Ramsey’s attitude

a brilliant example both in ability and personality for our youngsters to learn from. Even if he’s only here until the end of the season, we could see the benefits of his loan move in players like Lowry for years to come.

It was his first start in a few months, on a plastic pitch and it looked like they were playing in a monsoon. I feel like you may be being overly harsh.
Remember when Hateley first came from Monaco after being out for ages with his ankle injury?, he was awful for a spell until he got his match fitness back. Ramsay is a quality player, give him games and we’ll see the player he is.

Last edited:
Remember when Hately first came from Monaco after being out for ages with his ankle injury?, he was awful for a spell until he got his match fitness back. Ramsay is a quality player, give him games and we’ll see the player he is.

No but I don’t doubt what you say.

All I’d say is that Ramsey has been pretty decent from what I’ve seen so far. He’s definitely not been awful.

Attitude spot on but still looks very rusty. Finances aside, don’t see him staying beyond the summer.

Would rather we spent the £5.5m plus high wages on someone younger with a bit more energy and tempo

Very professional player with an excellent work ethic, he has always impressed me when I’ve watched Arsenal or Wales, but whether he can get fit enough in such a limited amount of time to make a difference for us is a concern.
! He’s different gravy mate ! Guarantee you he gets couple games he,s a stand out ! Even watching him he,s just coasting to get fit ! Looking forward to seeing him full flow

Attitude spot on but still looks very rusty. Finances aside, don’t see him staying beyond the summer.

Would rather we spent the £5.5m plus high wages on someone younger with a bit more energy and tempo
Well he’s obviously rusty ! He’s just getting up to speed ! Bar injuries he,ll win us the league!! He’s totally different class and what a signing

Reactions: TQ3
Ramsey will need to give a lot more, on a consistent basis, if he is to impact our season in any credible way, just like any player playing for Rangers; particularly in midfield. Hopefully he is on the way to doing that.

Think he will be an inspired signing, a real 'captain' /leader for us too no disrespect to Tav.

He looks like he wants to bust a gut for us too, just need him to get to full fitness!
Personally hope he signs with us long term too.

Can't wait until he is a lot fitter and up to speed. He seems a real good sort.
Well, now we know why he's here instead of down south. He'd be unlikely to get any game time down there as he tries to regain fitness/sharpness. Hopefully he can find some sort of level sooner rather than later.

Really hope we somehow manage to keep him longer than the 4 months. However if not then if he leaves with a league winners medal then everyone wins from it.

I like his attitude already...has slotted in well...doesn't appear to have any ego and whats more not once yesterday did he give the impression he would have been happier playing in the sunshine of Turin, rather than a force 8 storm in picturesque Annan.

Well, now we know why he's here instead of down south. He'd be unlikely to get any game time down there as he tries to regain fitness/sharpness. Hopefully he can find some sort of level sooner rather than later.

I think it's fairly obvious yeah. To me it looks like he is here to get himself back playing, getting fit and putting himself in a good place for his next move. The upside of it for us is that we get the use of a class player who will contribute once he gets to that level. I don't think it will be too long at all until he is. All abouy staying in the race for the league and he will be a difference maker, I am sure of it.

Away, have a pull and relieve inner tensions.

It is a mutually beneficial 6 month relationship.

Lets hope it ends with medals to top it off.
This is what it is. Reality. Is he wasn’t going to come in and pull up trees for us. He’s a nuanced skilful player who we will hopefully help back to fitness and who will perhaps add something that may or may not swing a point or two in our favour in the league. Or even the cup. Worst case the profile of our club is further raised by attracting such a player in the first place and whether we like it or not the whole social media/big name thing will bring benefit.

I think it's fairly obvious yeah. To me it looks like he is here to get himself back playing, getting fit and putting himself in a good place for his next move. The upside of it for us is that we get the use of a class player who will contribute once he gets to that level. I don't think it will be too long at all until he is. All abouy staying in the race for the league and he will be a difference maker, I am sure of it.
Let's hope so.

He’s a different class of player to most on the pitch, will be a joy in a blue shirt.

Edited cause he has!

Last edited:
This is a guy who just wants to play football and enjoy playing football.

And if anything - that is why he may be at Ibrox next season.

Genuinely can't wait until we somehow land him on a 4 year contract in the summer and his hamstring explodes the next game.

Some of his touches and movement were top notch today. He sees everything two and three steps ahead.
What a very strange thing to be genuinely excited about seeing.

Been spot on so far.

Putting plenty on social media, tagging team mates, talking about how much he enjoyed playing at Annan…

It’s a small thing but he seems very humble and happy to be here. Brilliant that the most well known player in the squad is conducting himself in such a way - can only be a great example to the younger ones.
Seems like he just wants to get back to enjoying playing football again. He’s made his money

The more he loves life at rangers the better the chance he stays.

Yes we're not paying the same as some dross in the EPL but we have something very very different and special to give to as player at the tail end of his career

He could have 2/3 special seasons at Ibrox, win more trophies than the rest of his career put together and be a legend for eternity.

Aye, but the political will to build a low capacity stadium was puzzling. 40,000 crowds are mediocre. Very, very surprised Juve did that.
It can’t be considered a strangely mediocre attendance if the stadium is full

Read my post. The decision to build a ground with a bafflingly mediocre capacity of 40,000 is downright puzzling.
You said “they get strangely mediocre attendances for some reason” as if it couldn’t be explained. A sell out isn’t a strangely mediocre attendance regardless of stadium size.

If you said “it’s strange that they have such a small stadium” then that would make sense.

You said “they get strangely mediocre attendances for some reason” as if it couldn’t be explained. A sell out isn’t a strangely mediocre attendance regardless of stadium size.

If you said “it’s strange that they have such a small stadium” then that would make sense.
I did day that, though. See post 88.

Not true. Since they moved into the current stadium over ten years ago it’s often full.
True
They only have 29,000 season tickets holders (most games only 75% of them bother turning up but get counted in attendance )
Even with that they only draw crowds of 30k for run of the mill Serie A games (Chievio last month)
They actually set aside around 5000 tickets for tourists for every game also, so that give another false impression of their support.
Imagine the outcry here if Season books got cancelled for tourists.
For Italy’s biggest club to only build a 41K capacity stadium as they knew they’d only ever fill it for the biggest of games tells you all you need to know.
Granted they have a huge worldwide fan base.
But for me fan base and supporters are 2 different things.
Aaron Ramsey knows the difference now!

I like his attitude already...has slotted in well...doesn't appear to have any ego and whats more not once yesterday did he give the impression he would have been happier playing in the sunshine of Turin, rather than a force 8 storm in picturesque Annan.
I was at the Scotland v Brazil game in Turin during the 1990 World Cup. Heaviest rainfall I ever experienced, was that day LOL

Back