Problems logging into RTV

Got it on iOS App. No button though. VPN on, click on Matches in bottom menu bar and then click on the match details - there’s no actual button to click on. Takes you to the next page, click on Play and it’s currently showing the Ross County game.
I'm hoping that's a filler until the real deal kicks in

I’m wondering if those with playback issues have some other app that’s conflicting with RTV?

Just another thought, are any of the iPhones having app issues jailbroken?

Neither of my phones are, and both play the app ok with different iOS versions and about 5 years age between both phones.
Most of the guys I’ve been helping are over 60s so I suspect the jailbroken idea might not apply to them. Certainly something that might be impacting others I guess.

Hi mate, decided to do a test, I have an old iPhone 6 running iOS 12.4.3 and installed the new RTV app.

I signed in and tried playing a video and it’s running perfectly so I don’t think the issues are related to the age of the iPhone.
The phone I use is iPhone 11 with 14.4 that I run the app on for regular use, for comparison.
It's a strange one WL. I'm no Bill Gates but have some knowledge re this stuff. That's me tried on 4 iphones running various versions of s/w version 14 and still no luck.

None of the iphones are jailbroken.

First thing I would say is how are you managing to cast it to Chromecast? Lots of folk finding with the new App they don't get the Chromecast option. I don't cast so maybe there's a way to do it without the App?

Videos still playing in 1080p for me on Desktop.

I am assuming you have been through the whole Create New Account process and then downloaded the new App in the aftermath as well?
I'm on not doing it through the app but logging into the mobile site, which is what I usually do.

Yes i've created my new account with same login details as before.

It's a strange one WL. I'm no Bill Gates but have some knowledge re this stuff. That's me tried on 4 iphones running various versions of s/w version 14 and still no luck.

Out if curiosity, what’s your broadband provider?
Have you tried switching Wi-fi off on the phones and trying to use the app with phone data?
Give that a go and let me know.

Have you tried uninstalling the app, shutting down the phone and re-starting the phone and installing the app again?

Sorry I haven’t went through all the pages for an answer but I have created new account as instructed but still can’t access the RTV app. Does it easy a certain amount of time for them to link the account as I’m sure it says virtual season tickets etc should be uninterrupted?

(This isn’t for tonight’s game as got that on sky, just looking to get it sorted before the next home game)

Sorry I haven’t went through all the pages for an answer but I have created new account as instructed but still can’t access the RTV app. Does it easy a certain amount of time for them to link the account as I’m sure it says virtual season tickets etc should be uninterrupted?

(This isn’t for tonight’s game as got that on sky, just looking to get it sorted before the next home game)
Have you received your verification email to activate the new account?

Is this on the website and via laptop or are you onto the App now? Daft question but you do have a subscription that lets you view content I assume? (Sorry) Also, I saw someone have some success by uninstalling Flash Player if you have it.
yes, I've the annual sub. The App seems to be working on my phone, at least I can get into it. I dont have a vpn on my iphone but hoping to have laptop working for tonight. Thought I'd check all was ok early. Really annoying.

edit. logged out of the iPhone as I figured that might be a problem.

Crate new Account. Verify it when you get the email. Download/update your App to the new version. See post #826.

Did you check your email and reply to the confirmation email? Try junk folder if missing.

After two days I have received the email from Rangers with the link. I click the link and it takes me to a Rangers page that says ‘Your email has not been confirmed. We hope to have this resolved very soon, so please try again shortly’
Is this just a case of waiting on Rangers confirming the email or do I contact them?

Out if curiosity, what’s your broadband provider?
Have you tried switching Wi-fi off on the phones and trying to use the app with phone data?
Give that a go and let me know.
We think alike. Tried your suggestion to no avail. Next step is to reboot Virgin Media router although not expecting this to help. I wonder if my account was reset at backend if that would help?

yes, I've the annual sub. The App seems to be working on my phone, at least I can get into it. I dont have a vpn on my iphone but hoping to have laptop working for tonight. Thought I'd check all was ok early. Really annoying.

edit. logged out of the iPhone as I figured that might be a problem.
You’ve probably tried this already mate but try clearing cache/cookies on your laptop. Close the browser. Start your VPN to Germany or wherever and fire up the browser and try again.

If you’ve bought the game or have the Unlimited subscription you can click on the Watch Live button now and it’s showing the Ross County game. By all means try some of the other stuff as well to see if it works first.

Have done that mate. Verified the email. I can now log in online however not the app, have deleted the app and reinstalled but still no joy.
Your symptoms all suggest using the old App. If you are sure you have the new one though, try restarting your device and see if that helps.

We think alike. Tried your suggestion to no avail. Next step is to reboot Virgin Media router although not expecting this to help. I wonder if my account was reset at backend if that would help?
Have you got the option to go into your router settings and switch off IPV6?
I know having that active can cause issues. I’m with BT and switch that option off on every device I use just to be in the safe side.

Your symptoms all suggest using the old App. If you are sure you have the new one though, try restarting your device and see if that helps.

Cheers mate, tried that but still won’t work. Definitely the new app as it’s slightly different thumbnail than Saturdays and deleted abs reinstalled just in case.
It’s strange as it says “something went wrong, let’s give this another try” but at the bottom it had a bit saying “trouble signing in?” When I click that it takes me to my RTV profile page online. Even did it after switching on and off again without having to log back in again.

After two days I have received the email from Rangers with the link. I click the link and it takes me to a Rangers page that says ‘Your email has not been confirmed. We hope to have this resolved very soon, so please try again shortly’
Is this just a case of waiting on Rangers confirming the email or do I contact them?

Dm me your email address

Cheers mate, tried that but still won’t work. Definitely the new app as it’s slightly different thumbnail than Saturdays and deleted abs reinstalled just in case.
It’s strange as it says “something went wrong, let’s give this another try” but at the bottom it had a bit saying “trouble signing in?” When I click that it takes me to my RTV profile page online. Even did it after switching on and off again without having to log back in again.
I’m stumped. Its not an older device is it? Assuming it isn’t I guess your stuck using the website for now. Hopefully some App updates in the near future. They need to address the missing Chromecast facility for example.

You’ve probably tried this already mate but try clearing cache/cookies on your laptop. Close the browser. Start your VPN to Germany or wherever and fire up the browser and try again.

If you’ve bought the game or have the Unlimited subscription you can click on the Watch Live button now and it’s showing the Ross County game. By all means try some of the other stuff as well to see if it works first.
That seems to have worked now, thanks, the other day all it needed was a restart. Cleared the cookies etc then I couldnt get back into FF :rolleyes:

Stressed out :eek::))

I’m stumped. Its not an older device is it? Assuming it isn’t I guess your stuck using the website for now. Hopefully some App updates in the near future. They need to address the missing Chromecast facility for example.

Thanks for your help anyway. Can use the website for now as you say! One more thing if that’s okay, where would I check on the website that the virtual season ticket has been transferred to the new account do you know?

Have you got the option to go into your router settings and switch off IPV6?
I know having that active can cause issues. I’m with BT and switch that option off on every device I use just to be in the safe side.
Just tried on new version iphone se and successfully logged in. So the app isn't working(for me) on iphone se(older version), iphone 6s and iphone 7. All these phones are on the most up to date ios versions.

Thanks for your help anyway. Can use the website for now as you say! One more thing if that’s okay, where would I check on the website that the virtual season ticket has been transferred to the new account do you know?
Yes mate. Login to the RangersTV website. Then click in the ‘wee man’ icon you use to login once again and you get a drop-down menu. Click on RTV Account and the page will load. You should see something like “season ticket access - July 2021.”

Use the back button to get back to previous page and logout.

Just tried on new version iphone se and successfully logged in. So the app isn't working(for me) on iphone se(older version), iphone 6s and iphone 7. All these phones are on the most up to date ios versions.
That’s interesting - and useful. Strange it works for some with the same older phone. Absolutely baffling. Thanks for the feedback, it will help others.

Anyone know definitively as to whether VST people can watch the game live on the app?

I’ve successfully updated everything (including the app, on iPhone), as per earlier posts. But when I go to tonight’s game I only get the listen live option.

Just trying to work out if it’s me or them?!

Glad you’ve got it working on at least one phone.
I got it working on an iPhone 6 with iOS 12, so the age of the phone isn’t the issue.

Anyone know definitively as to whether VST people can watch the game live on the app?

I’ve successfully updated everything (including the app, on iPhone), as per earlier posts. But when I go to tonight’s game I only get the listen live option.

VST is for home games surely, so wouldn’t have the watch option for away games?

Got everything sorted eventually with new app, no option to cast to tv through Chromecast? Anyone know if it can be done. Thanks

Got everything sorted eventually with new app, no option to cast to tv through Chromecast? Anyone know if it can be done. Thanks
Reading through earlier posts I wouldn’t appear to be an option, at least in the iOS version.
Airplay option is in the iOS version but only going to be of a use if you have Apple TV

Yes mate. Login to the RangersTV website. Then click in the ‘wee man’ icon you use to login once again and you get a drop-down menu. Click on RTV Account and the page will load. You should see something like “season ticket access - July 2021.”

Use the back button to get back to previous page and logout.

Sorted mate, got that bit easy enough lol.

thanks for all your help mate, much appreciated.

Tonight’s game isn’t on the vst

Back