Problems logging into RTV

Might not apply but a post from the SLO on the other thread:

We are aware of a delay in activation emails for users with Yahoo, AOL and Sky email addresses being sent through. The team are working on it and we will update as soon as possible.

Also seems to be a delay in Verify emails coming through due to backlog.
Many thanks again VB, as always you are very helpful. I'll give it a few days, see if it works out before i stress myself out again.

Just updated the app there, only had a quick look so far but impressive.
The media player on the app has improved, one small thing that used to annoy me was when you touched the screen, for example to see how long a video had left, it would pause it straight away, not the case now. And also easier to drag the progress bar back and forth. Small details yes but every little helps.

Edit Had more of a look and I must say it's brilliant. Easy to navigate and clear menus of the different video series and the latest videos in order on the main page. Well done Rangers.

Last edited:
I had no problems logging in / new account etc. My own concern is that, living in California, I watch most games on delay. I'm worried that the single logon might automatically take me to a page that shows the score of that day's game. That's happened several times before (with previous iterations of RTV), and I had worked out how to avoid it.

I followed the instructions here and I can sign in now. Basically you have to register a new account and RTV links it to your current one. It would have been nice if they'd given advance warning of that.
I tried this and they don’t recognise my “my Rangers” account.
I’ve never known Rangers websites to be user friendly!

I’m getting the following , wonder if it’s as it’s late at night, maybe someone has to link accounts.........Your email has not been confirmed. We hope to have this resolved very soon, so please try again shortly.

I’m getting the following , wonder if it’s as it’s late at night, maybe someone has to link accounts.........Your email has not been confirmed. We hope to have this resolved very soon, so please try again shortly.
Did you follow the process in the Edit to post #13 mate? You need to click on Create New Account and once you’ve done it you need to Verify it from the email they send you (might take a while to come through and might go to Junk).

For those of us with Nvidia Shields that sideloaded the old RTV app, I’ve just installed the new version (still have to sideload, but it won’t open on the Shield.

Looks like I’m stuck having to use the website version for the foreseeable future.

I’ve registered and got the authorisation email. All sorted on that front.

I’m a season ticket holder, and not a RTV subscriber. I don’t have confidence that they will link my new registration to my season ticket access. Won’t find this out till the next game.

The joys. Previous experience suggests this won’t work.

I'm in the same boat as you and seems to be linked okay.

If you login and go to "RTV account" it shows the season ticket pass there which means it should be all good for the next game.

I posted instructions at one point, however there may have been someone else who did this.

Anyone with an android mobile device can download the app from the Google play store and then upload the APK to Dropbox etc. If I had an android device I’d be happy to do this, but I don’t unfortunately. Happy to guide a poster through this though... it’s fairly straightforward.

Have an android device and happy to do this

Did you follow the process in the Edit to post #13 mate? You need to click on Create New Account and once you’ve done it you need to Verify it from the email they send you (might take a while to come through and might go to Junk).

It will calm down after the next day or so.

So will your headache mate.

As soon as this was announced I thought VB will be " ah ffs no again " B-D

Yeah mate, created new account with current account details, got the email, when clicking the link in the verify email,it gives me the message above

I just posted on the other thread but thought I’d put it here to for visibility.
The new android APK is available now already (version 1)

mini stalked it in my Nvidia shield and when I tried to open it, nothing happened. Looks like Shield users are goosed for sideloading and instead will have to use the web browser version. :mad:
If anyone can get it to open I’d love to hear back from you.

I get that they are trying to update and improve things.... but why do it now? Surely to %^*& the close season is the time to do this.

My *guess* is that those who have sideloaded it will need a new APK file in order to update it. That's going to take a while because somebody will need to source it and upload instructions on here I think. Can't recall the name of the poster who initially provided the instructions. Was it @Careca ?

Think I may have posted how to sideload the apk but it’s my brother whose the brains of the operation. Will give him a shout.

I’ve been watching all season on a firestick on the preloaded Internet app. Just click, go to rtv webpage, login to rtv and it saves the username and password. All still there the next time you use it.

Re-registered, but not got the activation email (requested twice). I’ve checked my junk folder and I’m also signed up for marketing emails. Will leave it for a bit and contact Rangers if it still doesn’t come through. :confused:

Im the same. No e mail. Requested it twice.

Think I may have posted how to sideload the apk but it’s my brother whose the brains of the operation. Will give him a shout.

I’ve been watching all season on a firestick on the preloaded Internet app. Just click, go to rtv webpage, login to rtv and it saves the username and password. All still there the next time you use it.
I just posted on the other thread but thought I’d put it here to for visibility.
The new android APK is available now already (version 1)

mini stalked it in my Nvidia shield and when I tried to open it, nothing happened. Looks like Shield users are goosed for sideloading and instead will have to use the web browser version. :mad:
If anyone can get it to open I’d love to hear back from you.
See my post above mate. New app version already available and I’ve installed it on my shield tv but won’t open when installed.

It’ll be really interesting to know what type of email account everyone that’s having issues are using.

I was one of those with problems and I use yahoo for my RTV account.

If most of them are Sky, Yahoo or AOL then it’s just a case of waiting until RTV irons out the issues with those email types.

This is what frustrates RTV users. You follow the instructions but it doesnt work. Then you get the usual put downs on here making out that you must be thick because someone else did it and it worked. Lo and behold you then find out there's an issue that the IT whizz kids hadnt anticipated. But you're still classed as thick.

I'm seeing nothing.I go into the apps permissions and it says no permissions required.I then click it on then it says no permissions allowed.No option to change it.
Apple App hasn’t updated so I’m stuck for advice. Seen a couple of others post about the new Android App. Maybe they will help.

I get that they are trying to update and improve things.... but why do it now? Surely to %^*& the close season is the time to do this.
Takes 2 minutes mate - via website at least. Most - not all - of those having issues haven’t read the message to click on Create New Account.

This is what frustrates RTV users. You follow the instructions but it doesnt work. Then you get the usual put downs on here making out that you must be thick because someone else did it and it worked. Lo and behold you then find out there's an issue that the IT whizz kids hadnt anticipated. But you're still classed as thick.
I know mate. I’m pretty tech savvy and can work out most things if I have a problem, but the lack of confirmation email was annoying me.

Finding out the issue was at their end made me feel better. Thankfully Greig heled me out by getting my confirmation sorted. After that it was easy enough to log in and get it sorted.

I know mate. I’m pretty tech savvy and can work out most things if I have a problem, but the lack of confirmation email was annoying me.

Finding out the issue was at their end made me feel better. Thankfully Greig heled me out by getting my confirmation sorted. After that it was easy enough to log in and get it sorted.

Im still waiting. Yahoo might be the issue.

On iPhone I followed the instructions on email and received a confirmation. On my iPhone I just deleted the RTV app and logged in on the Firefox browser without issue.
Then went to RTV app on my Samsung tablet where I kept getting kicked out. Deleted the RTV app and reinstalled an updated version and it worked first time.
Silk browser worked fine on the new .../tv#/ address too.

P.S. Laptop is also good ...

No problems in Bear Country ;)

Im still waiting. Yahoo might be the issue.
I’d say so mate. As I said, I pm’d Greig Marshall (I think it’s in the other thread about the new website and app)
He was helping people get their emails confirmed. Did it for me and I was sorted in seconds.
try dropping him a PM and I’m sure he’ll get your email confirmed.

Edit - I think Greig’s message was further back in this thread, have a wee search back through it.

On iPhone I followed the instructions on email and received a confirmation. On my iPhone I just deleted the RTV app and logged in on the Firefox browser without issue.
Then went to RTV app on my Samsung tablet where I kept getting kicked out. Deleted the RTV app and reinstalled an updated version and it worked first time.
Silk browser worked fine on the new .../tv#/ address too.

No problems in Bear Country ;)
Ha ha, I knew you’d be on top of this mate. Well played!

I guess those of us with Yahoo emails are waiting until tomorrow. Wednesday's game is on Sky so plenty of time until next week to sort this out I suppose

Back