Ralph Hasenhüttl and Southampton

Fair play to Hasenhüttl and Southampton. He's managed to turn it around and Southampton stuck by him after the 9-0 hiding at St. Mary's to Leicester.

Even after the 9-0 match they lost the next three. He then ditched the three-man defence in favour of the high-energy 4-2-2-2 formation that served him so well in guiding RB Leipzig to second place in their debut Bundesliga, and results have turned for the better.

Drew with Arsenal, beat Watford, Norwich then lost to Newcastle and West Ham.

On a run of 5/6 wins (includes beating Chelsea, Totttenham and Leicester away in the reserve league match).

Currently 2-0 up against Wolves.
That is an incredible turn around to be fair

Great manager and you can see the team growing in stature the longer he's with them. Be interesting to see Southampton back him big time in the summer

NES has made an exciting Wolves team to watch these last few seasons. 6th - level on points with a parody Man Utd team and now 5pts behind Chelsea for 4th. Exciting times just now if your a wolves fan
I went v spurs before Christmas.live near Wolverhamptin even though I'm a blues fan.to say they are good when they click is a understatement. they lost through a daft late goal but were suoerb

I thought he was a certainty to be sacked. Great they have turned it round a bit more loyalty in football sometimes pays off. Far too many sacked too soon nowadays.

I was sure he was a goner after the Leicester result. Southampton fan I work with says a lot of the fans were, and continue to be, behind him.

Good for the Southampton board for sticking with it. He’s done a tremendous job lifting the team that took a hiding.

Back