Racist Kudela given 10 game ban, Kamara 3 games (all discussion here)

Surely if he isn’t picked for the euro squad they wouldn’t count? What’s to stop any no mark who gets a uefa ban saying oh I would’ve got picked for the euros, even if they’ve never been near the national team.

The Twitter post from Uefa says 10 matches he would otherwise be eligible to play, he wouldn’t be eligible to play if he didn’t get picked for the squad though?

In their rules. And it has been quoted pretty widely on here, on fan media and in the media.

Here is one article after a 2 second search. Not digging out UEFA rules for you.
Perhaps if you had dug out the UEFA rules you would have got your facts right ;)

10 games is not, as you state, the maximum suspension UEFA could apply.

Their rules state that any person guilty of racist abuse "incurs a suspension lasting at least 10 matches or a specified time or any other appropriate sanction".

10 games is, therefore, the minimum not the maximum suspension.

Sadly one lie they didn't say, was the one about the fracas in the tunnel.
We haven't boxed clever as a club here.
We never outright denied the incident in the tunnel. If it really was in front of a UEFA delegate there's not much else we could have done as a club

Am i reading it right that his 10 game ban include all club games? So he could be possibly be back playing in UEFA club games before Kamara? If so that is an absolute disgrace.
It's club games under UEFA, not domestic. But he'll serve a bit of his suspension missing games at the Euros than he will in UEFA club competitions.. I hope their international team get bounced out asap.

It's piss poor that the club aren't punished for their players squabbling or more so for the absolute bullshit smoke screen they tried to put up over this.

Well that certainly shows us all just how pathetic UEFA actually are

It really is going to take teams walking off the pitch, games being abandoned &/or worse - before anything significant ever happens

It's crystal clear to anyone that may have had doubts - that UEFA aren't capable of, or have genuine intention in, dealing with racist behaviour

I only hope (non-Scots) media outlets, players unions & assorted pundits call them out for their cowardice

Does Kudela's ban include Czech Republics euro 2021 games even if he isn't picked for the squad?

Or does he have to be in listed in their 25 man squad for the ban to include these game?
Would Roofe's ban include the Euros if he wasn't chosen in the England squad? NO!

If he ain't in the squad - it can't count.

Surely if he isn’t picked for the euro squad they wouldn’t count? What’s to stop any no mark who gets a uefa ban saying oh I would’ve got picked for the euros, even if they’ve never been near the national team.

The Twitter post from Uefa says 10 matches he would otherwise be eligible to play, he wouldn’t be eligible to play if he didn’t get picked for the squad though?
So by that thinking, would his country have to go to the Euro's a man down?

Kieran Trippier was banned for more games for telling a mate he was moving to Spain.

Uefa will have 'Say no to Racism' plastered across stuff next season though.

They're only interested in milking the game for money and nothing else.

It's club games under UEFA, not domestic. But he'll serve a bit of his suspension missing games at the Euros than he will in UEFA club competitions.. I hope their international team get bounced out asap.

It's piss poor that the club aren't punished for their players squabbling or more so for the absolute bullshit smoke screen they tried to put up over this.
Is this 100%? I’m of the opinion the Euro games would only count if he was picked for the squad, which would mean the manager wasting one of his squad places in order to help out the racist.
Exactly, the manager could pick him knowing he won’t be able to play, therefore wasting one of his squad picks. He would only do this to help out the racist. (Very possible knowing them)

But if he doesn’t get picked then he isn’t ‘eligible’ to play, the key word in the UEFA Twitter post.

Jeez, Kamara’s ban is CLUB matches ONLY. Kudela’s includes representative (international) matches.
That's a bit convenient for them also if he isn't a regular for Czech Republic. Likely banned for games he wouldn't have played in.

Edit. Seen above that If not picked then bans don't count. That makes more sense.

UEFA have shown themselves up big time on this. I fully expect a few prominent black players to be quite rightly, going mental about this. The guy deserved more than a punch and a ten game ban. Kamara deserves praise for standing up to the racist scum

Slavia received UEFA disciplinary decision
DNES, KLUB
This Wednesday Slavia received the decision of the UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body regarding Slavia player Ondřej Kúdela and his incident with Rangers player Glen Kamara.
This Wednesday Slavia received the decision of the UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body regarding Slavia player Ondřej Kúdela and his incident with Rangers player Glen Kamara relating to the match of the respective clubs on 18 March 2021.

Members of the UEFA disciplinary body on today’s meeting reached the conclusion that Ondřej Kúdela is guilty of racist behaviour. UEFA sent this decision, yet to be explained, to the club which informed the player.

Slavia Chairman of the Board Jaroslav Tvrdík said: “Ondřej was suspended for 10 UEFA games and as a club we respect the decision,” adding that “In any case, Ondřej Kúdela should not have approached the opposition player. I deeply regret that and apologise to Glen Kamara for a situation that has clearly caused distress to him and his teammates, as well as everyone associated with Slavia and Rangers. I am taking positive steps to prevent such a situation from happening in our club ever again.”

A long-term aim of the club’s management is to build a “Slavia for everybody” with zero tolerance towards hatred, racism, and discrimination. Slavia never discriminated against any minority as a club. Mr Tvrdík nevertheless stated: We want to learn even more from this situation, and we are open to cooperation with major anti-racism British organizations on workshops and setting up even more robust internal club rules. It is a way for us to organize a broader dialogue that should result in mutual understanding between people in Czechia as well as the UK. This would benefit all players, fans, and citizens.

Piara Power trying to make out it’s a decent punishment ‘could mean he’s out for two seasons effectively.’ Load of pish.

DNES, KLUB
This Wednesday Slavia received the decision of the UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body regarding Slavia player Ondřej Kúdela and his incident with Rangers player Glen Kamara.
This Wednesday Slavia received the decision of the UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body regarding Slavia player Ondřej Kúdela and his incident with Rangers player Glen Kamara relating to the match of the respective clubs on 18 March 2021.

Members of the UEFA disciplinary body on today’s meeting reached the conclusion that Ondřej Kúdela is guilty of racist behaviour. UEFA sent this decision, yet to be explained, to the club which informed the player.

Slavia Chairman of the Board Jaroslav Tvrdík said: “Ondřej was suspended for 10 UEFA games and as a club we respect the decision,” adding that “In any case, Ondřej Kúdela should not have approached the opposition player. I deeply regret that and apologise to Glen Kamara for a situation that has clearly caused distress to him and his teammates, as well as everyone associated with Slavia and Rangers. I am taking positive steps to prevent such a situation from happening in our club ever again.”

A long-term aim of the club’s management is to build a “Slavia for everybody” with zero tolerance towards hatred, racism, and discrimination. Slavia never discriminated against any minority as a club. Mr Tvrdík nevertheless stated: We want to learn even more from this situation, and we are open to cooperation with major anti-racism British organizations on workshops and setting up even more robust internal club rules. It is a way for us to organize a broader dialogue that should result in mutual understanding between people in Czechia as well as the UK. This would benefit all players, fans, and citizens.
Swift U-turn from their nutter of a chairman. All apologies now.

Kudela has just missed out on the Euros, the only national tournament he will ever have had the opportunity to play in.

10 games feels lenient but the fact he will today be having to contemplate missing out on THE biggest event in his footballing career feels like a suitable punishment to me.

Is this 100%? I’m of the opinion the Euro games would only count if he was picked for the squad, which would mean the manager wasting one of his squad places in order to help out the racist.

Exactly, the manager could pick him knowing he won’t be able to play, therefore wasting one of his squad picks. He would only do this to help out the racist. (Very possible knowing them)

But if he doesn’t get picked then he isn’t ‘eligible’ to play, the key word in the UEFA Twitter post.
This is a good point. It seems a bit chicken and egg.

Does he not play in the Euros because he's suspended or when he is not picked for the Euros does that mean these games don't count?

He certainly won't be in the squad. And reading the text from the judgements it refers to games where he is eligible.

Is he eligible for Euro games if he's not picked? Is he eligible but suspended and therefore not picked?

It's a minefield.

I hope we appeal.

It’s too light on Kudela, and too harsh on Glen. UEFA had an opportunity to make sure Kudela never plays European football again given his age. I think his club should also have been sanctioned for what we now know to be defending the racist actions of one of their players.

If Kamara was guilty of striking him in the tunnel then it should be no more than a red card and a one match ban.

Once again UEFA have taken the easy way out with a decision that finds both players guilty and gives them a facade of evenhandedness to hide behind. They’ll no doubt get away with it because one of the big boys isn’t involved and the media have shown they don’t really care as much as they would if the likes of Naymar had been the victim.

DNES, KLUB

The chairman has pretty much admitted it happened there.

From the original Twitter post, Kudela's 10 match ban includes the previous game against Arsenal. So by the end of tomorrow's game he could be looking at only 8 more games suspended.

If they win tomorrow, 6 after the semis have been completed. If they reached the final, only 5.

I don't know if they ban includes international friendlies, the Czech's have two organised before the Euros.

If Slavia go further in the Europa League and he was selected for the Euros. He could possibly be playing European football early next season.

Another Slavia statement. This one is much more constructive to be fair.

Too little too late from the scumbags.

Their chairman was in full deflection mode and their actions caused Glen Kamara and Kemar Roofe to suffer further racist abuse across social media from their supporters.

Pretty much what we expected from UEFA. No surprise at all. Just share the blame among everyone.

Why have Rangers got a fine for the teams behaviour? Shouldn't that be Slavia for being racost scumbags?

I can see the logic in both bans if Kamara hit him. I think it should be reduced due to the circumstances see why it isn't.

Considering what that club have came away with in the last month Kamara deserves more than an apology.

If they're serious about racism, which is doubtful, they should sack the racist.

Back