Problems logging into RTV

Anyone had any issues trying to watch videos on a firestick. Tried to watch Inside Ibrox but it saying 'Subscription Only but I have an RTV subscription and I'm logged in.

I have had similar issues, when I choose the option "already have a subscription" and attempt to login, it does not allow me to view the videos. How I got round it, was to login by clicking on the wee person icon at the top right corner on the browser. Then I choose Rangers TV from the menu, and then go to the relevant page from the Rangers tv sub menu.

But top tip, given by @Valley Bluenose is to click on the icon on your browser, click on the 2nd last one "request desktop sites" this gives will display videos and games in full screen, without the menu options appearing above.

Yeah my profile says I’m subscribed but when I go videos says I’m not. Not sure how to clear all that on firestick but will give it a try thanks

See my post #1152 which might give you the solution. I could only view videos on silk browser, if I have logged in through the wee person icon on top right of Rangers TV.

I have had similar issues, when I choose the option "already have a subscription" and attempt to login, it does not allow me to view the videos. How I got round it, was to login by clicking on the wee person icon at the top right corner on the browser. Then I choose Rangers TV from the menu, and then go to the relevant page from the Rangers tv sub menu.

But top tip, given by @Valley Bluenose is to click on the icon on your browser, click on the 2nd last one "request desktop sites" this gives will display videos and games in full screen, without the menu options appearing above.
Tried that and still getting subscription only. Cleared cache history and doesn’t work.
Emailed the RTV help email to get a reply that basically told me they won’t support my query as it’s re Firestick. Giving up for today haha

Tried that and still getting subscription only. Cleared cache history and doesn’t work.
Emailed the RTV help email to get a reply that basically told me they won’t support my query as it’s re Firestick. Giving up for today haha

That is a pretty poor response. I find it very disappointing that in this new version of RTV and the combining of logins of VST and RTV, and the launch of the new app, that consideration was not given to the use of the app on a Firestick. This media is growing in popularity as a means of downloading and running apps.

Its not as if you were doing anything dodgy, merely trying to access the Rangers website and ultimately RTV, through your firestick. My feeling is that they never considered this option, which is worrying as they should have looked beyond laptops, tablets and mobiles, not to do so shows a scant knowledge of the entertainment world and where it is moving. From an IT perspective, I do not believe that these issues would be difficult to resolve, but definitely beyond my IT capabilities.

Just tried on my Fire TV Stick 2020. Via Silk browser. I'm a novice to Fire TV Stick so struggled through it. Got logged in - a chore in itself - and was able to play all videos without an issue.

I'm wondering if your issues relate to using an older Fire TV Stick? Wouldn't have thought so though when accessing via a browser. Honestly, for me, not knowing what I was doing really, once logged in (which was the hardest part), it worked absolutely fine.

I might try and get a thread going with a 'novices' introduction to RangersTV on the Fire TV Stick and focus discussion on that.

Last edited:
I sent an email to them (via the RTV "contact us" page) describing the issue that I had -- the page with the video of yesterday's game showed the score at the top of the page, which reduced the enjoyment for people watching the game on "delay".

To their credit, they replied first thing this morning (UK time), and indicated that they'd get that dealt with so that it wouldn't happen in the future. Time will tell.

I tried to get on last night to buy the game. Tried to re-register and included my email. No verification email was received. Tried to re-send the verification email and no email received. Checked a=for it this evening and no verification email. I have now tried to re-register again with a different email and still have not received the verification email. Both email addresses were correct.

I tried to get on last night to buy the game. Tried to re-register and included my email. No verification email was received. Tried to re-send the verification email and no email received. Checked a=for it this evening and no verification email. I have now tried to re-register again with a different email and still have not received the verification email. Both email addresses were correct.
You with Sky, Yahoo or AOL mate? Well publicised issues with the receipt of Verification emails to those providers.

Im with virgin - blueyonder - yep I have had my email address for donkeys years!!
No idea then. I’m assuming you’ve done the obvious and looked in your Junk mail folder, since that’s where these things normally ‘land’.

If on Twitter the SLO might be able to offer you some advice.

No idea then. I’m assuming you’ve done the obvious and looked in your Junk mail folder, since that’s where these things normally ‘land’.

If on Twitter the SLO might be able to offer you some advice.
Yep, checked the spam. Will maybe try and use a hotmail or some other email to see if that works. Cheers

Did anyone that emailed rangerstvsupport@streamamg.com last night manage to get a response?
Not to your specific issue I don’t think, or at least not that’s been posted.

No idea why the App won’t work on your iPhone 12 mate as I had a play today on my iPhone XR and it worked like a dream. I did get the ‘Something went wrong. Let’s try that again’ message interestingly enough. I had, however, entered the wrong bloody password so that was down to me.

You’re savvy enough to not fall foul of this but you do know that on many mobile devices the login will automatically capitalise the first letter of your password. So if it’s lower case it will automatically be capitalised and will fail. Just a thought. Don’t think it’s your issue but might help others.

Yep, checked the spam. Will maybe try and use a hotmail or some other email to see if that works. Cheers
Only issue with that is that the Create New Account process has to be aligned with the existing email address on record at RangersTV for you. That’s the check that’s carried out before sending the Verification email.

If, instead, you actually create a NEW Account then it won’t be linked to your current subscription or VST package, if you have either.

Only issue with that is that the Create New Account process has to be aligned with the existing email address on record at RangersTV for you. That’s the check that’s carried out before sending the Verification email.

If, instead, you actually create a NEW Account then it won’t be linked to your current subscription or VST package, if you have either.
What a pain in the backside. Why have the club done this half way through the season? The only benefit is we have a week before the next game!

What a pain in the backside. Why have the club done this half way through the season? The only benefit is we have a week before the next game!
When you clicked on Create New Account (beneath the Login dialogue boxes) it should have taken you to the page linked below. If you entered your details there, including your existing RangersTV email address and password, then clicked on Continue without receiving an error message then you *should* get a Verification email. Eventually.

If you don’t do Twitter then maybe the SLO @Greg Marshall might drop into this thread again and help you out, if he sees I’ve tagged him.

When you clicked on Create New Account (beneath the Login dialogue boxes) it should have taken you to the page linked below. If you entered your details there, including your existing RangersTV email address and password, then clicked on Continue without receiving an error message then you *should* get a Verification email. Eventually.

If you don’t do Twitter then maybe the SLO @Greg Marshall might drop into this thread again and help you out, if he sees I’ve tagged him.
Ta muchy

I was quite happily watching the game yesterday, on the app on an Android tablet, when with about 15 minutes to go it kicked me out and wouldn't let me back in. Told me my account didn't have the correct entitlements to view the content.

Tried to sign in on a browser instead but apparently my email address was invalid.

Signed in later last night on Silk and watched the highlights perfectly fine.

Just tried on my Fire TV Stick 2020. Via Silk browser. I'm a novice to Fire TV Stick so struggled through it. Got logged in - a chore in itself - and was able to play all videos without an issue.

I'm wondering if your issues relate to using an older Fire TV Stick? Wouldn't have thought so though when accessing via a browser. Honestly, for me, not knowing what I was doing really, once logged in (which was the hardest part), it worked absolutely fine.

I might try and get a thread going with a 'novices' introduction to RangersTV on the Fire TV Stick and focus discussion on that.
It’s a 4K firestick, just over a year old, fully updated etc. It’s just weird that the profile page shows me as being subscribed, both the VST and my susbscription , but doesn’t link to videos. My day jobs in deployment and testing so expect it to click in a few days as they finish the rollout.

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

Unless you are Rangers, where you choose to fuk it up for countless people mid season.

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

Unless you are Rangers, where you choose to fuk it up for countless people mid season.
I’m bored so went looking through the thread to see what problem you’d encountered, thinking maybe someone might be able to help, but only found one post from you - saying you’d seemingly sorted everything first time with no glitches.

I'm able to log in and managed to get the videos to play on my firestick now but can't get them fullscreen. Does anyone have any ideas how to get this to work on the firestick? I've tried selecting view as desktop site. It has a large blue box at the top of the screen saying Latest and a white box at the bottom saying Up Next with the video in-between but I can't get it to let me scroll to select full screen.

I'm able to log in and managed to get the videos to play on my firestick now but can't get them fullscreen. Does anyone have any ideas how to get this to work on the firestick? I've tried selecting view as desktop site. It has a large blue box at the top of the screen saying Latest and a white box at the bottom saying Up Next with the video in-between but I can't get it to let me scroll to select full screen.
I just used the Fire TV Stick remote control to scroll around the screen. A circular cursor appears on my Fire TV Stick 2020.

Sounds like you may have an older Firestick. I believe you can get an App called Mouse Toggle or similar to give you a cursor. Once you have it you scroll to the bottom of the video and the bottom menu bar appears with the Full Screen stuff and other Settings.

I had that the first time I tried it but changing to desktop site seemed to fix it. Went to watch the highlights last night for a second time and it had the white bar across the bottom and it wouldn't let me scroll either. Thankfully though, just the top of the play button was showing so I was able to click on that and it worked.

Looks like it's really not designed to be viewed on Silk which is disappointing.

I just used the Fire TV Stick remote control to scroll around the screen. A circular cursor appears on my Fire TV Stick 2020.

Sounds like you may have an older Firestick. I believe you can get an App called Mouse Toggle or similar to give you a cursor. Once you have it you scroll to the bottom of the video and the bottom menu bar appears with the Full Screen stuff and other Settings.
Thanks for all your advice. Tried that but still not working, its a 4k Firestick as well. Gutting it won't work and I'm concerned I will no longer be able to watch the games through my VST now either as they worked perfectly on Silk prior to these changes.

I had that the first time I tried it but changing to desktop site seemed to fix it. Went to watch the highlights last night for a second time and it had the white bar across the bottom and it wouldn't let me scroll either. Thankfully though, just the top of the play button was showing so I was able to click on that and it worked.

Looks like it's really not designed to be viewed on Silk which is disappointing.
Thanks for all your advice. Tried that but still not working, its a 4k Firestick as well. Gutting it won't work and I'm concerned I will no longer be able to watch the games through my VST now either as they worked perfectly on Silk prior to these changes.
I had a couple of instances where the cursor seemed ‘stuck’ at the bottom and just mashed the control on the remote until it eventually moved. Once it moved, in any direction, I was able to then get the bottom menu bar to appear.

... VB, looks like that 'multiple logins and getting Blocked' are not an issue anymore with this Account Registration !? ( NOT tested on match-Day however)
Felt like I was destined to 'slip-up' somewhere with old laptop & fire-stick attached to main TV and laptop & fire-stick attached to small TV in my Rangers Man-Cave + iPhone and Samsung Tablet.
My usual match-day now is to watch on the main TV using Fire-stick with the Mrs.
- ( muzzle required at times :eek::cool: :rolleyes: ).

Today I was having this issue of not being able to view videos (e.g. Away Days/Around Ibrox etc.) via the Silk Browser puzzling me too. Tuesday night while updating Windows 10 (1.5hrs :mad:) on the old laptop downnstairs (my back-up) was sure I watched the Girard Presser and the Ryan Jack videos on the fire-stick :oops::(

Discovered that my saved bookmark on the SILK Browser (upstairs) for the original RTV site was the issue.

Now have Away Days running on Laptop & Fire-stick simultaneously @

the tv was missing in the middle of the address :rolleyes:

... VB, looks like that 'multiple logins and getting Blocked' are not an issue anymore with this Account Registration !? ( NOT tested on match-Day however)
Felt like I was destined to 'slip-up' somewhere with old laptop & fire-stick attached to main TV and laptop & fire-stick attached to small TV in my Rangers Man-Cave + iPhone and Samsung Tablet.
My usual match-day now is to watch on the main TV using Fire-stick with the Mrs.
- ( muzzle required at times :eek::cool: :rolleyes: ).

Today I was having this issue of not being able to view videos (e.g. Away Days/Around Ibrox etc.) via the Silk Browser puzzling me too. Tuesday night while updating Windows 10 (1.5hrs :mad:) on the old laptop downnstairs (my back-up) was sure I watched the Girard Presser and the Ryan Jack videos on the fire-stick :oops::(

Discovered that my saved bookmark on the SILK Browser (upstairs) for the original RTV site was the issue.

Now have Away Days running on Laptop & Fire-stick simultaneously @

the tv was missing in the middle of the address :rolleyes:
Yeah, had to change the bookmark on my Fire TV Stick as well. The new RangersTV website Home page is:

Interesting point about multiple logins. I’m not brave enough to try it. Maybe in the Summer LOL:)

Anyone with issues can PM me and I can look at it tomorrow.

I had exactly the same issue. I am thinking they never factored in the Silk browser as a platform, not the best thought out requirements specification to not include a release for silk.

I had exactly the same issue. I am thinking they never factored in the Silk browser as a platform, not the best thought out requirements specification to not include a release for silk.

Seeing it play again now too but - only top half of the video screen :( :rolleyes:

Tried everything today and had it working for a while as it should (no idea what I did :mad: ) or why I have this now. It was freezing and showing a 'page not responding' message if I scrolled to the bottom of the screen but would not reload.
Hopefully 'somebody' can tweak the codes/format to avoid the page error !?

As long as I get the games I can live without the videos on Silk as I can watch them via Edge on the laptop ...

Said on a previous post that I had Away Days working perfectly on Silk & Edge at the same time earlier today. Tried it again just now, Edge said I was on too many devices - I hadn't logged out on Silk :eek:o_O

Tried reinstalling Silk and the Highlights still play but not the Collections.

Maybe by next Wednesday things will look at lots better... :cool:

Sorry to add to the list - I’m aol and still haven’t received a verification email - is it a just wait and see if it comes at some point or is there instructions on how to resolve out there somewhere ?
Cheers for any guidance

Ive sent an email over to them with a screenshot of what we see on screen with the white border thats causing the issue. I've asked if they can remove it or give an option to minimise it so we can scroll and select fullscreen option. I'm hoping that even though they say they don't deal with Firesticks, if it's something they can apply an easy fix to, they can do it and resolve the issue.

I can access the videos through my Samsung mobile, although when I select fullscreen the aspect ratio seems a bit off. Was much better with the old app.
I can access the videos on the browser on my phone but they're quite glitchy. The app just doesn't load. The wee spinning loading circle just goes round endlessly

I can access the videos on the browser on my phone but they're quite glitchy. The app just doesn't load. The wee spinning loading circle just goes round endlessly
Seems loads of people are having all kinds of different issues. Hopefully just teething problems and they resolve them fast.

Back