Problems logging into RTV

I can access the videos through my Samsung mobile, although when I select fullscreen the aspect ratio seems a bit off. Was much better with the old app.

Still got the spinning icon on mobile. Tried uninstall and re install, will hopefully sort itself out as ive ran all new updates.

Laptop is fine thankfully.

@cadge_1959 @Japandroid @Gers55 as I’ve posted earlier I, mostly, manage to get stuff to play fine on Silk browser - even if I am a novice. Odd glitch with the cursor not moving but mashing the remote a bit usually gets it to move and then I can get the bottom menu bar and the Full Screen icon. Needed to be in Desktop version of the new website though. Had to change my bookmark and type the new details in carefully though, rather than letting it auto re-direct. Might be worth persevering.

Another alternative, if you can be arsed, is maybe to download the Firefox browser instead and give that a go. Not something I’ve had to do though.

So I re registered as it didn't recognise my email good start and received activation email which is fine but where do I watch the games now I logged in but is saying buy match pass ? Will next game automatically appear as I have vsticket?

@cadge_1959 @Japandroid @Gers55 as I’ve posted earlier I, mostly, manage to get stuff to play fine on Silk browser - even if I am a novice. Odd glitch with the cursor not moving but mashing the remote a bit usually gets it to move and then I can get the bottom menu bar and the Full Screen icon. Needed to be in Desktop version of the new website though. Had to change my bookmark and type the new details in carefully though, rather than letting it auto re-direct. Might be worth persevering.

Another alternative, if you can be arsed, is maybe to download the Firefox browser instead and give that a go. Not something I’ve had to do though.
I've tried everything on both my firesticks, downloaded mouse toggle like you recommended last night & gave Firefox a try as well but still having no luck unfortunately. The videos play if I select desktop but can't get the screen to move down to let me select fullscreen no matter what I try.

So I re registered as it didn't recognise my email good start and received activation email which is fine but where do I watch the games now I logged in but is saying buy match pass ? Will next game automatically appear as I have vsticket?
Sounds like you’ve messed up. If you’ve re-registered with an email address different to the one that’s already registered to your RangersTV Account you have, effectively, created a whole new Account that won’t be linked to your VST or any RangersTV subscription.:eek:

I‘d try and check it out if you can. Go to the new RangersTV website below, log in and then, after logging in, click on the ‘wee man‘ icon top right again. From the drop-down menu select RTV Account and have a look at what’s there. It should show, under Subscription, something like ‘season ticket access - July 2021’ or words to that effect. I hope it does, but I fear it won’t.

You might be lucky because I see they’ve now sent out an email to VST viewers that asks them to Register rather than create a new account. It STILL needs to be with your previously registered email address though.

Last edited:
I thought I was done with this,followed the instructions from VB and it went through successfully,now I've got an email saying,

ACTION REQUIRED | RangersTV Virtual Season Ticket Holders

HOW TO WATCH RANGERS VS ST JOHNSTONE ON WEDNESDAY

Earlier this week Rangers announced that the new RangersTV website and app is live.

In order to watch Wednesday’s match against St Johnstone live on RangersTV with your Virtual Season Ticket you will need to create a Rangers Account.

To do so, you must register a new Rangers Account HERE using the same email address that you use for RangersTV currently.

Provided the email address matches, we will automatically link your new Rangers Account to your old RangersTV Account and any active subscriptions will be maintained without disruption.

I had already performed this action,now I don't know if I have to do it again or if this is just a generic email sent out to everyone.

If that is the case they should have included, 'If you have already set up your new account,you don't have to do anything
:oops:

I've tried everything on both my firesticks, downloaded mouse toggle like you recommended last night & gave Firefox a try as well but still having no luck unfortunately. The videos play if I select desktop but can't get the screen to move down to let me select fullscreen no matter what I try.
Does the cursor just not move or does it go to the bottom of the screen and then get stuck? The latter happened to me a couple of times and I just mashed the remote left/right and up/down a few times and eventually it either moved or chucked me back to the RTV Home page and I tried again.

I thought I was done with this,followed the instructions from VB and it went through successfully,now I've got an email saying,

ACTION REQUIRED | RangersTV Virtual Season Ticket Holders

HOW TO WATCH Rangers VS ST JOHNSTONE ON WEDNESDAY

Earlier this week Rangers announced that the new RangersTV website and app is live.

In order to watch Wednesday’s match against St Johnstone live on RangersTV with your Virtual Season Ticket you will need to create a Rangers Account.

To do so, you must register a new Rangers Account HERE using the same email address that you use for RangersTV currently.

Provided the email address matches, we will automatically link your new Rangers Account to your old RangersTV Account and any active subscriptions will be maintained without disruption.

I had already performed this action,now I don't know if I have to do it again or if this is just a generic email sent out to everyone.

If that is the case they should have included, 'If you have already set up your new account,you don't have to do anything
:oops:
See second Para in post #1205 to make sure your Account is linked to the old one.

I thought i would get in early and pay for the St Johnstone game, my email (only one i have ever had is not recognised) .
I have had no dramas before as my email and password are saved and the boxes get filled in pay my tenner and its off to the match i go, help.

Does the cursor just not move or does it go to the bottom of the screen and then get stuck? The latter happened to me a couple of times and I just mashed the remote left/right and up/down a few times and eventually it either moved or chucked me back to the RTV Home page and I tried again.
It goes to the bottom of the screen and then I can see the wee scroll bar at the far right hand side of the screen going down the screen as I'm pressing it and i was hoping when that reached the bottom the video would move up to let me access the fullscreen option but it doesn't. Strangely when I'm on the main RTV page and can select either the Hibs highlights or Nathan Pattersons interview, both of those play no problem and let me select fullscreen. It seems to be videos in any of the categories like 'Latest' or 'Away Days' etc that are getting that annoying 'Up Next' box that is causing the problem.

See second Para in post #1205 to make sure your Account is linked to the old one.
This is what it shows VB,

My Account​

Billing Details​

Your account is currently associated with your PayPal account, all purchases and subscription renewals will be deducted from this PayPal account.

Active Subscriptions​

Package
Season Ticket Access Expires on 21 Jul 2021

This is what it shows VB,

My Account​

Billing Details​

Your account is currently associated with your PayPal account, all purchases and subscription renewals will be deducted from this PayPal account.

Active Subscriptions​

Package
Season Ticket Access Expires on 21 Jul 2021
That looks fine to me mate. You are able to login to the new website and it shows your VST is active. I reckon you are good to go. Bear in mind the old live.Rangers.co.uk website will automatically redirect you to the new one. However, if you want to bookmark the new one it is:

Sounds like you’ve messed up. If you’ve re-registered with an email address different to the one that’s already registered to your RangersTV Account you have, effectively, created a whole new Account that won’t be linked to your VST or any RangersTV subscription.:eek:

I‘d try and check it out if you can. Go to the new RangersTV website below, log in and then, after logging in, click on the ‘wee man‘ icon top right again. From the drop-down menu select RTV Account and have a look at what’s there. It should show, under Subscription, something like ‘season ticket access - July 2021’ or words to that effect. I hope it does, but I fear it won’t.

You might be lucky because I see they’ve now sent out an email to VST viewers that asks them to Register rather than create a new account. It STILL needs to be with your previously registered email address though.

Yeh I logged back in to rangers.co.uk and it all seems to be there vst to July 21.. when I was registering I didnt recognise my email which was strange thats why that's why I re registered thanks for help

It goes to the bottom of the screen and then I can see the wee scroll bar at the far right hand side of the screen going down the screen as I'm pressing it and i was hoping when that reached the bottom the video would move up to let me access the fullscreen option but it doesn't. Strangely when I'm on the main RTV page and can select either the Hibs highlights or Nathan Pattersons interview, both of those play no problem and let me select fullscreen. It seems to be videos in any of the categories like 'Latest' or 'Away Days' etc that are getting that annoying 'Up Next' box that is causing the problem.
I will have a try at one of the Away Days ones tomorrow mate and post back how I get on. I’m wondering if moving the cursor on the page to a blank area and clicking select before scrolling down might make a difference. It’s a ‘clutching at straws’ idea, admittedly, but you never know.

That looks fine to me mate. You are able to login to the new website and it shows your VST is active. I reckon you are good to go. Bear in mind the old live.Rangers.co.uk website will automatically redirect you to the new one. However, if you want to bookmark the new one it is:

I deleted the old one and bookmarked the new one when I set up the new account mate.

When I look on the intial log in page it says, 'Next match St Johnstone, Listen Live,
'Buy Match Pass'

Hopefully on Wednesday it says 'Watch Live'

Yeh I logged back in to Rangers.co.uk and it all seems to be there vst to July 21.. when I was registering I didnt recognise my email which was strange thats why that's why I re registered thanks for help
That’s sounds good to go, provided you logged in on the link I provided, which it sounds like you did. Phew.

I deleted the old one and bookmarked the new one when I set up the new account mate.

When I look on the intial log in page it says, 'Next match St Johnstone, Listen Live,
'Buy Match Pass'

Hopefully on Wednesday it says 'Watch Live'
I know that for non-VST viewers last Wednesday it only showed ‘Subscribe’ - until about 2 hours before kick-off when it changed to ‘Watch Live’.

I wouldn’t worry. Yet!;)

I’m assuming I’ve successfully linked my new registration to the old account, as I can see confirmation of my VST in my active subscriptions, but it gives me the option to purchase a match pass for the next match? Should that option change closer to kick off or should I contact them about it? Anyone else the same?
Edit - sorry, just read the above! :)

@gazblue @Cliffger @Galstonian Blue

And anybody else..

Seems RangersTV have created a new page with some free content to VST viewers. If you’ve been through the process to link your old RTV Account to the new system then you should have access to this new content, including a Jorg Alberz interview it would seem. Try it out by going to the link below and checking it works for you:

And here’s the info for VST viewers that contains that link above.

If you haven’t updated your Account to link it to the new system you need to do so, as per the link here:

Once you’ve done that, to check out it’s working go to this page with some free content for VST viewers and login. There’s a Jorg Albertz interview amongst others.

https://www.Rangers.co.uk/tv#/playl...57ebd017/7471e2c4-31d6-4b3c-8e68-17bdcca76130

Finally, the live.Rangers.do.uk website will automatically redirect you to the new website for VST viewers. However, if you want to bookmark it, the new website is:

And anybody else..

Seems RangersTV have created a new page with some free content to VST viewers. If you’ve been through the process to link your old RTV Account to the new system then you should have access to this new content, including a Jorg Alberz interview it would seem. Try it out by going to the link below and checking it works for you:

Yes mate it works,thank you once again

That’s sounds good to go, provided you logged in on the link I provided, which it sounds like you did.

I know that for non-VST viewers last Wednesday it only showed ‘Subscribe’ - until about 2 hours before kick-off when it changed to ‘Watch Live’.

I wouldn’t worry. Yet!;)

And anybody else..

All sorted thanks great help

When I try log in it says incorrect password, if I click on forgotten password it asks for email address then says no account registered with this email address. Only been using this email for about 10 years and get about 10 emails a week from Rangers, had no problems before. Without reading through the whole thread anyone else have the same problem and able to point me in the right direction?

edit : never mind just read I need to create a new account with same email address.

When I try log in it says incorrect password, if I click on forgotten password it asks for email address then says no account registered with this email address. Only been using this email for about 10 years and get about 10 emails a week from Rangers, had no problems before. Without reading through the whole thread anyone else have the same problem and able to point me in the right direction?
If you have both a Rangers Account and a RangersTV Account make sure you are using the RangersTV email address.

Haven’t a clue other than that.

If you have both a Rangers Account and a RangersTV Account make sure you are using the RangersTV email address.

Haven’t a clue other than that.
I just read you need to create a new account for the new app with the same email address?

yes I do have a Rangers account, RTV, mygers etc all with same email address.

Thanks VB. I should be able to watch next Wednesday's game on my tablet as I'll be in the office, so hopefully it's fixed by Hamilton game next weekend.

I just read you need to create a new account for the new app with the same email address?

yes I do have a Rangers account, RTV, mygers etc all with same email address.
If they are all the same email address then you shouldn’t have a problem. One thing I did see suggested, when you start typing your email in do NOT let it auto-populate from any pop-up that appears. You should type in your whole email address letter by letter.

I‘d get yourself sorted on the Internet first before concerning yourself with the App, which brings a whole new level of issues.

That's the same for me, will try again in the morning, had a few halfs at a virtual Burns Supper tonight, so not trusting my mouse control.

If they are all the same email address then you shouldn’t have a problem. One thing I did see suggested, when you start typing your email in do NOT let it auto-populate from any pop-up that appears. You should type in your whole email address letter by letter.

I‘d get yourself sorted on the Internet first before concerning yourself with the App, which brings a whole new level of issues.

Definitely agree with VB, connect on Internet first, and type your email rather than letting it auto-fill. This is frustrating that you need to do this, it really annoys me, I use Google password manager and also NordPass (came as a package with Nordvpn) but when linking accounts, I got a message saying not recognised.

On the subject of password managers, the RTV app does not use them, but will take password from them when copied and pasted. I have no explanation for this, other than a lack of testing before deployment!!

Still no fix for the App on Android it seems.
Mate I noticed on the RTV App Problems thread that another poster @Marcellus Wallace was having similar problems. It took him several goes but, eventually, a reboot and re-install of the App did work - not at the first attempt though. Might be worth persevering. Delete, reboot, reinstall. I think the reboot in the middle might be the key.

Anybody with @aol,sky, or yahoo emails still to receive further instructions of how to activate your account.

EDIT: A tip - when typing in your email address, if you have one of those pop-ups that lets you select to auto-insert it, then ignore it. Type your email address in letter by letter and it seems more likely to succeed for some reason.

EDIT 2: Another tip - whilst they have given a link for VST viewers to use (see below) it is simply another part of the regular RangersTV website rather than a separate entity :eek: as it was before with the 'live' website. If I go to the regular RangersTV Home page, scroll down to previous Matches and click on All (on the right hand side) it takes me to the page they've suggested for VST viewers. VST viewers, then, can simply go to the regular RangersTV website and click on 'Watch Live' for Home matches same as us 'overseas' Unlimited subscribers. Button will change to 'Watch Live' an hour or two before kick-off.

For VST viewers:

If you haven’t updated your Account to link it to the new system you need to do so, as per the link here:

https://www.Rangers.co.uk/article/i...-season-ticket-holders/6exFENbajhwDf4nKormJOc

Once you’ve done that, to check out it’s working go to this page with some free content for VST viewers and login. There’s a Jorg Albertz interview amongst others.

https://www.Rangers.co.uk/tv#/playl...57ebd017/7471e2c4-31d6-4b3c-8e68-17bdcca76130

Finally, the live.Rangers.do.uk website will automatically redirect you to the new website for VST viewers. However, if you want to bookmark it, the new website is:

https://www.Rangers.co.uk/tv#/fixtures

If you want to have a look at your RangersTV Account to ensure its migrated correctly:

Go to the new RangersTV website below, log in and then, after logging in, click on the ‘wee man‘ icon top right again. From the drop-down menu select RTV Account and have a look at what’s there. It should show, under Subscription, something like ‘season ticket access - July 2021’ or words to that effect plus any additional subscription you may have.

https://www.Rangers.co.uk/tv#/

For Subscribers:

UPDATED 27/01: Rangers Launch New RangersTV Website And App | Rangers Football Club

If you want to have a look at your RangersTV Account to ensure its migrated correctly:

Go to the new RangersTV website below, log in and then, after logging in, click on the ‘wee man‘ icon top right again. From the drop-down menu select RTV Account and have a look at what’s there. It should show, under Subscription, details of your subscription plus, if you are also a VST viewer, something like ‘season ticket access - July 2021’ or words to that effect.

https://www.Rangers.co.uk/tv#/

Last edited:
Not sure if this will be the same for everyone. I have the Unlimited subscription. However, when I login today - without my VPN on - I note that Wednesday's game against St Johnstone has 'Watch Live' next to it. I can click on it and hit Play and it is showing the Hibs game from earlier this week without issue.

It might be the same for ALL subscribers and VST viewers if you want to check it out.

@cadge_1959 and @Gers55 as promised I had another play with Silk on the Fire TV Stick this afternoon. The other day it had been working fine for me, with the odd hiccup. Today was a shambles (word of the year;)).

Multiple problems getting logged in (thrown out to a Reload page repeatedly) but eventually I got in. Played the Hibs highlights fine - although I did find that whereas before I could click on the Unmute button for sound if I did that today it threw me out. So, I scrolled to the bottom of the screen to get the bottom menu bar - as worked fine two days ago but still post-update - and it didn't appear. I had to pause the video to get the bottom menu bar to appear and then go Full Screen to unmute. Worked fine. Had to reverse that process to get out of the video when I was done as well. That bit was no big deal.

I then tried to play an Away Days video. Then an Inside Ibrox. Then just some of the Interviews. All with the same result. The video loads but there is a white bar across the bottom of the screen saying Next Up xxxx Videos. And I don't mean naughty ones! :eek: The presence of that white bar prevents you seeing the Play button on the video you've selected, so you are stuck.

One small bit of good news in all this. I went to the St Johnstone game on the Home page. It currently shows Watch Live. I was able to click on that and successfully play the Hibs game which they are showing on a loop right now, presumably as a test stream. Small mercies.

@cadge_1959 and @Gers55 as promised I had another play with Silk on the Fire TV Stick this afternoon. The other day it had been working fine for me, with the odd hiccup. Today was a shambles (word of the year;)).

Multiple problems getting logged in (thrown out to a Reload page repeatedly) but eventually I got in. Played the Hibs highlights fine - although I did find that whereas before I could click on the Unmute button for sound if I did that today it threw me out. So, I scrolled to the bottom of the screen to get the bottom menu bar - as worked fine two days ago but still post-update - and it didn't appear. I had to pause the video to get the bottom menu bar to appear and then go Full Screen to unmute. Worked fine. Had to reverse that process to get out of the video when I was done as well. That bit was no big deal.

I then tried to play an Away Days video. Then an Inside Ibrox. Then just some of the Interviews. All with the same result. The video loads but there is a white bar across the bottom of the screen saying Next Up xxxx Videos. And I don't mean naughty ones! :eek: The presence of that white bar prevents you seeing the Play button on the video you've selected, so you are stuck.

One small bit of good news in all this. I went to the St Johnstone game on the Home page. It currently shows Watch Live. I was able to click on that and successfully play the Hibs game which they are showing on a loop right now, presumably as a test stream. Small mercies.
Thanks for having a look at it VB, it's much appreciated. I got a reply from RTV asking me to try refreshing the page but that has done nothing to help the issue of this annoying white bar at the bottom of the screen. It seems if they can remove that then we will be able to select fullscreen so I have replied back to them.

*Update* I have just found that when I'm on the page rangers.co.uk/tv#/fixtures and it says 'Matches' in large letters then under that 'Latest Match' on the left hand side and 'All Videos' to the right hand side, if I select 'All Videos' and pick any of the videos on that screen, it plays them fine, without this problematic white bar at the bottom. The downside is it only appears to all videos in relation to the most recent match.

Last edited:
Thanks for having a look at it VB, it's much appreciated. I got a reply from RTV asking me to try refreshing the page but that has done nothing to help the issue of this annoying white bar at the bottom of the screen. It seems if they can remove that then we will be able to select fullscreen so I have replied back to them.

If we can still watch the games through our VST without issues then that's the main thing for the time being and can only hope one way or another, they fix the issue for the videos.
Spot on mate. As I said, I was able to click on the Watch Live button and view the test stream there for next Wednesday (currently the Hibs match on a loop) without issue. I guess, for now, that's the main thing.

Its clearly something to do with the resolution. The white bar is still there when I view the same page on a desktop browser, its just that on Silk/Fire TV Stick the image seems much more 'zoomed in' for want of a better description, so the white bar is fatter and the picture behind it larger - the net effect being that you cannot see the Play button. I thought playing with my TV settings might help but no joy.:(

Getting a message about needing a subscription when watching in Edge on laptop but works fine with chrome on tablet anyone have a similar issue?

Can you send me email address you sent to can’t get logged in tried 3 times keeps telling me doesn’t recognise my email but sends me messages to it
If, when trying to enter your email, you get a pop-up that lets you auto-populate the box do NOT use it. Type your email in letter by letter. Sometimes the auto-populate thing includes a blank space at the beginning or end which f*cks things up.

The Support email address is below.:

rangerstvsupport@streamamg.com

Edge appears to have the white bar issue mentioned above as well did they only test chrome before launching this ?
Edge is absolutely fine on desktop/laptop. The only mention of the white bar thing is when using a Fire TV Stick. The white bar is still there, obviously, but small at the bottom. You can still see the Play button on the video above it. At least on my desktop and laptops.

Tried exactly the same as you VB, and got the exact same problems - "The video loads but there is a white bar across the bottom of the screen saying Next Up xxxx Videos. And I don't mean naughty ones! :eek: The presence of that white bar prevents you seeing the Play button on the video you've selected, so you are stuck."

So frustrating, and that is being polite. Before I retired, I used to supervise college students submissions of websites, I would have failed them for the the torturous process you have to follow to access material. Also, not being able to login when it shows you a video, and gives you the option to subscribe or login, but that last option does nothing!! Now I go to the person icon at the top when I access the website, and check I am logged in. I have become totally disillusioned with using the Silk browser, and will only use it to watch away games in conjunction with my vpn. Viewing of videos and watching home matches will be by laptop and connect to TV via hdmi cable.

Last night I discovered another problem, this time with accessing videos on the android mobile RTV app. I am getting this message when accessing videos

Have to go and login everytime!!

*Update* I have just found that when I'm on the page Rangers.co.uk/tv#/fixtures and it says 'Matches' in large letters then under that 'Latest Match' on the left hand side and 'All Videos' to the right hand side, if I select 'All Videos' and pick any of the videos on that screen, it plays them fine, without this problematic white bar at the bottom. The downside is it only appears to all videos in relation to the most recent match.

I have just had a look as well, the advice of saying refresh the page is up there with switch off and on!!

Tried exactly the same as you VB, and got the exact same problems - "The video loads but there is a white bar across the bottom of the screen saying Next Up xxxx Videos. And I don't mean naughty ones! :eek: The presence of that white bar prevents you seeing the Play button on the video you've selected, so you are stuck."

So frustrating, and that is being polite. Before I retired, I used to supervise college students submissions of websites, I would have failed them for the the torturous process you have to follow to access material. Also, not being able to login when it shows you a video, and gives you the option to subscribe or login, but that last option does nothing!! Now I go to the person icon at the top when I access the website, and check I am logged in. I have become totally disillusioned with using the Silk browser, and will only use it to watch away games in conjunction with my vpn. Viewing of videos and watching home matches will be by laptop and connect to TV via hdmi cable.

Last night I discovered another problem, this time with accessing videos on the android mobile RTV app. I am getting this message when accessing videos

Have to go and login everytime!!
On your latter point, I have to say I have been an advocate for a long time of the App logging you out after a period of inactivity. We've had many instances of folk having their Account blocked for being logged in at the same time on multiple devices - usually traced back to them failing to log out of the App. I didn't think it was happening with the new App though and that it left you logged in. I've seen many posts from those saying they are happy the App no longer logs them out.

I did have a spell where every time I played a video if I then went to play a second one I had to log in again. That was on desktop, laptop, tablet browser and App. Everything basically. Doesn't do that to me on any of them now though.

Back