Ramsey’s attitude

True
They only have 29,000 season tickets holders (most games only 75% of them bother turning up but get counted in attendance )
Even with that they only draw crowds of 30k for run of the mill Serie A games (Chievio last month)
They actually set aside around 5000 tickets for tourists for every game also, so that give another false impression of their support.
Imagine the outcry here if Season books got cancelled for tourists.
For Italy’s biggest club to only build a 41K capacity stadium as they knew they’d only ever fill it for the biggest of games tells you all you need to know.
Granted they have a huge worldwide fan base.
But for me fan base and supporters are 2 different things.
Aaron Ramsey knows the difference now!
In the three seasons before Covid their average attendance was 93% of the capacity.

Been spot on so far.

Putting plenty on social media, tagging team mates, talking about how much he enjoyed playing at Annan…

It’s a small thing but he seems very humble and happy to be here. Brilliant that the most well known player in the squad is conducting himself in such a way - can only be a great example to the younger ones.
Read he said his first game for Cardiff was chasetown in the cup.which is a few miles from me and is probably not a fat lot different to Annan

True
They only have 29,000 season tickets holders (most games only 75% of them bother turning up but get counted in attendance )
Even with that they only draw crowds of 30k for run of the mill Serie A games (Chievio last month)
They actually set aside around 5000 tickets for tourists for every game also, so that give another false impression of their support.
Imagine the outcry here if Season books got cancelled for tourists.
For Italy’s biggest club to only build a 41K capacity stadium as they knew they’d only ever fill it for the biggest of games tells you all you need to know.
Granted they have a huge worldwide fan base.
But for me fan base and supporters are 2 different things.
Aaron Ramsey knows the difference now!
I remember when they played at the old stadio delle alpi and it was usually about a 3rd full! They never had a huge support. Then again most Italian stadiums were like that unless it was Derby day

Genuinely can't wait until we somehow land him on a 4 year contract in the summer and his hamstring explodes the next game.

Some of his touches and movement were top notch today. He sees everything two and three steps ahead.
????????? What?

I remember when they played at the old stadio delle alpi and it was usually about a 3rd full! They never had a huge support. Then again most Italian stadiums were like that unless it was Derby day
There was about 50,000 at our Champions League game there in 1995, so setting a capacity of 40,000 at their new place seems weird.

Back