Rafa Benitez releases statement after leaving Newcastle United

What is he supposed to do? Eh, back the manager for a start.
What, give him £50/60/70m to go up 1 place ? Benitez has won La Liga, CL and EL and is never going to do that with Newcastle. He was there until the next big job came up.
The only way to get rid of Ashley is for nobody to turn up. It won't have a great financial effect but visually it will be terrible and I can't see Sky or BT putting them on the telly. This would be more catastrophic for Ashley than the financial effect.

Newcastle fans really have been quite nice to Ashley when you think of it. You look at how he has absolutely ripped the heart out of the club - they do let him. They need to make him feel the pain and they just don't do it.

Between Rangers fans and Newcastle fans there should be so much pain put in Ashley's direction they only thing he needs to worry about is WHEN the heart attack is coming.

They have to:

Stop buying season tickets

Stop Buying merchandise

Actively target his retail outlets in a legal manner

It took us a few years to galvanise, even though he treated us with contempt it still took a few years to get the majority of the support onside.

Newcastle have a dark and miserable future ahead of them, it will be years and years of heartache. They simply have to face the fact that this man is ruining their club, and they would be better in the 4th division without him than in the EPL with him in control.

Bit harder for them when they are currently in the premier league, just being there guarantees them over £100m a year.

But now they've lost Rafa, I expect them to be relegated, they need to drop down to league 1 like Sunderland, make it financially not viable for the slug to operate. A big risk sure, but if they seriously want rid of him it's something they have to do.

A wee protest at the stadium or at one his jobs does nothing when they've already bought the strip and proceed to wear it the stadium after the protest.

Unless the Geordies, who are great football fans, can get their own version of Dave King and Three Bears to stand up to that fat leech, they are goosed for the forseeable future. What doesn't help the Geordie fans, however, is that they've never been used to winning trophies like us and nothing really much has changed down the decades. Just turn up, by the kit, etc, and still win nothing.

To be fair Rangers fans have had worse treatment in the past 7 years and nobody stormed our doors.

True, but then we didn't have one of our better managers leave, release a statement saying he was eager to stay and build something and blame the board.

I hate Ashley with a passion, but what is he supposed to do ? There are 6 big clubs in England (financially) at present but only 4 can get the holy grail of CL football. That leaves 1 place for EL and the current clubs chasing this Wolves, Leicester,West Ham and Leicester. Fans have expectations of success and to me that means staying in the top divisions. Where do NUFC fans think they should be ?

I will never, ever understand the human brain.

Time to take the bull by the horns. Rafa is gone so it's time for them to boycott and force change at that club.

I feel sorry for them as we have seen the destruction these bastards can bring to the club you love but if they keep filling the stadium and buying the merchandise then nothing is gona change.

Grow a set FFS!!

There comes a time when enough is enough,up to the fans now,although I think little will change.

To be fair Rangers fans have had worse treatment in the past 7 years and nobody stormed our doors.

Rangers fans had got the end of their tether and it got pretty ugly at the Hearts game.

We also had a huge drop in season ticket sales and they were still dropping

We were selling very little merchandise

We had targetted Sports Direct shops

We had organised marches and events against Ashley

Things would have got worse and we would have raised our fightback, of that I have no doubt. It was finally sinking in to even the most naive of Rangers fans just how bad Ashley was treating us.

In saying that, without Dave King we would probably have been fighting a losing battle.

Respect, Rafa.

Ashley is a cynt.

Newcastle fans are retards, they should have been out in droves and chased that fat slug bastard.

Sooner blood type ketchup kops it, the better for everyone.

This is why anyone that thinks our manager will be going there needs their head looked at.

Rafa is a very high quality and experienced manager and he left because he didn't feel he'd be given the tools required to do a respectable job.

Feel sorry for the Newcastle fans as it's a bit despairing. They don't appear to have anyone willing/able to buy Mike Ashley out.

Boycotts etc. likely won't work as they won't give him an asking price.

I hope they wake up, boycott his tat, the club's merchandise and even games.

They need the fat bastard gone

Feel sorry for the Newcastle fans as it's a bit despairing. They don't appear to have anyone willing/able to buy Mike Ashley out.

Boycotts etc. likely won't work as they won't give him an asking price.

They need to try - their efforts so far have been pathetic.

They need to try - their efforts so far have been pathetic.

Yeah, that's fair enough. There'll be 2 sides in this though with perhaps the majority 'seemingly' happy/accepting of where they are at and what is going on.

We had one meaningful protest before the Hearts game (that I can remember) and even then it was from a minority and was met with dissent from folk going into the match.

They need someone with money willing to pay, that seems to be the bottom line on how to remove someone.

Don't know why folk are having a go at the Geordies here. They love their team and merchandise etc will be a tiny percentage of their income, it's all about the TV money down there so it isn't really comparable to us, and even then Ashley still has his hands gripped around our bollocks.

The day that fat breathing heart attack drops dead will be a great day for football.

"Unfortunately, it became increasingly clear to me that those at the top of the Club did not share the same vision.
xoZfOpq.jpg

What, give him £50/60/70m to go up 1 place ? Benitez has won La Liga, CL and EL and is never going to do that with Newcastle. He was there until the next big job came up.
The only way to get rid of Ashley is for nobody to turn up. It won't have a great financial effect but visually it will be terrible and I can't see Sky or BT putting them on the telly. This would be more catastrophic for Ashley than the financial effect.

He's won all those trophies but he'd never do it at Newcastle? You know this as fact do you? Rafa is a top manager,if he was backed to bring in the players he wanted then I have no doubt they would be top 4 easily.

Don't know why folk are having a go at the Geordies here. They love their team and merchandise etc will be a tiny percentage of their income, it's all about the TV money down there so it isn't really comparable to us, and even then Ashley still has his hands gripped around our bollocks.

It's easier and less hassle to carry on as normal - perhaps they lack ambition to get rid of Ashley.

Perhaps back to back relegations would focus their minds.

If the Newcastle fans boycotted the club and had demos every week till he left I would have sympathy for them but sorry I don’t.

No, but we had much worse.

I'm actually not disagreeing, but there were very different circumstances. Rafa was the last shred of normality that club had. Now thats gone, their fans have nothing except total stagnation under Ashley to look forward to.

We should have went in that night the Hearts game was abandoned, but alls well that ends well for us I guess.

We haven't yet sent him packing.

True. He’s still lurking with his retail contracts. Thankfully though he’s no representation on our board.

I’m seriously hoping that this is the case.

You’d think there were laws against cuckooing people into companies then getting those companies to sign restrictive covenants that hindered their trade for perpetuity.

If not then there should be. It’s a disgrace the way our then board acted against their fiduciary duties.

If I were a NUFC fan, I'd be storming the doors of St James' Park after reading that.

That was their big chance to really build something. All they had to do was back Rafa, but as we especially know all too well, Ashley was never going to do that.

Over to you, Toon Army.
Don't know why the supporters haven't revolted before now and if that doesn't make them revolt,nothing will. Can't imagine how hamstring that club will be under him.

Mike Ashley absolutely loves guys like you.

Newcastle are fvcked. Look at the damage the fatman done to us with contracts etc in a limited space of time with limited power. He has been in complete control of Newcastle for years, I really dont envisage a scenario that they are completely rid of him.

The worrying thing for them is they won’t see the full damage until he is gone.

Two sides to this arse...

1. Ashley is clearly a lady's front bottom, little else needed on that - anyone thinking anything other than that is howling at the moon.

2. Benitez just comes across like an overbearing wank, he did so pre Newcastle so that isn't just an Ashley exclusive trait of his.

Whilst Ashley is a total cnut, he has provided Benitez with a f'ckn fortune to spend on players and wages (including 70m quid if [I remember correctly] when they were in the Championship. Yeah, Newcastle have a big stadium but they are not a massive club and simply don't have the revenue streams to match the top 6. Ashley has stated that the club will live within its means. Personally, I can't see anything wrong with that.

As for the fans, f'ck em...bunch of horse punching twats.

Ps, I'm also a Sunderland fan.

Pps, F'ck Ashley!!!

Whilst Ashley is a total cnut, he has provided Benitez with a f'ckn fortune to spend on players and wages (including 70m quid if [I remember correctly] when they were in the Championship. Yeah, Newcastle have a big stadium but they are not a massive club and simply don't have the revenue streams to match the top 6. Ashley has stated that the club will live within its means. Personally, I can't see anything wrong with that.

Pps, F'ck Ashley!!!
No luck mate.

Benitez said: "Dear NUFC fans, Thank you for three fantastic, exciting and, at times, challenging years.

"What we have had here - your support, your affection and your passion - has been unbelievable for me. St James' Park has been always special, the 5-1 win against Tottenham, 15-05-2016, was so emotional that since that day I have always felt as though I belonged at Newcastle and I thank you for making me feel so welcome and at home.

"Thank you to everyone at the Club who has helped the team and of course to the fine players who grew and fought with us and to the staff (one of the best I have ever shared time with).

"From winning the Championship, to our two seasons in the Premier League, fans, staff and players have all been United. I wanted to stay, but I didn't just want to sign an extended contract, I wanted to be part of a project.

"Unfortunately, it became increasingly clear to me that those at the top of the Club did not share the same vision.

"I’m very sad about that, but I do not regret for one moment my decision to come to Tyneside and I’m very proud about what we achieved together.

"I will always have you in my heart. Best of luck for the future. C’mon Toons!’"
And he thinks he could get Gerrard lol

The fat lady's front bottom should be in Carstairs

I hate Ashley with a passion, but what is he supposed to do ? There are 6 big clubs in England (financially) at present but only 4 can get the holy grail of CL football. That leaves 1 place for EL and the current clubs chasing this Wolves, Leicester,West Ham and Leicester. Fans have expectations of success and to me that means staying in the top divisions. Where do NUFC fans think they should be ?

It's quite simple, if you are a magpie/barcode, you simply have no dreams of achieving anything. No dreams or ambitions at all.

Surely as a football fan it is your dreams and ambitions that keep you going?

The Newcastle fans have nothing. (Not that I care about them, as they keep turning up for the sucker punch)

They have nothing, and the financial vampire that is Ashley has sucked the lifeblood out of them altogether.

Don't get me wrong, they hadn't won anything in thirty odd years before Ashley came along, but at least they had dreams. Ashley has even sucked that out of them.

Pps, F'ck Ashley!!!

Mind you, at least they're not down in League two;)

If I were a NUFC fan, I'd be storming the doors of St James' Park after reading that.

That was their big chance to really build something. All they had to do was back Rafa, but as we especially know all too well, Ashley was never going to do that.

Over to you, Toon Army.

But they don't, they queue up and sell out the tickets and strips just like Ashley wants them to do.

There's a campaign to boycott I've seen on Twitter. It includes season tickets and merchandise. I'm still to be convinced they won't still show up in numbers with their new kits on in August.

If/when he sells up, the Geordies will owe Cashley their very souls. A terrible price for their blind loyalty. As a Makem, I take no pleasure in that.

Even if not one fan turned up it would barely even scratch the surface of Ashley's incomings. 95% of his takings from Newcastle will be TV money.
This is the problem for Newcastle fans.

There's very little they can do to change it other than completely tank the club and take it into the Championship or League One for a few years. Only then would their boycott have any effect. And you're talking maybe five years of staying away from SJP - that's a long time, and life is short.

Yeah, that's fair enough. There'll be 2 sides in this though with perhaps the majority 'seemingly' happy/accepting of where they are at and what is going on.

We had one meaningful protest before the Hearts game (that I can remember) and even then it was from a minority and was met with dissent from folk going into the match.

They need someone with money willing to pay, that seems to be the bottom line on how to remove someone.

I remember handing out leaflets on behalf of sons of struth at home games and being laughed at and discounted by a lot of fans. I think we perhaps forget there was a lot of ambivalence at the time which is now painted as we all stood together.

I remember handing out leaflets on behalf of sons of struth at home games and being laughed at and discounted by a lot of fans. I think we perhaps forget there was a lot of ambivalence at the time which is now painted as we all stood together.

It's easier for folk who were pro 'everyone' to project it that way.

Always had a soft spot for Newcastle, but if the fans continue to fill Ashley’s pockets by buying shirts and filling out the stadium they deserve all they get.

A real shame as Rafa with a decent owner behind him could have been the recipe for seeing Newcastle back at the top end of league.

Back