PSV away tickets now for sale.

How does that work out?

I am entitled to get a ticket for a game that I will be attending and I wanted to make sure that if the site was busy I didn't have to wait. It's not about doing anyone out a ticket its just making sure I got a ticket after spending money on travel. lol
Because you have the ticket in your basket before your window has opened, therefore someone who was entitled to a ticket in the previous window might not be able to get one because you are holding it in your basket before you are entitled to get it.

An interesting question and everyone has their view predominately based on their situation

However for Euro aways and away friendlies it’s top down which guarantees the most loyal tickets , rightly in my view, however it has created a closed shop and allows high gold to mountain and increase their status.

I also think cat A games should be top down to reward those who have been the most loyal

If someone has earned the right to a ticket what they do with it is up to them

Postal seems the clubs way forward as it is less hassle
As someone that would benefit from category As being top down, I completely disagree

Shouldn’t be a system whereby it’s the same people getting sorted all the time through the club. I think Celtic should be top down but that people in the top 500 at July Q1 update get allocated 1 out of the 2 games

Aberdeen/Hearts/Hibs should not be top down all the time

Because you have the ticket in your basket before your window has opened, therefore someone who was entitled to a ticket in the previous window might not be able to get one because you are holding it in your basket before you are entitled to get it.
In fairness the previous window had 12 hours to buy.

In fairness the previous window had 12 hours to buy.
12 hours isn’t actually that long a time if you consider folk have got other stuff on and folk might not have seen the email.

The point is, just wait until your window opens. Club clocked this was happening with Hampden tickets btw and that’s why the points drop doesn’t happen immediately, they leave a gap to clear all the baskets.

Tickets already all over social media, ridiculous posting them
And just shows how ridiculous this MYGERS loyalty programme is. If you're not going, don't buy a ticket and give loyal supporters that want to be there a fair chance.

Aye, can see that happening, thanks to MYGERS........

And just shows how ridiculous this MYGERS loyalty programme is. If you're not going, don't buy a ticket and give loyal supporters that want to be there a fair chance.

Aye, can see that happening, thanks to MYGERS........
But the people offered the tickets have been more loyal?

An interesting question and everyone has their view predominately based on their situation

However for Euro aways and away friendlies it’s top down which guarantees the most loyal tickets , rightly in my view, however it has created a closed shop and allows high gold to mountain and increase their status.

I also think cat A games should be top down to reward those who have been the most loyal

If someone has earned the right to a ticket what they do with it is up to them

Postal seems the clubs way forward as it is less hassle
Posting tickets leaves the system wide open to abuse. Anyone offered a brief at £38 for 15 points is gonna take it if they know they aren’t going. People like me with flights and hotels booked and who travel to all the euro games are missing out because of this system.
Obviously for those who can abuse the system, it works … for me and others like me, it doesn’t. That’s the world and how it works I realise. But it’s fùcking frustrating !

12 hours isn’t actually that long a time if you consider folk have got other stuff on and folk might not have seen the email.

The point is, just wait until your window opens. Club clocked this was happening with Hampden tickets btw and that’s why the points drop doesn’t happen immediately, they leave a gap to clear all the baskets.
What happened with hampden tickets?

As a non season ticket holder like myself I find trying to get a ticket now very difficult for the HOME matches.

I have a bit to travel and of the older generation would have loved to go tomorrow but the sold out message was on the Rangers webpage last night. I knew that quite rightly season ticket holders come first and then MyGers members next. People like myself then come next, tomorrows match was always going to be difficult.

Not a fan of the MyGers membership, not criticising those who do, but to me it is a bit of a ruse to raise funds.

Only solution for those supporters like myself , the old walk up generation, is a bigger Ibrox I suppose.

I will be glued to the television though, c,mon the Gers?

Last edited:
Posting tickets leaves the system wide open to abuse. Anyone offered a brief at £38 for 15 points is gonna take it if they know they aren’t going. People like me with flights and hotels booked and who travel to all the euro games are missing out because of this system.
Obviously for those who can abuse the system, it works … for me and others like me, it doesn’t. That’s the world and how it works I realise. But it’s fùcking frustrating !
I can only assume then that (if you travel to all euro aways) then your not a season ticket holder ?

In which case, imo . Others quite rightly should be in front of you.

Season ticket holders who travel to all euro aways (I know) are in gold and get the chance of a ticket no problem.

Why is there always this sense within our support that it’s OK for there to be different rules for domestic aways and euros away? It’s fine for Euro aways to be top down but not domestic? And it’s fine for domestic away tickets to be posted but not Euro aways?
must of missed the 15 points being available for domestic aways my mistake

What happened with hampden tickets?
Folk that weren’t entitled to them were holding them in their baskets and people who were entitled to them were seeing sold out.

Don’t think it’s a coincidence that the club wait a couple of hours to drop the requirement for Hampden.

Had it out with some guy from hospitality before the union away game. Phoned up to ask what was happening and he said ‘ you weren’t successful’. I said it would be nice to Have had some communication and he said he would take it on board. An absolute disgrace and they just don’t care . Made even worse for union that there were 100s of unsold tickets yet nobody thought to mention it to those unsuccessful from corporate.

The only business in the world where people spending the most get treated the worst
Have you boys been told for this game yet?

Not everyone did buy tho because the points dropped.

Why is there always this sense within our support that it’s OK for there to be different rules for domestic aways and euros away? It’s fine for Euro aways to be top down but not domestic? And it’s fine for domestic away tickets to be posted but not Euro aways?
Spot on.

As a non season ticket holder like myself I find trying to get a ticket now very difficult for the HOME matches.

I have a bit to travel and of the older generation would have loved to go tomorrow but the sold out message was on the Rangers webpage last night. I knew that quite rightly season ticket holders come first and then MyGers members next. People like myself then come next, tomorrows match was always going to be difficult.

Not a fan of the MyGers membership, not criticising those who do, but to me it is a bit of a ruse to raise funds.

Only solution for those supporters like myself , the old walk up generation, is a bigger Ibrox I suppose.

I will be glued to the television though, c,mon the Gers?
there's always some guys at Ibrox subway station between 2 and 2.30 holding absent pals season tickets up for sale. you'll maybe get in for £20 if there's a few standing there and times getting on! Won't always get two together, so could be awkward eg if you have a grandchild with you.

As someone that would benefit from category As being top down, I completely disagree

Shouldn’t be a system whereby it’s the same people getting sorted all the time through the club. I think Celtic should be top down but that people in the top 500 at July Q1 update get allocated 1 out of the 2 games

This was sort of my point, for euro aways it will always be the same people (rightly) who get tickets whereas those further down the list will miss out

As an example(and I’m not really being serious just raising a potential scenario), there are 3500 gold members, if in the 3 group games we get allocated a total of 3500 tickets for mygers (after “club use”, everyone in Gold could be allocated one ticket

Under the European away method, the top 1000 would get all 3 games the bottom 1000 would get nothing but under domestic away method all gold would get at least 1ticket

Is this fair ?, obviously high gold would say yes and low gold would say no

Appreciate that, I am in the opposite corner

I used to be on max TC points but as a low silver I will rightly never get a euro away game again so don’t bother even trying anymore and won’t travel without a ticket.

Ticket collection did work and although there were flaws it was better at ensuring tickets went to those who actually travelled to the game

Have you boys been told for this game yet?

No we’re just supposed to wait until the last min. Absolutely no reason for it other than pure laziness. All their pals in hospitality will know but not those who aren’t in the inner circle. Don’t know how your supposed to make plans when you don’t have a clue.

In terms of posting tickets out I’m all for it as it’s far better for genuine fans although it is open to abuse. Maybe the way round it is to make 15/20% have additional checks in the host city and if caught out you get a years ban

Appreciate that, I am in the opposite corner

I used to be on max TC points but as a low silver I will rightly never get a euro away game again so don’t bother even trying anymore and won’t travel without a ticket.

Ticket collection did work and although there were flaws it was better at ensuring tickets went to those who actually travelled to the game
You won’t ever get to a euro away game again? Loads have already dropped to lower points during mygers.

I can only assume then that (if you travel to all euro aways) then your not a season ticket holder ?

In which case, imo . Others quite rightly should be in front of you.

Season ticket holders who travel to all euro aways (I know) are in gold and get the chance of a ticket no problem.
I am also a season ticket holder and have been for more years than I can remember

Controversial Euro Bus
But it’s true. Why can’t European away tickets be posted out? It’s an absolute pain collecting over there. Yes it’s abused but those moaning would be doing the same thing if they had the opportunity. It’s the same as domestic aways.

All tickets are under MyGers so why do we use two different methods of allocating them? It’s a very flawed system.

You won’t ever get to a euro away game again? Loads have already dropped to lower points during mygers.
They have but under the old Tc, I could book travel as soon as a draw was made and fixtures confirmed

Now I have to wait until my points threshold is reached by which time flights are very expensive.

As an example the low silver points threshold for Union was only 3 days before the game

But it’s OK for this system to be used in cups and Europe?

Someone with 1800 points less than you in a loyalty points based membership scheme should never get a ticket before you. Someone with 1 point less shouldn’t.

They have but under the old Tc, I could book travel as soon as a draw was made and fixtures confirmed

Now I have to wait until my points threshold is reached by which time flights are very expensive.

As an example the low silver points threshold for Union was only 3 days before the game
That’s different from never getting a ticket tho.

But it’s OK for this system to be used in cups and Europe?

Someone with 1800 points less than you in a loyalty points based membership scheme should never get a ticket before you. Someone with 1 point less shouldn’t.
Argument would be that TC was amalgamated and there’s less people that want to do euro trips

Also, hampden games our allocation is a minimum of 20000

This was sort of my point, for euro aways it will always be the same people (rightly) who get tickets whereas those further down the list will miss out

As an example(and I’m not really being serious just raising a potential scenario), there are 3500 gold members, if in the 3 group games we get allocated a total of 3500 tickets for mygers (after “club use”, everyone in Gold could be allocated one ticket

Under the European away method, the top 1000 would get all 3 games the bottom 1000 would get nothing but under domestic away method all gold would get at least 1ticket

Is this fair ?, obviously high gold would say yes and low gold would say no
Well, I’ve just said it wouldn’t be?

No we’re just supposed to wait until the last min. Absolutely no reason for it other than pure laziness. All their pals in hospitality will know but not those who aren’t in the inner circle. Don’t know how your supposed to make plans when you don’t have a clue.

In terms of posting tickets out I’m all for it as it’s far better for genuine fans although it is open to abuse. Maybe the way round it is to make 15/20% have additional checks in the host city and if caught out you get a years ban
I used to travel to Scotland games and this is how they operated. Still open for abuse of course but, the checks were pretty thorough. Can't remember what the 'punishment' was if someone got caught mind you.

I used to travel to Scotland games and this is how they operated. Still open for abuse of course but, the checks were pretty thorough. Can't remember what the 'punishment' was if someone got caught mind you.

It seems like a decent way of doing things. If your genuine there isn’t any problems and if you want to chance it you know if caught there will be repercussions. Seems like a sensible half way house to me

That was punishment enough
I actually nearly wrote that in my post :D
It seems like a decent way of doing things. If your genuine there isn’t any problems and if you want to chance it you know if caught there will be repercussions. Seems like a sensible half way house to me

I genuinely dunno what the answer is mate but, it seems to work pretty well. Abuse of the system still happened, of course but, less seemed to be inclined to chance it. They also worked on a maximum of ten points. Basically those who had went to the last ten away games were given priority on a top down basis. If the cut off was 5 (for example), there was a ballot within that group.

I actually nearly wrote that in my post :D

I genuinely dunno what the answer is mate but, it seems to work pretty well. Abuse of the system still happened, of course but, less seemed to be inclined to chance it. They also worked on a maximum of ten points. Basically those who had went to the last ten away games were given priority on a top down basis. If the cut off was 5 (for example), there was a ballot within that group.
TC used to be similar with it being a rolling 3 year period. Mygers does it too with it being a 5 year period

The issue, many are now starting to realise, is that those at the very top of gold (top 1500 odd) will always remain in gold, so unless the gold tier continues to get made bigger, gold is unrealistic for around 85% of mygers members

Even then, they could add 10000 people into gold tier but it’ll still be those at the top getting the euro games. Genuinely think European games will get removed or they’ll stop making it top down

Would you be ok if you constantly missed out on Aberdeen/Hearts/Celtic?

I know euro bus would be ok but unsure on your points total
I was more agreeing with the tickets being posted out part but I would be more than fine points wise top down domestically although it will never happen.

TC used to be similar with it being a rolling 3 year period. Mygers does it too with it being a 5 year period

The issue, many are now starting to realise, is that those at the very top of gold (top 1500 odd) will always remain in gold, so unless the gold tier continues to get made bigger, gold is unrealistic for around 85% of mygers members

Even then, they could add 10000 people into gold tier but it’ll still be those at the top getting the euro games. Genuinely think European games will get removed or they’ll stop making it top down

Aye, I think we have both been broken records on this issue mate. The system is a nonsense imo. As I've said many times, I refuse point blank to buy TV Subs or a Season Ticket (B Team) that I'll never or very rarely use. It's ridiculous that doing this should have a direct impact as to whether punters can or can't get tickets for Euro away games.

The ticket 'harvesting' that we are seeing just now will still happen, no matter what system is in place but, there won't be anywhere near as much. There will be guys who have bought a PSV ticket to give them the best chance possible of Tynecastle or Pittodrie. That isn't right imo.

I was more agreeing with the tickets being posted out part but I would be more than fine points wise top down domestically although it will never happen.
Sorry, misunderstood.

But on that, you’d be happy if you were say, 1000th in the list, meaning you’d never get hearts/Celtic/Aberdeen if those above you matched your buying habits and stayed ahead?

Av bought tickets off guys who bought them with no intention of going .. want to see yer team in europe its what youve got to do
Now i am in gold from this season and i get my own tickets and use it for myself
If i cant make a game i will give my ticket away for nothing to a fan who is going … yes thats 3 years its took me to get from silver to gold and i had 8 travel club points

Av bought tickets off guys who bought them with no intention of going .. want to see yer team in europe its what youve got to do
Now i am in gold from this season and i get my own tickets and use it for myself
If i cant make a game i will give my ticket away for nothing to a fan who is going … yes thats 3 years its took me to get from silver to gold and i had 8 travel club points
People need to remember that there was movement from Silver to gold due to the 20% increase between April 22 and July 22

There’ll become a saturation point that no more members will be able to be added to gold without replacing existing golds

For the majority, they’ll never make it to gold and it’s an unrealistic target. The current top 1500 in gold will be there for the next 4/5 years easily so it doesn’t leave too much movement. @Greg Marshall was looking into the clubs rationale over the % increase but don’t think they’ve answered yet

See when womans season tickets, and B team games decides who gets Euro away tickets the games a bogey for me.

I've got a few pals who have completely chucked away games because of MyGers and just missing out on the Europa League final tickets despite doing a decent amount of trips in previous years, can't say I blame them.

See when womans season tickets, and B team games decides who gets Euro away tickets the games a bogey for me.

I've got a few pals who have completely chucked away games because of MyGers and just missing out on the Europa League final tickets despite doing a decent amount of trips in previous years, can't say I blame them.
I know a few similar to your pals. I’m bipolar when it comes to saying I’m taking a step back/then I’m not, but I don’t think I’ll be too far away either

Few of the recent money grab offerings have really stuck in my throat to be honest. Guys who went week in, week out in the lower leagues now chucking it because it’s became a money game. Disgusting

It keeps being repeated but, this is spot on for me.

There may come a time where I do likewise however at least if I do that I have Accy games to fall back on :))

As things stand I will move up anyway as the CCCS points drop off. It's just a pain trying to get tickets until then

Agree with your first point, however if they missed out on the Europa final they hadn't enough points from the past 5 years, simple as that. Those who put the most effort in 5 years before mygers earned their points and deserved their final tickets.

Agree with your first point, however if they missed out on the Europa final they hadn't enough points from the past 5 years, simple as that. Those who put the most effort in 5 years before mygers earned their points and deserved their final tickets.
Not strictly true, people that used RSC STs had to buy one in their own name in 17/18 to join the TC

I know someone that got fucked by that

Back