PSV - the return leg

No you changed the wording because you were utterly wrong. No other reason.

Btw you're still wrong.

That doesn't indicate there's a no hoper in the tie.
Well yes, factually I was wrong and it was the wrong choice of wording if you want to be as literal as possible.

So I changed it from no chance to little to no chance, a point I've made to you about 2 or 3 times now yet you keep going round in circles here.

Well yes, factually I was wrong and it was the wrong choice of wording if you want to be as literal as possible.

So I changed it from no chance to little to no chance, a point I've made to you about 2 or 3 times now yet you keep going round in circles here.
We obviously don't have little to no chance though as my last post clearly illustrated. You're still wrong. A point I've made to you a few times now :D :p

They had us well worked out and we barely created a chance. No shame in it as but I honestly felt they were a level overall above us . Looked so comfortable and made the crowd silent very quickly
I thought they were very good and at least on a par with all the top sides we took care of last season.

It’s a Cup final and the reward possibly outweighs the EL Final,

The onus is on them the att k as the home team so we can play on the break, we can’t sit back though as they will pick us off, a Dortmund display will see us through.

We obviously don't have little to no chance though as my last post clearly illustrated. You're still wrong. A point I've made to you a few times now :D :p
I honestly reckon we'll get put out next week so personally put us at having little to no chance.

The bookies can have their opinions as well, doesn't alter mine at all.

I agree. We are not good at trying to sit in.

We are at our best going for it, and I think that’s what we will do, most of our last games away have been the first leg and I think Gio has set us up defensively, knowing that we can always beat most teams at Ibrox.

This will force us to be more aggressive than normal. Monaco played PSV off the park away and we’re unlucky not to win so why can’t we?
We've tried defending our way through and it almost killed us off.

PSV are really strong and can score goals for fun. So are/can we.

PSV are defensively suspect under duress. So are we.

Lets match up and see who blinks because I think we have bigger balls and that might just get us through.

I think the 2-2 result was an accurate reflection of the game ,and how evenly matched we were with them.
My main concern is how slowly we react to obvious danger and how exposed our defenders are at times.
On the other hand I also beleive we are capable of scoring a goal or two against PSV.
If we can be tighter in defence and play our best side ,I think we can get a narrow win,maybe on penalties.
Going to be tough night,but we shouldn't be afraid of them.

It's a one off game but a game we will need to considerably improve in to progress imo.

PSV looked very comfortable in the second half and got to grips with the power we displayed in the first half. I would like to think Ryan Jack has a role to play in the second leg and was surprised he wasn't introduced for Davis when it became apparent PSV had control of the midfield.

Like much at this level it is fine margins but we need to find a way to deal with their aerial prowess as it's likely a lot of the game will be played in our half and in our box.

As many have alluded to, we need a Dortmund style performance where we ride our luck at times and are clinical on the break. I'd like to see both Kent and Morelos start on Saturday purely to get sharpness up but I have grave concerns about our organisation without the ball. De Jong didn't feature too much but did enough to pull Goldson into areas he didn't want to go.

One thing we can all probably agree on is that we will concede! So we're gona have to carry a serious threat. Hopefully we'll have a bit more room in behind.. whatever happens the ball needs to stick up top and our midfield are gona have to work really hard

I honestly reckon we'll get put out next week so personally put us at having little to no chance.

The bookies can have their opinions as well, doesn't alter mine at all.
A wrong opinion staying wrong stays wrong though is my point. :p

I am not overly confident, however last season, and already this season, we did enough in the 2nd leg to win every single knock-out tie.

The final result of the 2 ties isn't factual though, so until then we can guess. You let the bookies do your thinking for you if it pleases you.
But you're guessing we've got next to no chance which is wrong whatever way you cut it haha.

How you working out that I'm letting the bookies do my thinking when I told you last night and the prices came out this morning? :D

Your guess is shite end of mate. No point telling you that over and over again.

But you're guessing we've got next to no chance which is wrong whatever way you cut it haha.

How you working out that I'm letting the bookies do my thinking when I told you last night and the prices came out this morning? :D

Your guess is shite end of mate. No point telling you that over and over again.
Whatever floats your boat.

PSVs last 3 home results in Europe
4-4 vs Copenhagen
1-2 vs Leicester
3-2 vs Monaco aet

PSV's away results against same opposition
4-0 win
0-0 draw
1-1 draw

They've conceded 18 goals in their last 10 games.

Looks like they can be got at over there but we need to set up to attack them as they will score against us

It’s a Cup final and the reward possibly outweighs the EL Final,

The onus is on them the att k as the home team so we can play on the break, we can’t sit back though as they will pick us off, a Dortmund display will see us through.
How can the reward outweigh the EL Final :)

Winning a European trophy and automatically qualifying for the CL or winning the play off to qualify, horrendous statement that

Gio's record as a manager there is something of a mixed bag: 3-1 loss in the first season, a 1-0 win in the season Feynoord won the league, a 1-0 loss the following year and a 1-1 draw in his final season. As has been said, a Dortmund style performance will get us through.

How can the reward outweigh the EL Final :)

Winning a European trophy and automatically qualifying for the CL or winning the play off to qualify, horrendous statement that
Probably because winning next Wednesday gets the club £30m whereas reaching the EL final but not actually winning it probably gets you about £20m and no CL football.

Winning the EL would obviously have been a lot different.

...and outwith the 2 goals?
We created 1 clear chance and Colak scored. The other was a half chance I would say, the angle was difficult and the keeper had it covered.

The 2nd goal was a freak occurrence and doesn't even go down as creating a chance.

We need to stiffen up the midfield and have a flexible 3 5 2 and 5 3 2 when needed.Also I think the 2 should be Colak and Alfie,we need to score at least once and Colaks form means he shouldn't be dropped but Alfie is made for nights like this.

Just my opinion. I felt they came last night and had us at arms length for nearly the whole game. Created the best chances in the match and we couldn’t really complain if they had won it. For me they looked stronger alll over the pitch
Jesus, that’s a worrying assessment

Gio's record as a manager there is something of a mixed bag: 3-1 loss in the first season, a 1-0 win in the season Feynoord won the league, a 1-0 loss the following year and a 1-1 draw in his final season. As has been said, a Dortmund style performance will get us through.
His previous record there as a manger means nothing in the context of the 2nd leg.

Other than our 'supporters' on here who have already conceded the tie though I don't think any, reasonable, person would be surprised, whichever way it goes.

Jesus, that’s a worrying assessment
I don’t know what’s wrong with that. Out with our goals colak had one half chance. They missed a great chance in the first 5 mins and also had one just past the post. The second half in particular they were a level above us

I don’t know what’s wrong with that. Out with our goals colak had one half chance. They missed a great chance in the first 5 mins and also had one just past the post. The second half in particular they were a level above us
It’s absolute nonsense that’s why. We were better team 1st half, they looked to have the better of the 2nd but overall match stats show we were on top. The stats don’t lie

It’s absolute nonsense that’s why. We were better team 1st half, they looked to have the better of the 2nd but overall match stats show we were on top. The stats don’t lie

If the stats your talking about as possession, yeah our back 4 played 100s of passes but went nowhere and any shots other that the goal or the colak effort were essentially passbacks.

They we’re comfortable throughout the game and limited us to very few chances at home .

If the second leg was at Ibrox I'd be very confident. I think we can do it. If I had to put money it though, I would say that PSV are gonna edge it

I think it will suit us to play on the break, I would say they have a slight advantage and both teams were evenly matched last night , I can see it being a similar game next week with a few goals again, tough one to call but we need a big performance from all the players to go through

I remember watching PSV v Leicester City in the ECL quarters last season and get a feeling our match will be similar. Very strong start from the home team, creating some good chances, we'll gradually come into it.

Of course we need to do as Leicester and transform our chances into goals.
Yes, this is exactly what you can expect. Eindhoven will be absolutely buzzing, and it’ll be a great atmosphere. Usually in these games we can play very dominant, but mix that off and let opponents get into the game. Why that happens, nobody knows, but it’s true. Gl to you, may the best go through!

Back