Raman tweet on next season

GimmeShelter

Official Ticketer
Interesting tweet from Raman on next season.

Someone replied about PT and Falkirk going into an extended Championship but he said he didn’t think that would be a goer.

Johnny Yen

Probably a good bit of guesswork involved there, he’s probably been fed some info as well though.

Truth is it’s difficult to forecast at this stage, no fans before February seems ridiculous, that’s 9 months away, there is no way they will make a prediction that length of time away.

Chopper

Just goes to show again how much of a farce ending the season now looks and the fact that next season will potentially be even shorter. Neither a finished season yet the SPFL will do anything to get them to 10.

These two seasons (if next proceeds like he says) need to completely removed from any record. Only in Scotland would that not happen.

sammy1872

If that’s true then there won’t be a old firm game before February. Sky will insist they have fans for them. Prob just play 1 a month February - May. The old firm was the first game cancelled. Wouldn’t be surprised if it was first game back with fans at parkhead

Bluenose1992

To be fair if it’s 18 games that suits us we will win the league before the winter break which seems to %^*& is up every year
Think he means Championship 18 games mate.

To be honest I really think playing behind closed doors will favour us rather than them. An empty Piggery could also see them drop more points at home.

OdinsBeard

To be fair most of the clubs in this shitey league have %^*& all fans there anyway. Pretty embarrassing when we take up 2/3 stands and the home teams pathetic support can’t fill the other.

BrooklynBlue

If it's 18 games then the Championship could feasibly start in January/February, allowing the games to have fans. What would be the point in trying to force an October kick-off?

aldoshmaldo

No fans in stadiums till February? Surely to god that’s nonsense? No fans at all?

We could easily safely fit a few thousand in Ibrox from August.

Harrogate Bluenose

This whole reconstruction is just pish that is holding everything back, not just legal issues.

How can they vote on reconstruction when in the championship they think they will play 50% of games and no league 1 or 2.

RFC Numerouno

Is it not the case that it the Premiership doesn't start on 1 August then Sky can cancel the existing 5 year contract as the SPFL would be in breach - obviously Sky would renegotiate but on much less favourable terms?

Valley Bluenose

Is it not the case that it the Premiership doesn't start on 1 August then Sky can cancel the existing 5 year contract as the SPFL would be in breach - obviously Sky would renegotiate but on much less favourable terms?
I don’t think Sky will be ‘baddies’ in this. The contract will work as planned - but with payments delayed until the footie starts. And that, right there, will be the issue. The clubs desperately need the dosh as soon as possible.

Papatango

They will. It will mean more potential subscriptions
Just wait till the redundancies kick in post furlough. The number of Sky subscribers are about to plummet.

Throw into the mix that games with no fans is about as watchable as songs of praise so Sky is not the panacea that Dungcaster and co hope it will be.

Sky have an expensive contract that the SPFL are desperate to honour, Im not so sure though that Sky will be that keen to honour it as they will not be getting the product that they thought they were buying. I would be delighted if they decided it simply want worth the bother and bailed out.

Renfrew@UKGB&NI

Think he means Championship 18 games mate.

To be honest I really think playing behind closed doors will favour us rather than them. An empty Piggery could also see them drop more points at home.
Are you saying that they get behind the team more? Not having a dig btw, you may have a point.

Renfrew@UKGB&NI

Just goes to show again how much of a farce ending the season now looks and the fact that next season will potentially be even shorter. Neither a finished season yet the SPFL will do anything to get them to 10.

These two seasons (if next proceeds like he says) need to completely removed from any record. Only in Scotland would that not happen.
They can call it 10 all they want, I'll never recognise it. I wasnt going to recognise it anyway.

denmad

so fans will be paying season tickets to basically keep clubs afloat?big ask when people are on furlough and being made redundant that clubs would ask for money with no access to games.

Davie_Mitchell

I’m sure that’s being examined right now on how to just award them every thing going from here on in by a dodgy vote
It is certainly not beyond the thinking of any right minded Celtc biased football administration to squeeze them into both the Champions League and the Europa League next season. I don’t see why that can’t be done. SPFL, get it sorted, cheers.

jaws73

Official Ticketer
I don’t think Sky will be ‘baddies’ in this. The contract will work as planned - but with payments delayed until the footie starts. And that, right there, will be the issue. The clubs desperately need the dosh as soon as possible.
Couldn't wait to end football to gift Celtic the title.

Then, once plot has been hatched.

Can't wait to get football started again.

Transparent to few but not to many, that's the current Scotland for you.