*& all service.

Radgey

Piss poor from Castore imo. Folk have paid £50 to be a MyGers member then bought these tops for another £65, inc. P&P so you'd expect to have received it today in time for the match.

Meanwhile you'll be able to buy gear in shops from next week. Just makes you think what was the whole point of going crazy 4 weeks ago to get one of the original 50k that went on sale - there was no discernible benefit.

Valley Bluenose

I ordered some stuff from Clarins for
My wife to get guaranteed delivery at a certain time on a certain day (paid £7 for it) . Normal delivery was 3.99.
I got it at the time they said.
If you pay the extra and you still haven’t received it that is a poor start especially when you will be able to get it from fat bastards shop.
It is not going to be of vital importance not life or death :))but I don’t like people taking money off me for %^*& all service.
Have you 'paid extra' though? Circa £5 seems to be the 'regular' delivery price - next day delivery options are more expensive. Though I take the point that on ordering only one price was offered, which I'd assume to be the regular price for 'standard' delivery.

Realger34

Please find our UK shipping rates below:

Hermes - Standard£4.95
Royal Mail - Tracked Standard£5.50
Hermes - Next Day£6.95
Royal Mail - Tracked Next Day£7.95

To contact us regarding all shipping you can email us at concierge@rangersstore.co.uk

Was there an option to choose a shipping method at time of purchase?
Anyone who chooses Hermes wants shot with a ball of their own shit. :))

Terrible courier.

karanja

Please correct me if I'm wrong but when you preordered the home shirt there was no choice of delivery unlike this morning with the away shirt.

I honestly thought I would get my shirt today.

CR5

Had no dispatch email, messaged castore on instagram with my order number to ask about it's status, they confirmed it was sent and had an email sent to me immediately.

weetoonbear85

We clearly have different ways of interpreting 'due out for delivery on 1 Aug'. Which is fine, I can see how it can be taken both ways.

Is it really such a big deal for you? If so, you have my sympathies.
I will live if it doesn’t arrive til midweek but it is misleading what Castore have documented. All entitled to an opinion mate so respect yours. Enjoy your weekend with or without a home shirt

Status
Not open for further replies.