Racist Kudela given 10 game ban, Kamara 3 games (all discussion here)

So I’d like to know if the GK “investigation“ was initiated on details contained in the UEFA observers or referees report?

Or whether it was initiated after Slavias moaning and mumping?

Roofe won't play for Jamaica, he recently said that he's still working towards an England cap on the super6 podcast
He was also asked by a Jamaican journalist if he might play for them. And he said “hopefully I’m working on my passport now”.

Reactions: TQ3
Ey8lavZWEAASZdg
And if anyone stands up to racist scum we will punish them just as severe.
YES TO RANGERSISM

The punishment handed down to Kudela is not a matter for us and, effectively, only noting it is the proper course of action for the club.

The severity or lack of is a matter for Amer Anwer and probably Kick it Out, Show racism the red card, etc. if they believe UEFA have been unduly lenient. Let them take UEFA to task as they see fit. They certainly are in a position to challenge UEFA and will be able to mobilise media backing if they choose to do so.

Rangers simply cannot take on UEFA with respect to punishment of another team’s player. To do so would only attract charges and sanctions against us.

Also remember that there is an active criminal complaint against Kudela in this country and Amer Anwer is not the sort of chap to allow the police (anywhere in Britain) to overlook taking him in for questioning should he set foot in the UK.

Players "assault" other players on the park week after week, not many get a 3 match ban never mind 6 , he is an oxygen thief.

What is Kamara supposed to do in the circumstances?
Walk away and let the guy off Scot free ?
He would be even more gutted if he hadn’t had a go at him

Even now the player can’t just admit it and say sorry properly. Does he really think people will believe he is accepting a 10 match ban for saying you’re a guy in his ear

He is an absolute scumbag, there is literally no hope for people like that

I wonder if, initially, Rangers took Kamara’s Lawyers word that it was the maximum ban - or if Kamara’s Lawyer took Rangers word that it was the maximum ban?

Both have since now either clarified it’s minimum or left any reference to minimum/maximum out.

I’m also still confused by Kamara’s Lawyer’s assertion that Glen’s ban was reduced from 5 games to 3 on Appeal - yet Rangers say they are going to Appeal both Kamara and Roofe’s bans?
Yeah Rangers statement was embarrassing.

maybe Anwar should be told to shut his mouth on club matters even where his client is involved.

Last edited:
Kamara's lawyer is a bit of joke tbh.

This is a serious matter and he got the player name wrong in his big statement to call it out and doesn't know the punishment rules.

Very poor and has let Glen down imo.

We should be talking to the various anti racism bodies, especially FARE, to try to get them to publicly back Kamara's appeal.

"Sends out the wrong message about assaulting players in a tunnel"

Here’s a wee story about Mr Rough, back in 1986 he met my boss at The World Cup in Mexico. They got chatting and he wanted to buy some goods from us that we had supplied to some other Scottish players at the World Cup. The boss called me and I sorted it for him, was told he would pay on return from the Wc. At today’s prices it would be around £6,000. When he returned he never took our call. Never returned messages and ghosted us. Eventually through a mutual friend at Hibs we managed to arrest his wages a year later to get paid. Janes Hunt of a man who owed money to everyone at the time

Kamara's lawyer is a bit of joke tbh.

This is a serious matter and he got the player name wrong in his big statement to call it out and doesn't know the punishment rules.

Very poor and has let Glen down imo.
To be honest, he's more a self publicising media whore than a good lawyer.

Great to see UEFA finally handing out a lengthy ban. I personally think he should’ve received a dated ban for at least 3 years from UEFA competition, along with the prize money Slavia winning from the tie v Rangers should be donated to an anti racist charity or fine him money to donate towards it.

Kamara being banned is a tough one, because him throwing punches is stupid. However I do feel the football authorities should be doing more to protect the players on the receiving end of racisim.
I have huge sympathy with Kamara.
To say he was forced into taking that action is an understatement.
Racist comments deserve extremely harsh retaliation.
Kamara could have harmed that c.u.n.t permanently.
If that had happened to me my temper would have been totally lost and the absolute red mist would have dropped
I think Glen did well not to gouge his eyes out.
They have now admitted it, a 10 game ban is absolutely no where near enough
Roofe gets a 4 game ban for a total accident that is just ridiculous
That racist meant exactly what he said, it was premeditated
He should be banned for an entire season in all competitions

Jeez, Kamara’s ban is CLUB matches ONLY. Kudela’s includes representative (international) matches.

It’s only just clicked with that Kamara could end up banned for a longer period than or similar length of time to Kudela.

If they get through against Arsenal, 3 of his 10 will be served. Euros guarantees another 3 at least, but they’ll probably get out of the group so let’s say 4.

So he’s 7 matches down before Kamara has even done 1 of his.

It’s only just clicked with that Kamara could end up banned for a longer period than or similar length of time to Kudela.

If they get through against Arsenal, 3 of his 10 will be served. Euros guarantees another 3 at least, but they’ll probably get out of the group so let’s say 4.

The Euros will not count towards his ban unless the manager of the national team names him in his squad for the tournament. Which he is obviously not going to do, depriving himself of a player in order to help a racist.

Made that point to a mate earlier - Kudela could be playing Champions League matches before Kamara.:mad:

The one thing we don’t know is whether the Czech matches over the Summer will count towards Kudela’s ban if, as I would expect, they leave him out of their squad.

Glad to see we are appealing both Roofe and Kamara.

Both bans are ridiculous.

The Kudela ban is far too light but I am not sure we are in a position to appeal a ban on a player of another club, especially to lengthen it. Perhaps we just have to leave it to others to deliver the flak to UEFA over that (they'll be getting plenty).

EDIT - We should have got our statement correct regarding this being the minimum punishment and not the maximum. Only published at 5.01pm so it should be retracted and a revised one issued immediately.
Remember, UEFA appealed their own findings when it came to singing a song, so rule nothing out.

Made that point to a mate earlier - Kudela could be playing Champions League matches before Kamara.:mad:

The one thing we don’t know is whether the Czech matches over the Summer will count towards Kudela’s ban if, as I would expect, they leave him out of their squad.
If the Czech national team includes him in the squad just to fulfil his ban, knowing that he can’t play a match, then I would hope that the corruption in UEFA will be highlighted even more if they don’t react to that!

Dunno if it’s been posted yet. Tom English take on the Kudela ban:

Ondrej Kudela's 10-game ban is hopelessly and depressingly insufficient but not at all surprising. It is not a deterrent - it is a slap on a wrist.

If you look at the way Uefa has "tackled" racism in the game over many, many years, this will not come as a shock.

There's multiple examples of blatant untrammelled racism being met with insufficient sanctions. This is Slavia's fourth strike.

For Uefa to say it is serious about tackling racism is an affront - it is an insult. Every right-thinking person should be offended by this.

If the Czech national team includes him in the squad just to fulfil his ban, knowing that he can’t play a match, then I would hope that the corruption in UEFA will be highlighted even more if they don’t react to that!
The way the BBC report reads seems to suggest that the Czech matches will count towards his ban.

I can’t find anything on FIFA or UEFA that says he has to be in their squad - or vice versa.

Slavia's Ondrej Kudela gets 10-game racism ban; Rangers' Glen Kamara & Kemar Roofe also banned
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56747993

I genuinely wonder what UEFA would do if all players from a non Caucasian background all decided %^*& it let's all go on strike because its obvious the governing body that is there to protect and look after our interests just don't give a flying %^*& about us, maybe it's something extreme that needs to happen for these idiots in charge to actually waken up and tackle racism , a 10 game ban for a player proven to have made racial slurs is a green light for racism to continue, absolutely shameful from UEFA who seem to constantly create headlines for all the wrong reasons, they could have made an example of Kudela by hammering him and sending out a clear message within European football that there is a zero tolerance to racist abuse, the question that needs answered is why are they not willing to hand out severe punishments/lifetime bans to eradicate it from the game???

I wonder if, initially, Rangers took Kamara’s Lawyers word that it was the maximum ban - or if Kamara’s Lawyer took Rangers word that it was the maximum ban?

Both have since now either clarified it’s minimum or left any reference to minimum/maximum out.

I’m also still confused by Kamara’s Lawyer’s assertion that Glen’s ban was reduced from 5 games to 3 on Appeal - yet Rangers say they are going to Appeal both Kamara and Roofe’s bans?
Yes, things appear to have descended into a shambles. If I were Glen I'd be alarmed by how my lawyer and club are going about this.

The way the BBC report reads seems to suggest that the Czech matches will count towards his ban.

I can’t find anything on FIFA or UEFA that says he has to be in their squad - or vice versa.

Slavia's Ondrej Kudela gets 10-game racism ban; Rangers' Glen Kamara & Kemar Roofe also banned
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56747993
Yea. BBC Scotland page.
I would think if he’s not in the squad then he’s not eligible to play any match. Banned or not. Therefore no matches have been served as a ban.
But, you just know this is growing and growing.
It will come back to the racist apologists at UEFA, who will do f*#k all again.

Czech scumbags on Twitter saying that Kudela’s lawyers have said they are taking this to CAS

Kamara 3 match ban for lamping a player, violent conduct, fair enough. His teammates should have had a stronger arm round him.
Kudela 10 match ban for calling a fellow professional a monkey- piss off Uefa! It should have been a 10 month ban.
No action against Slavia despite lies and obfuscation.
Kick Slavia out and clubs will quickly rein in their players racist tendencies.
Come on UEFA Show racism the RED card!

I am assuming he is another one of these people that has the same intelligence level as a steaming pile of shite?

Rangers have been fined 9,000 Euros for failing to control their players, but Slavia have had no punishment for their players (Cudelas) behaviour. Have I missed something here ?

Follows hot on the heels of him wanting the 5 COVID breakers banned for "at least 7 games. As that it was JJ and GE got".

What a nutter.

Rangers have been fined 9,000 Euros for failing to control their players, but Slavia have had no punishment for their players (Cudelas) behaviour. Have I missed something here ?
I think most of the fine for Rangers was in relation to the yellow and red cards we received. Sure I read somewhere it was 1000 Euros per yellow and 2000 Euros per red as a matter of course, but if you go above a certain level its deemed ‘failing to control your players’.

I think most of the fine for Rangers was in relation to the yellow and red cards we received. Sure I read somewhere it was 1000 Euros per yellow and 2000 Euros per red as a matter of course, but if you go above a certain level its deemed ‘failing to control your players’.
The 9,000 is a fine for the accumulation of cards in the competition?

Back